Chat That Brexit Dilemma.. Any Easier Way Out?

Posted by
  • Level 3 L3

Okay.. I've had this issue for a while but this is where I will be heartbroken to lose out.

There's this Chelsea youngster I managed to secure at £6m. He will be a great soon. I've tried all means to sign him up but the Brexit problem keeps surfacing.

He is currently on loan at my club (Braunschweig) and I have the option of buyout clause (£6m) but I still got same issue at the January transfer window.

So I ask, any hope of retaining this guy below?

Screenshot_2017-02-17-15-40-43.png

Screenshot_2017-02-17-15-49-38.png

Brexit shouldn't affect the movement of British players and/or their movement to the continent. It only affects players moving into the British system.

Yes - you can use the 'turn work permits off' unlockable by starting a new career as a team that have huge funds (I used Chelsea and sold players for further funds) and buy as many South American / Russian / Asian players as you can (these all required work permits to play in the UK) until you get the message regarding turning work permits permanently off. 

13 minutes ago, KennyMiller27 said:

Brexit shouldn't affect the movement of British players and/or their movement to the continent. It only affects players moving into the British system.

Free movement goes both ways. Loss of free movement would not only make it harder to bring European players to an English club, but also potentially the other way round (depends on domestic law).

4 hours ago, Jack said:

Yes - you can use the 'turn work permits off' unlockable by starting a new career as a team that have huge funds (I used Chelsea and sold players for further funds) and buy as many South American / Russian / Asian players as you can (these all required work permits to play in the UK) until you get the message regarding turning work permits permanently off. 

Pheew! Thanks a bunch!