Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Best Regen You've Managed?

mkgingerz

I was managing Real Madrid in my journey man save and came across this guy. Needless to say I signed him, just wondering who the best regen you managed was?

IMG_0339.PNG

Memorable would have to be Pedro Cunha (CR7), or my two kids Sunday Sale (unknown GK, first name was Sunday in Spanish apparently, don't recall actual name) and Colin Sale (unknown Scottish striker). 

All three from the PSP days, since moving to IOS I've hardly used regens at all. Should have some screenshots on the PC so I might post them later :) 

I've never really dug into regens. I know the concept obviously, but how do you *know* a player is a regen? And how do you know whose regen they are? Is it just guess work (ie nationality, position and skills)? 

I continually search for great youngsters and take the ones who look most promising, without knowing which ones are regens and which are just generated. It doesn't really matter to me. If I take the player and they develop well, I keep them. And if they don't, I sell them...

So what am I missing? :)

7 hours ago, scratch99 said:

I've never really dug into regens. I know the concept obviously, but how do you *know* a player is a regen? And how do you know whose regen they are? Is it just guess work (ie nationality, position and skills)? 

I continually search for great youngsters and take the ones who look most promising, without knowing which ones are regens and which are just generated. It doesn't really matter to me. If I take the player and they develop well, I keep them. And if they don't, I sell them...

So what am I missing? :)

dude, you just have the same doubt as me :( I also enjoy trying to find a good youngster to develop, but I never knew if I've ever got a regen. Afaik, there isn't a way to guarantee it's a regen, just by deduction (as you pointed, nationality, position, skills).

5 minutes ago, Westham_Till_I_Die said:

Stupid question but whats a regen? @mkgingerz

Lol.. Not stupid if you mean it. A regen is a reincarnation of a great player that comes on the game, after he retires. in the instance I used, after Del Piero retired, Matteo Conti appeared. Played in same positions (AML, ST) and was really good for a 16-year old.

3 minutes ago, Westham_Till_I_Die said:

So would this guy be a regen?

IMG_0925.thumb.PNG.7bc816fdb8d629d32d884d46bce63a6f.PNG

Signed him not long ago and his stats were amazing for a player in the Vanarama North league.

IMG_0926.thumb.PNG.1862f63371f94df284dd2fa4b72e07df.PNG

@DesChyko0

No he isn't. His stats show he has been in the league for five seasons already, even later than FMM 17. A regen would start his career the same year the main player retired. I'm yet to track a regen on my current save. Would have shared.

Had Ibrahimovic's and he smashed in goals season after season, but was unfortunately often injured. I had Messi's for a brief period but he was slightly underwhelming, perhaps because I used him on the wing.

Doesn't every player become a regen? Or do they sometimes not get replaced. Messi's replacement didn't make it into my recent game when he retired.

Best regen so far this edition. Beast. He's also gotten better, I'll probably update in that thread when he grows out of his teen years.

As for my best regen ever, probably FMH 2014. I didn't know what regens were at the time, but he appeared 1 year in and I suspect it's Thierry Henry's regen, name was Jordan Pillot. Every single stats, yes EVERY single stat, was above 15. Technically, physically and mentally he was a masterpiece. He tore through everything. Was it then that older players deteriorated fast? His strength was still good, but his pace and stamina went. He became really stationary, but he was still well able to squeeze goals in with his monstrous technical skills. I stopped that save when he was 32, still all green except the 3 physicals and tackling (which fell to 14, as though anyone cares).