Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mollers01

Five Teams To Play As Before The Update

The winter transfer update is nearly upon us (within the next month hopefully) and with it come not just updated transfers, but also boosts in stats for players and clubs who are performing well. But what about those who aren’t living up to expectations? Stats, of course, can go down as well as up. Here I look at five teams you should start a save as before the update, as I anticipate them taking a hit:

1024px-Leicester_City_svg.jpg.5e5549162d82fecb46bdf4c0a5e4fa74.jpg

Leicester

Where else is there to start but with the Foxes? Last season’s Premier League champions are in complete freefall, and none of their stars of last season are living up to expectations – the likes of Vardy, Mahrez, Drinkwater and Morgan are all likely to take a bashing in the stats rating, and that will have an impact on the whole squad. Start a save now while they are all still at their peak!

aston_villa_logo_png.jpg.536e9be74af03c2b379900eda5c57cfa.jpg

Aston Villa

Villa are an odd choice, as I also included them in my list of teams to play as post-update, but considering their huge turnover in players in January they are basically a whole different team pre- and post-update. Give them a go and see if you can do better than Roberto di Matteo and Steve Bruce!

4-piast-gliwice.jpg.5f21376ae8b4ceaf71b9051babfa3556.jpg

Piast Gliwice

There’s a bit of a theme developing here! Piast Gliwice massively overachieved last season and finished in a highly respectable second place. However, they lost their joint top scorers in the summer and other key players have stopped performing, and as a result they have now plummeted back down the table. Are you the person to get their new strikers and other key players performing once more?

Adelaide-United-trademark-logo.jpg.54e6a6c682e17f7410e910d8f674311d.jpg

Adelaide United

Just like Leicester, Adelaide United are another top to bottom story. The 2015-2016 A-League Champions, they are now rock bottom of the division, seven points from safety. Key men Craig Goodwin and Bruce Djite did leave the club over the summer, but two men do not make the difference between top or bottom – or do they? Give the rest of the squad a whirl to find out.

Lille.jpg.7be77e2bb36d69e9ee5ffbea60ab5c4f.jpg

Lille

The team from Northern France had a great season in 2015/2016, finishing in an impressive fifth position in Ligue 1 and qualifying for the Europa League. Despite retaining the majority of their squad (albeit losing top scorer Sofiane Boufal to Southampton), they are struggling hugely this season, only out of the relegation zone by one point. Why not see if you can keep them in the top half of the league?

So what do you think? Have these inspired you to get a save going before the update? Or are you waiting?

I've been a LOSC supporter for about 10 years now and they certainly are in flux at the moment (well, they have been since their title winning side got dismantled by the big guns). They might actually be an interesting side after the update too, as they have a new owner and have brought in a few intriguing prospects.