Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Premier League? What Premier League?

samhardy

Premier League? What Premier League?

What is this? Another career from myself? What is happening to the Rashford career? I'm sure are some of the questions that are currently going through your mind and to answer the latter, nothing at all is happening to the Rashford career. It will continue as normal, and fantastic progress is being made in that particular save. Yes, that's right, along with that and the Challenge Cup I've been indulging in another long term save that I'm about to share with you. It's definitely been a busy last month for me in terms of FMM :P

Originally I didn't intend to post this and just played it as my personal save but it seemed pointless after all the work put into it to not share it with anyone. So, without further ado:

What is the aim of this save? This is an ancient challenge on vibe that never really got much attention. I started it a couple of times but it never really materialised. It was created by Patrick all the way back in 2011 and I honestly believe it's the toughest team related challenge to have never been officially attempted on the site. Here's a link to the challenge thread:

In short, the aim of this challenge is simple. To ensure all 20 teams starting in the Premier League are out of it by the end of the game without managing any of them. If this doesn't happen, then I aim to get as many of the starting PL clubs out of it as possible.

I've already completed the first season of this so you don't have to wait for the first update. Enjoy :D

Season One

BadgeFulham.png

The first big decision came before even starting the save. Which club to start at? I had a look at all the Championship squads, and after coming to the conclusion that one of Norwich/Newcastle always get promoted anyway, to look elsewhere. Then I stumbled across the Fulham squad. A squad of players that suited my tactics perfectly. A squad full of exciting young players. The decision was made.

Transfers

Spoiler

Obviously when I leave Fulham I'll need to leave them in the best possible shape to enable they don't get relegated when I'm not at the club. With that in mind, my buys this season were all focused on the future, all look exciting talents for the future however Dozzell and particularly Wharton excelled this season. I don't usually buy in January but Jones and Ngoy appealed to me and were vital towards the end of the season. I also got rid of the high earners and players that just weren't required.

MVVxSf0l.jpg

mP1Oek1l.jpg

Season Review

Spoiler

0s2qpcAl.jpg

A pretty stunning first season if I do say so myself. The league was a stroll as expected with the squad at my disposal however the domestic cups were a pleasant surprise. In total we beat 7 Premier League teams on route to EFL Cup glory and the FA Cup semi finals. Europe awaits us next season.

YpGhUbEl.jpg

r1UPl1yl.jpg

gv4JOGWl.jpg

Fixtures

bnuqFsOl.jpg

fg4JpHLl.jpg

HHZ0gIJl.jpg

Ei4CwZAl.jpg

wciRCtll.jpg

gVT1yEBl.jpg

rxs8Jlhl.jpg

kdzQHvgl.jpg

Giant Killers

TK0hnhHl.jpg

O26uT5bl.jpg

NbF0ofAl.jpg

oisGtWxl.jpg

CiJGQnUl.jpg

hHmLeF9l.jpg

The Squad

Spoiler

N7gK6TLl.jpg

I had a core starting XI in mind which shows in this screenshot. There weren't many injuries although the amount of games we played meant a lot of rotation had to occur at times.

pixov1Tl.jpg

We had four main providers of goals this season. Apart from them they were all fairly spread out during the course of the season.

xG3kArxl.jpg

Already you can see that Johansen had an amazing season. Our player of the season by a long way.

Key Players

JwfdaI2l.jpg

xAteci7l.jpg

NB4O6f1l.jpg

LBSZtKBl.jpg

0vX5Mkbl.jpg

Nyd5G1Il.jpg

Tactics

Spoiler

A lot of comments usually arrive in careers asking about tactics used so I thought I'd take you through my three main tactics for this season.

UXiaCr3l.jpg

This was the main one we used this season. Johansen played that role to perfection and we went forward as a unit. It did get tweaked on occasion with the two wide men moving back to accommodate a striker, usually Woodrow, up front.

AlZA38Nl.jpg

The giant killer. This was used in every game against higher opposition clubs. I'm not showing the player roles but the main aim of the tactic was to soak up pressure and hit on the counter attack, but it also has the ability to create a lot of chances.

23Nm9Sll.jpg

Not much to say about this one - A pretty standard formation that was mostly used to keep the opposition guessing.

The Premier League

Spoiler

EU5QzXBl.jpg

Stoke, Swansea and Middlesbrough relegated. It's my job next season to raid them and keep them down.

1gfqluel.jpg

Derby get the final PL spot. Let's hope they do better than the last time they were in it in real life.

Manager Profile

Spoiler

jcinYCLl.jpg

Original Premier League Teams

Spoiler

AFC Bournemouth

Arsenal

Burnley

Chelsea

Crystal Palace

Everton

Hull

Leicester

Liverpool

Manchester City

Manchester United

Middlesbrough

Southampton

Stoke

Sunderland

Swansea

Tottenham

Watford

West Brom

West Ham

Bold - Currently out of the Premier League

I hope you enjoyed the first season of this unique adventure and that it has ignited your interest :D

I've considered playing striker-less formations but never actually tried. How was it working for you?

