Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Goal Challenge Inception 2 - Ashez Vs Prize

Ashez

Goal Challenge Inception
Two

For those of you who know what this title means i hope the excitement in running through your veins already, especially as this is going to be bigger and better than anything i've ever even attempted to bring to Vibe in the past! It's no secret that in the last year or two i'd lost my way with FMM with ideas not working out and just generally not enjoying the game, this year however i took a different approach and went back to the basics. I needed to find the game fun again, i needed to refind my mojo and with the help of this community i am back and arguably better than ever! The epic encounter i had verse @samhardy in my first official save of the year really brought back that buzz to be posting, that feeling of knowing i was entertaining you guys really inspired me. I then moved on to just a fun career to play in the Hulk Hogan save to make sure i was enjoying the game again and even your responses to a stupid gimmick save like that proved to me it was time to once again up my game and make a statement. 

I have a list of four or so challenges which are careers i've always wanted to do but due to various limitations within the game they haven't been possible, then however 2017 came out and one of those ideas became a real possibility, which brings us to today. Now sit back and enjoy as i reveal my big save of 2017, if you thought the original Inception save or even my triple 1kc save from last year were massive, you haven't seen anything yet! 

What Is Goal Challenge Inception?

Goal Challenge Inception is a save i posted way back in 2014 which involved me attempting to complete not one, not two but seven challenges at the same time with five of them being goal challenges! It is by far the biggest career i've ever posted on Vibe and one of the biggest careers Vibe has ever seen in terms of views and fan response, that is not all however as it was also the first Triple Threat attempt completed on Vibe so you can see how much it inspired the community as the Triple Threat is now one of Vibe's premier challenges. The Inception concept has been imitated a number of times since it's debut in 2014 but no one has managed to expand the challenge, until now! 

Link To Original Challenge

What Is Goal Challenge Inception 2 Then?

I'm not one to rehash old ideas, if you've followed my work here on Vibe you'll see i've always tried to push myself and the game, i started with the One Thousand Goal Challenge, i doubled that to doing it with two players at the same time and then last year i even tripled it to see three players do it at the same time. I've done it with one striker getting the 1k and another getting 200 to also smash the Double Trouble challenge and during my original Inception save i smashed the Triple Threat, Double Trouble and the One Thousand Goal challenge at the same time. So the question is how do i go bigger? What's the next logical step from Inception? 

Thank You 2017
You Bug Filled Mess!

As FMM goes 2017 won't be a landmark year for the series in terms of tactical or engine enhancements but SI did let one issue slip under the radar into the retail release of the game, for those of you with brains i'm sure you know what i'm referring to. @BatiGoalpaved the way by revealing to Vibe just how broken the EME was when he started using his five striker formation, the second i saw this my eye was caught and i knew my future was going to be bright as long as i could get into the game. 

Unfortunately i won't be using a formation with five strikers as that can be an idea for 2018 but second on my list of saves i've wanted to play since the original Inception save has been something involving four strikers.  

It's not an idea i jumped onto right away as the EME isn't the most practical of engines for me to play on due to an ageing device and i knew testing and creating the ideal tactic for a save this big would be an absolute time sink. The FMM God's smiled on me however as when i was working on another project recently i discovered another critical bug within the game, it was a bug that is extremely damaging to the series but it opened the door to me, it showed me instantly why stupid formations were possible and it gave me the information i needed to really jump into testing. Blindly testing formations is a fool's game, knowing why they work is how you go places. 

With the information in hand i set to work, a week or so of constant tactic testing followed as i messed around with various ideas, theories, concepts and variations until i'd discovered something that could potentially do the job. It is around here where i have to thank Prize as he was fantastic in helping me talk through ideas, without him this wouldn't be happening. 

Creating this tactic was a frustrating yet fun task as it tested everything i know about the game, it reminded me why i love this series and all the testing i did back on the PSP and during the discovery of my 433 used in the original Inception save. I've done ridiculous testing for only a handful of saves but all have been some of my biggest, my PSP tactic arguably broke the engine, my CR71000 was stupidly broken in 2013 and my current 433 just laughs at the OME. However this four striker tactic is far from a done deal, it's extremely iffy to use, can be temperamental and has a few tricks to getting it working, to be honest with more control i think i could break the EME completely, it has so many flaws it's unreal. 

It goes without saying really but this tactic will not be seeing a public release. 

The Actual Challenge

Now the background is out the way let's crack on and reveal what this challenge will involve! 

