Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help Unhappy With Training Regime

Meow

I've noticed that it's very difficult to get rid of this problem. Changing it to very very low intensity doesn't help either. Players that get unhappy with training regime stay unhappy for me, even if I switch to fitness or technical.

Welcome to the most frustrating, almost-makes-me-want-to-quit, problem of this game.  The training system is awful and unintuitive and there is absolutely ZERO feedback about how to fix any player unhappiness.  Considering FMM is supposed to be a streamlined game, player unhappiness is an awful and incredibly fiddly "feature".  

Also, with the new interaction options, you can't even have a negative interaction about training with the players and most positive interaction usually causes "lax at training" comment.

Look at the progress screen and see the attributes that are going down and try to fix it.

I had a striker unhappy for months so I changed his training schedule to fitness thinking he was beign overworked then I looked at screen and noticed he was going down on attacking so I tweaked it a little bit then he became happy again. It takes a while though

Unfortunately very difficult to fix once a player has become u happy but a goo way of making him happy once you have tweaked the training schedule is to offer him a new contract.  I have had to do this several times and in most cases simply offering him the same wage but extending his contract has worked.

Had this issue too, signed a player and he was happy and fine. Six odd months later he decided he didn't like the training :@. Had a fiddle and it is an issue that won't go away now, just putting up with it as it doesn't seem to be having much impact on his performances. 

At this point they should just scrap IT, it's a nothing feature that hasn't improved in years. For as long as I can remember everyone has used more or less the same settings created by Dec. They've changed it for sake of change as not like it's improved or had more features/options added. 

Nothing annoys me more than the game just randomly deciding a player has an issue. Like unhappiness due to training or lack of effort and so on, it's just frustrating as usually comes from nowhere and there is nothing we can do about it. Like Coutinho hates IT, no idea why as nothing about him screams that he's lazy or doesn't try IRL. 

Training settings in this game are stupid.  It's a completely meaningless means to an end.  Why can't we just designate a training regime for each player and just let it stick so we can shape our team how we want it?  This game is called Football Manager not Training Manager.

For me, I'm just indifferent to the training system, it barely exists until a player decides he doesn't like it. Even then I don't touch the regime, but shift him to another or sell him.

Also not being able to retrain traits is annoying as heck.

I changed the 'Technical' training to have all attributes set to light, so if a player is unhappy with his training, I changed his regime to Technical, wait a while until he's happy again, and change it back to whatever regime he had before. It works everytime

This issue has increased dramatically since the update I have noticed.

Like @Ashezhas mentioned it really doesn't go away unless you put everything down to Light and None GK but then the player stats are so much worse then when you bought. The only option is to sell him!

Also I've had players happy for nearly a whole season before deciding they don't like the training?