Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help Match Overview

Johnson2017

Is there a guide on here anywhere or could someone create one that gives instructions on how to improve on the team overview..

For example - Lone striker struggled to find space or Midfield failed to retain possession

Thanks in advance!

I ran some tests recently and was tracking these comments. If I have time, I'll try to see if there are any patterns. But basically, most of these comments are extrapolated directly from match stats.

Lone striker comments typically mean the ball didn't get to him often (low pass, pass completion and shot numbers). This usually implies a problem in the midfield since they couldn't get him the ball.

Midfield failed to retain possession points to low pass #s by your midfielders. You probably lost possession% especially in the midfield by at least 5-10%. This is also probably the reason why your striker struggled. You could try adding a player to the midfield to bolster your numbers there.

Also, if you're using primary outlet or attacker, I'd suggest removing those for now. It's a slightly more advanced option for refining a tactic but you're better off leaving those blank until you settle on something that works. 

I'm using a 4 3 2 1 formation that has always worked wonders for me which ever team i have chosen. However i've just started a new save as Tranmere Rovers and seem to be getting these comments after 75% of the games. Must just be crappy midfielders then as my striker is a beast! 

Time to get rid of some midfielders!

A good idea but sadly none of them can be to one issue and sometimes they can be ignored if you win and keep winning.

For example:

Midfield failed to retain possession. 

Cause?

*Playing long or direct passing (therefore not an issue)

*Being pressed quickly by opposition

*Players lack good teamwork and passing

*No passing player roles in midfield

Too many things there to consider writing a guide on in my opinion. Plus as mentioned it sometimes isn't bad and it really depends on performances, consistency of the issue coming up and whether that matches your team's style (Leicester last year played amazing counter attacking so wouldn't care about midfield possession)

This is very true Dec.

I am getting these messages yet i am winning.. I just can't help but think if these messages didn't pop up, i'd be winning by alot more! And i'm trying to get my striker to score at least 60/70 goals this season!

Will play around with the instructions and see if i can conjure up any magic

Best advice I can give anyone? Ignore those comments completely, they're useless and mean nothing. Tried to use them multiple times and it just becomes a frustrating mess. 

The only one that speaks truth, is when is says that striker struggled to win arial balls! 

if you have a nice tall striker with decent shooting attribute then you're in!

I guess those are derived from that particular match stats. What I recommend is that you only apply changes for those that appear frequently if they limit your team performances.