Challenge One
The Fatal Fourway

This challenge has been spoken about before but never completed or attempted to my knowledge. It's not an official challenge but one i'll be hoping to achieve during this save, the concept is simply adding an extra player and an extra 500 goals to the Triple Threat Challenge. 
Challenge: Four strikers to achieve 2000 Goals

Challenge Two, Three, Four And Five

Four Triple Threats

Having four strikers brings so many options and in particular it bring's four sets of three's so we will be attempting four triple threats at the same time! 
Challenge: Three Strikers to achieve 1500 goals
Strikers: 1-2-3
Strikers: 1-2-4
Strikers: 1-3-4
Strikers: 2-3-4
Hopefully i've not missed a combo out there, it got confusing haha. 

Challenge Six, Seven, Eight, Nine, Ten And Eleven
Six Double Troubles

You should have seen this one coming! Doubling the strikers means doubling the trouble! 
Challenge: Two Strikers to achieve 1200 goals
Strikers: 1+2
Strikers: 1+3
Strikers: 1+4
Strikers: 2+3
Strikers: 2+4
Strikers: 3+4

Challenge Twelve
The 1000 Goal Challenge

My favourite challenge also has to have a mention but this one is extremely unlikely hence why i'm not even gunna lie and say i'm attempting four of them haha. This is the ultimate bonus challenge, it's one i doubt i'll push for as the others are more important to me but it's one to keep in mind. 
Challenge: One striker to achieve 1000 goals. 

Bonus Challenges I'm Attempting

Double Trouble Assist Challenge
Assist Challenge

Aiming High

So my targets are now out in the open, what do you guys think? I'm not trying to fluke anything here and all my targets have been laid out in front of us so you can see what i'm hoping to achieve. Will i achieve all of them? Unlikely, i'd love to say i believe all these are possible but only time will tell, my main aim is to achieve the Fatal Fourway challenge, if i achieve that we should pick up a number of the others along the way. You know me, when i go for something big it's planned out, i don't stumble onto success, i plan it and aim for it so anything i achieve will have been thought about as shown here. I'd rather aim high and fail a few than aim low and fluke extra! 

Conclusion

Unfortunately this took longer than i expected to put together and i've ran out of time, usually i'd hold back until an opening post is finished before posting but i want this concept out there as i'm so excited about it and i'm busy for the next few days! Hopefully you're not too frustrated that the players involved and the club selection has been delayed until a later date but i'll have all the information posted as soon as i can. In the meantime let's turn a negative into a positive as you can try and guess who i will be using in this save! In an attempt to make up for the delay i'll try and make the second part of his OP extra special and in depth. 

Thank you for viewing, hopefully this save has you as excited about it as i am and i can't wait to hear your views and opinions!
Please don't forget to leave a comment. 

Edited by Ashez
1 hour ago, BatiGoal said:

Are you going to finish this before the release of FMM18? :)

Goodluck mate!!

Haha, it could be tight on my device that! 

2 hours ago, Real_Random said:

This looks fantastic. Good luck mate. I wasn't a member when you did your original Inception, so I can't wait.

That's what I like to hear, was starting to think it was only me who was excited about this challenge! 

In the immortal words of Willy Wonka (aka Gene Wilder):

If you want to view paradise
Simply look around and view it
Anything you want to, do it
Wanna change the world?
There's nothing to it

FMM paradise baby! 

This is going to be epic! Can't wait to watch it unfold! 

But this bit:

11 hours ago, Ashez said:

i started with the One Thousand Goal Challenge, i doubled that to doing it with two players at the same time and then last year i even tripled it to see three players do it at the same time

Do you have links to those 2x1KC and 3x1KC careers? I'd love to go read them. I have a save started for a 2x1KC and hadn't realized it had already been done before! But I can't even imagine a 3x1KC career... 

6 hours ago, Paul186 said:

Looking forward to reading this career, I'm certain you will nail it.

Let's hope so :D 

6 hours ago, Thepremiermanager said:

In the immortal words of Willy Wonka (aka Gene Wilder):

If you want to view paradise
Simply look around and view it
Anything you want to, do it
Wanna change the world?
There's nothing to it

FMM paradise baby! 

Now that's what I'm talking about! Love that film! 

2 hours ago, scratch99 said:

This is going to be epic! Can't wait to watch it unfold! 

But this bit:

Do you have links to those 2x1KC and 3x1KC careers? I'd love to go read them. I have a save started for a 2x1KC and hadn't realized it had already been done before! But I can't even imagine a 3x1KC career... 

