Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat This Greyd Out Player!!!

Just offered contract to this greyed out player, on a Man Utd save looking for a TM. Anyone else had this kind of luck?

Not edited or anything cause, the edit button at the bottom is still blue. Confirm button is greyed out as well on the edit screen, so not changed anything. ??

image.png

image.png

10 minutes ago, Hashan Perera said:

Just offered contract to this greyed out player, on a Man Utd save looking for a TM. Anyone else had this kind of luck?

Not edited or anything cause, the edit button at the bottom is still blue. Confirm button is greyed out as well on the edit screen, so not changed anything. ??

image.png

image.png

How Do you get the field where you can see he is World class ?

3 minutes ago, AndersJ said:

How Do you get the field where you can see he is World class ?

You have to buy the In Game Editor and go into the edit screen and it shows you his CA and PA.

1 hour ago, Hashan Perera said:

You have to buy the In Game Editor and go into the edit screen and it shows you his CA and PA.

That's good to know that greyed out players on higher teams get generated with better potential. Gives me hope to keep checking the reserves for gems. I've not had anyone this good on FMM17 - I believe they toned down how good grey players are compared to last year:

Also, I've never been tempted to buy the editor but knowing that I can use it to clear unhappiness is pretty tempting. 

Ethical question - is it cheating to clear out a player's training unhappiness after you've exhausted all alternatives in what is clearly an overturned, outdated, and outright broken part of the game?

It seems pretty random, pulled a world class (potential) player from FC United's reserve. Don't know if better facilities have an impact on the quality of player. I have found, however, that most reserve squad players, even the ones with fantastic PA tend to have terrible playing traits, like moving the ball to their strong foot before dribbling, diving into tackles, et cetera. 

Insofar as "cheating" is concerned, it's your game, mate. I'm sure there's people with a thousand different opinions, but it's your game, don't let anyone tell you how to enjoy a product you bought. Now, if we're talking in terms of challenges or on-site competitions, using the editor while others are not would certainly be an unfair advantage. For your own play, though, enjoy your game. (In my personal opinion, I find no issues with using the IGE to make up for such programming shortcomings, or like, trying to sign a player already in the UK in real life but the game won't give him a work permit.)

7 hours ago, veerus said:

That's good to know that greyed out players on higher teams get generated with better potential. Gives me hope to keep checking the reserves for gems. I've not had anyone this good on FMM17 - I believe they toned down how good grey players are compared to last year:

Also, I've never been tempted to buy the editor but knowing that I can use it to clear unhappiness is pretty tempting. 

Ethical question - is it cheating to clear out a player's training unhappiness after you've exhausted all alternatives in what is clearly an overturned, outdated, and outright broken part of the game?

What BleedsBlue said about cheating, as long as it's your game that's cool, enjoy it, but for challenges and that on here it's an unfair advantage!

I did this exact tactic on FMM2015 with Atletico and found a few very good players - found it to be pretty rare to find a top player like yours though (I'd promote an entire team and hope one came good) - enjoy him!

3 hours ago, Jack said:

I did this exact tactic on FMM2015 with Atletico and found a few very good players - found it to be pretty rare to find a top player like yours though (I'd promote an entire team and hope one came good) - enjoy him!

Yeah before I got him I'd offered contracts to like 10 other strikers with similar stats and released them cause they had no room for growth.

1 hour ago, kts365 said:

This player looks almost exactly like the greyed out striker I completed 2k goals with last year.

Yeah I've read that thread, was pretty epic I must say, I made a clone of the save for the future, might try and get him to score 1k later on. 

Hey !
Nice dude there ! 

In FMM 2016 I had such a guy who was amazing.
Grey player from Bournemouth and was scoring well (with penalties and free kicks too). 
Here's the guy when I got him in attachments :

IMG_0266.thumb.PNG.547e147699ee63f01539c7b6084b8589.PNG

I've not been able to find such another guy like him.

After a few years : 

IMG_0425.thumb.PNG.25bbcc63f6ad22bd8d35d2b3e99d0673.PNG

I managed to make him score more a bit more than 1000 goals without any cap with England national team...

Show us how your guy turns out ok ? 

7 hours ago, Toji said:

Hey !
Nice dude there ! 

Grey player from Bournemouth and was scoring well (with penalties and free kicks too). 

After a few years : 

I managed to make him score more a bit more than 1000 goals without any cap with England national team...

Yeah mate will do might take a little while though, also did you get the 1000+ playing him in the prem the whole time?

11 hours ago, Toji said:

Here's the guy when I got him

After a few years : 

You managed to retrain him in all those positions? That is pretty good and rare to find a player with such generous aptitude.

Edited by BatiGoal

I'm not sure how closely CA/PA and stats are tied. Rather loosely it seems, especially with grey players. The PA I believe is generated randomly and only when you offer a contract, meaning the stats I believe are independent of the PA.

In any case, I'm a stats > PA kind of FM player. Some of my most memorable players I've had over the years simply had high 19/20 stamina and technique (along with 15-18 of key stats for their specific position), yet after I check their PA when I'm done with the save out of curiosity, their PA lies between 135-156.

On 01/03/2017 at 22:35, Hashan Perera said:

Yeah mate will do might take a little while though, also did you get the 1000+ playing him in the prem the whole time?

I think so. Maybe the first season when he was 18 I was in Championship but he didn't score so much.

On 02/03/2017 at 02:50, BatiGoal said:

You managed to retrain him in all those positions? That is pretty good and rare to find a player with such generous aptitude.

Yeah :) He had such a work rate and professionalism as hidden attributes (using iScout FMM 16), he was amazing!

Finished another season with him and decided to take @Dec 's advice and rest him when he's feeling pressure of FT football, so almost every game he came back to the FT he was scoring hat-tricks hence the 60+ goals. @Toji

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

On 1-3-2017 at 15:04, Toji said:

Hey !
Nice dude there ! 

After a few years : 

Frazer the beast! 

Haha @dutchfmh Of course ! 

Nice dude there Hashan !! :)
Your player is rated 5 stars though. Mine was not even above 3 stars and never got capped with England. What a pity :( Keep giving us some news :)