Brilliant to hear :D 

Sure thing, here you go: 

Enjoy :) 

2 hours ago, Jack said:

The save of all saves, best of luck mate! 

That's the dream! 

16 hours ago, Ashez said:

The epic encounter i had verse @samhardy in my first official save of the year really brought back that buzz to be posting, that feeling of knowing i was entertaining you guys really inspired me. 

We just love seeing you lose :laugh:

@BatiGoalpaved the way by revealing to Vibe just how broken the EME was when he started using his five striker formation, the second i saw this my eye was caught and i knew my future was going to be bright as long as i could get into the game. 

It is around here where i have to thank Prize as he was fantastic in helping me talk through ideas, without him this wouldn't be happening. 

So Bati gets a mention, and the one who saved your virgin EME ass get's a footnote :( 

Aiming High

So my targets are now out in the open, what do you guys think? 

Since i helped you... i know you are way out of your league Mr. Legend...  Fail in the making without any assistance :laugh:

Conclusion

i can't wait to hear your views and opinions!

I see you ending up in the corner sobbing you failed miserably :P I think i would whoop your ass on this one :P 

@PriZe: Yawn, same old story. Unfortunately not got time to silence you as I have this career to focus on, go back to your Mickey Mouse Cup!. 

3 hours ago, Gonzolito said:

Wow. I think I'll be throughly following this one. Huge challenge, but I don't know why, I'm sure you cant beat it !

Hope you meant can haha, it's some undertaking that's for sure! 

48 minutes ago, PriZe said:

@Ashez yawn same old excuses dogging me :P m8 with your knowledge of the EME you will have time after one season :laugh: 

The EME is easy and makes you look good! That simple! You have no CC finals on OME like myself ;)

4 hours ago, Ashez said:

The EME is easy and makes you look good! That simple! You have no CC finals on OME like myself ;)

I'm loving the OME at the moment. I do feel like results come in a little easier and it seems easier to score 5-6-7 goals with a single player whereas I haven't been able to do that on the EME. Then again, I'm using a attacking 5-def formation (I know the contrast :) )which I don't think I've tried on EME.

Looking forward to seeing your crew for this challenge.

6 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

I'm loving the OME at the moment. I do feel like results come in a little easier and it seems easier to score 5-6-7 goals with a single player whereas I haven't been able to do that on the EME. Then again, I'm using a attacking 5-def formation (I know the contrast :) )which I don't think I've tried on EME.

Looking forward to seeing your crew for this challenge.

The OME is more goal heavy than the EME but the EME has become more goal heavy this year. I think a lot of that issue could potentially be down to how the roles work however as there are a few roles on the EME I'm not convinced by in an attacking sense, especially say ISF's who's constant shots on goal from distance screw with the stats etc. 

Both engines have issues and both are far from perfect, ideally I want a hybrid as both have great parts and both have really negative aspects. Taking the luck of the coin toss out of FMM makes the EME easy, sure it can still throw a curve ball at you but if you know what you're doing it can be a very easy experience. Which in fairness I have no issue with, I want to be in control of the challenge of the game via things like this challenge, in some ways I think FMM is a hard game to add difficulty to without it feeling cheap. 

Take the OME goal conversion issues which many people have issues with, that's the game trying to be difficult but it comes across as cheap. Btw the EME has all those issues too it just doesn't get moaned about, how often do you hit the post, keeper saves from point blank, striker one on one and shoots from distance, long shots in general and so on. The EME is just as scripted IMO if you actually watch it, how often does a second goal instantly follow a first and the text reads "2 in 5mins" or whatever rubbish. The EME seriously isn't all it's cracked up to be. 

I can play both engines and I get enjoyment and frustration out of both yet both offer me different things. I can sometimes miss the EME while I can also miss the OME. My biggest gripe with the EME is the time it takes on my device, no joke it's around 6 hours a season! I know my device is to blame as I've tried the engine on another device and it's 30 seconds faster on the test I did (2 year old device). That's massive over 60 odd games a season, never mind across ten years etc. I just can't justify buying a new device purely for FMM at this point, especially as it'll likely need to be done again in the next year or two as the game hopefully improves. just personally I don't see the EME as the future of the series as it's a mess and has more issues than people care to mention, it's three years old now and hardly improved so what future can it have? 

If FMM manages to keep it's grip on me I think I will upgrade to a new device for 2018 but I'm far from that point at the moment. It'll only get harder with the Switch releasing in two weeks too. This save could potentially be my swan song or my reignition I suppose you could say haha.  

Wow talk about going off on one haha, the player reveal will be up as soon as I can fit it in :)

I really like the concept Ash, so much so that I gave it a go last night. 

I completed all the challenges (1&4 double trouble was tight but I managed it). 

I won't post my results as I don't want to rain on your parade. 

Good luck. I'm looking forward to following your attempt. 

2 hours ago, billy2shots said:

I really like the concept Ash, so much so that I gave it a go last night. 

I completed all the challenges (1&4 double trouble was tight but I managed it). 

I won't post my results as I don't want to rain on your parade. 

Good luck. I'm looking forward to following your attempt. 

Wow! That's impressive, congratulations mate! I appreciate you deciding to hold back on posting haha. 

In all seriousness I am worried about those DT's, not sure if the 1-4 partnership will be an issue though as I've not numbered the strikers yet haha, could be a good prediction though! 

Thanks for the comment :) 

1 hour ago, Ashez said:

In all seriousness I am worried about those DT's, not sure if the 1-4 partnership will be an issue though. Prolly will be me thats the issue

Fixed it for you

interesting challenge and should be fun to follow, although the first challenge 2000 goals between 4 players seems to simple/bland. Seem to recall reading a previous thread in which someone managed 3500+ with three players.

All in all, GOOD LUCK!!!

5 hours ago, Ashez said:

I can play both engines and I get enjoyment and frustration out of both yet both offer me different things. I can sometimes miss the EME while I can also miss the OME.

Having just finished a season on the OME I totally get what you're saying.

5 hours ago, Ashez said:

My biggest gripe with the EME is the time it takes on my device, no joke it's around 6 hours a season!

The EME runs pretty smooth on my device but the OME took me only half the time. Won't be easy to return to the EME after 10-15 season on the original engine lol

5 hours ago, Ashez said:

just personally I don't see the EME as the future of the series as it's a mess and has more issues than people care to mention, it's three years old now and hardly improved so what future can it have? 

I wish I could disagree with you, but you're right unfortunately.

5 hours ago, Ashez said:

the player reveal will be up as soon as I can fit it in :)

Get on with it! :P

41 minutes ago, PriZe said:

Fixed it for you

Mate, you're boring :P 

10 minutes ago, Sarah H said:

interesting challenge and should be fun to follow, although the first challenge 2000 goals between 4 players seems to simple/bland. Seem to recall reading a previous thread in which someone managed 3500+ with three players.

All in all, GOOD LUCK!!!

I do agree in simple terms tbf but a 433 is a tried and tested shape and formation. Adding the fourth isn't just as simple as adding an extra player as he has to come from somewhere etc. That extra player missing from your midfield or even defence will unbalance you. A 433 is a fairly balanced shape and getting a scoring front three be it narrow or wide can be achieved with ease. Like a one up top formation is easy to make, a goal scoring two up top with both scoring is difficult while a 433 is easy again. Even if you manage to make a four up top formation you also have to have it scoring and scoring enough to achieve the numbers I'm after while also being successful enough to keep the players and the job. I tested plenty of shapes and formations for this, a surprising amount worked to some degree but only two got anywhere near the numbers I'm after. 

Like I said on a base level I agree just adding another player and another 500 goals onto the TT doesn't sound that challenging as 433's have beaten that, mine hit over 3k last year for example, the issue is the balance and making sure the targets are hit etc. Thanks for the support :). 

4 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

Having just finished a season on the OME I totally get what you're saying.

The EME runs pretty smooth on my device but the OME took me only half the time. Won't be easy to return to the EME after 10-15 season on the original engine lol

I wish I could disagree with you, but you're right unfortunately.

Get on with it! :P

The OME is FMM to me, it has been for a decade now. The OME gets shit but it should as it's three years old and untouched. What engine developments has the EME brought to the table in that period? No added tactic benefit and no extra features. It's just prettier and nicer to watch which is appealing but at what cost? Stat wise the EME is a mess and it has many of the same issues as the OME just packaged differently. 

The OME is lightening, especially on com only which is how I like to play. Wish com only was a worthwhile option on EME once my tactics were tested/created. Jumping between engines is fun as it offers you the best of both worlds, to me speed is vital and at this point the EME offers me little to warrant it's use. Only reason this is EME is because I'm exploiting it lol, for how "unrealistic" the OME is this idea simply isn't possible on it, trust me i know as I've been trying it since 2015 haha.

The engine is my biggest concern, especially if the EME isn't the future. Look at it's track record, the EME was introduced as a mess and three years later it's still full of issues. I can't see an new engine for the next year or so so say for 2020 (my theory - 2018 UI, 2019 small, 2020 engine). What if that engine also needs a bedding in period? The theory of waiting until 2023 for a decent engine terrify's me! Thankfully it's just a theory of mine, i've just seen no evidence that the EME is the future as yet and this bedding in period has been testing Anyway I'm getting massively off topic and I don't want to offend anyone. 

Update wise I'll see what I can do :) 

Goal Challenge Inception
Two - Part 2

Hold on, wait what? An update by PriZe in a @Ashez career? Yes ladies and gentlemen, this is an intervention. I can't bare and see how my dear friend Ashez is about to ruin his Vibe legend status, he needs help if he likes it or not....

A Clash Of The Titans
Ok ok it's not so dramatic as it sounds ;) One of the first things Ashez and i discuss after the release of a new FMM is challenges we always wanted to do, but weren't able to do.

So this year the Fatal Fourway was discussed again and again and again. Some insights Ashez already mentioned got us so excited that we started working on the concept of Inception 2!

Challengewise it was a no brainer, bigger, better, larger! And after rigorously testing tactics we found a tactic which gives us a shot to compleet the challenge's.
Since it was on the EME and Ashez lacks knowledge on that part :P we decided to play it together, and like our Pele & Rivaldo career make it an official H2H!

So there you have it, a big H2H with some crazy goal challenges! So where is this all going to take place?

The Club Of Choice
WrQklEz.jpg

Short and sweet about this, we tried it in Portugal at FC Porto, but even when Ashez got us a transferbudget of 40 milion we couldn't get the quality we wanted. So what's left? Going big! And if you go big you go.....

Real Madrid! A huge transferbudget, the right players already at the club for our tactic and a nice mixture of promising youngsters and players in their prime!

Now let's go to the important stuff!

The Strikers
We decided we both would pick a outside striker and a central one to keep it fair H2H wise.

Ashez his pick

Leroy Sane

XLmoTpm.png

First up we got Sane, just look at this lad! Young, pacy, and an eye for a goal! To be fair, Ashez his pick has got me worried!!!

Breel Embolo

rhobpzU.png

Although ruled out for the rest of the season irl, Ashez hopes that a partnership between Breel and Leroy will bring him luck in our H2H. And tbh, they are amazing picks!

PriZe his picks

Anthony Martial

dUQsZaw.png

I think this is the third time i am using Martial in combination with a challenge, and we have a love hate relationship, but he has everything i need. He can play on the left and central, and his blistering pace is going to help me get some goals!

Kelechi Iheanacho

dDsMBQr.jpg

An all out striker, young, strong and the ability to score headers, i have high hopes for Kelechi!

Concluding

So thats it for now! Some insane goal challenges, a H2H to dream off, and exciting strikers! We hope you like the twist to this career and are looking forward to hear your opinions! As always, thanks for reading and don't forget to leave a comment :D

Edited by PriZe

Like I was only going to post half an OP! You all should have thought I was up to something! 

Delighted to be aiming for something so massive with such a good friend, just makes this all the more special. Tbh it was also the only way this was going to happen, there was no chance I was going to invest 100 odd hours into this career. As much as I love you all that just wouldn't happen lol. Prize offering to share the burden made this possible for me so I have to thank him massively, now I just have to hope we achieve our goals! 

Also buzzing to win this H2H and shut Prize up for all the mouthing off he's been doing of late :P. I've let Team Ashez done once already this year, I can't let that happen again! 

21 hours ago, Taff said:

One for the Ages and although this will be Legen.....wait for it.....dery you two are NUTS

@Ashez is the one who's nuts :P

20 hours ago, Ashez said:

Also buzzing to win this H2H and shut Prize up for all the mouthing off he's been doing of late :P. I've let Team Ashez done once already this year, I prolly will let that happen again! 

As always fixed it for you :P

1 hour ago, PriZe said:

@Ashez is the one who's nuts :P

As always fixed it for you :P

Like that's a bad thing? ;) 

1 hour ago, scratch99 said:

This is crazy! Looking forward to it. Sitting on the fence for the moment though! :)

I'll convince you to join team Ashez in time :)