And how do you manage with so many unhappy players?

This is a really cool challenge. Most of the player related ones get a bit same-y. Such a meta challenge is very unique. Thanks for digging it up. 

I think this one might even be unknown to me, not ringing any bells at all! It's not the type of save I'd play but it's a solid concept. Any idea how often you think you should move? A tough one as you'd have to get Fulham stable first or risk them dropping off. I can see why it appeals as you've always liked similar careers and the Championship so win win for you :) 

Nothing better than to see us crush our rivals in the Cup. And win the Championship, of course. Will be sad times when you potentially leave for Villa, who really need your assistance. 

Man, I do remember reading this challenge but ages ago. Nothing like it so it'll be fun to follow. And even more so to see you struggle big time and ultimately fail :D Goodluck!

19 hours ago, Taff said:

This sounds like a very intriguing challenge and i will be following this very closely indeed

Good luck dude your going to need it

14 hours ago, Real_Random said:

Great season mate, I love this concept and it looks like a great career to follow. KIU.

It is a very intriguing concept. Not seen anything too similar to this attempted for ages so that makes it even more exciting.

17 hours ago, veerus said:

I've considered playing striker-less formations but never actually tried. How was it working for you?

And how do you manage with so many unhappy players?

This is a really cool challenge. Most of the player related ones get a bit same-y. Such a meta challenge is very unique. Thanks for digging it up. 

The striker-less system was my favourite one to use throughout the season. Scored a lot of goals and Johansen seemed to excel in the 'shadow striker' kind of role.

To be honest despite some people thinking otherwise I've never really seen much difference in the performances of unhappy players that are detrimental to themselves or the squad. It's all because of training though so if it got out of hand I'd adjust that, and if they continued complaining they'd be out of the door.

17 hours ago, Ashez said:

I think this one might even be unknown to me, not ringing any bells at all! It's not the type of save I'd play but it's a solid concept. Any idea how often you think you should move? A tough one as you'd have to get Fulham stable first or risk them dropping off. I can see why it appeals as you've always liked similar careers and the Championship so win win for you :) 

Hopefully when I leave Fulham they'll be set for the future with a healthy budget, that way they'll be able to attract better players. Qualifying for Europe in the first season will have helped.

13 hours ago, Seth Anacondas said:

Nothing better than to see us crush our rivals in the Cup. And win the Championship, of course. Will be sad times when you potentially leave for Villa, who really need your assistance. 

Haha, that would take a lot for me as I like Fulham and don't like Villa so hopefully they don't require me :P

8 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

Man, I do remember reading this challenge but ages ago. Nothing like it so it'll be fun to follow. And even more so to see you struggle big time and ultimately fail :D Goodluck!

Nah I won't struggle. As far as I'm aware that isn't part of my vocabulary :O

Haha, that would take a lot for me as I like Fulham and don't like Villa so hopefully they don't require me :P

Never liked Villa anyway, too boring and I prefer Wolves, Brum and West Brom for various reasons. 

Also this happened last time Fulham played in Europe:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/BPkQ6YdRCbQ

Edited by Seth Anacondas
42 minutes ago, samhardy said:

:O

Sadly I've already failed as I didn't sign an English striker in the window :/

No because the rule says "before the European campaign" so Rashford counts because he was signed before your campaign. (Plus I created the challenge so I choose the loopholes)

17 minutes ago, Real_Random said:

No because the rule says "before the European campaign" so Rashford counts because he was signed before your campaign. (Plus I created the challenge so I choose the loopholes)

What has Rashford got to do with this save? :P

54 minutes ago, samhardy said:

What has Rashford got to do with this save? :P

Wrong career sorry :D, Woodrow will work fine also, basically any English striker. But there's a great idea you should sign Rashford:P

Season Two

BadgeFulham.png

Another season and I will be sticking with Fulham for the duration of this season as it would be too risky to leave them with the risk of relegation still attached. In an ideal world I leave them with a hefty transfer budget and a club with considerable pulling power but it would have to be a brilliant season to achieve that.

Transfers

Spoiler

It was easy to get rid of players this window as lots of clubs were interested. The ones that went out of the door I either didn't have a place for or they wouldn't be a part of what hopefully is a big future for Fulham. The transfer budget wasn't massive but the players brought in all played their part whilst we currently have two 'potentially world class' members of our defence in Jones and Sessegnon.

Hjm1qDo.jpg

0zgSsn0l.jpg

FwlU3Y0l.jpg

eln47dtl.jpg

Season Review

Spoiler

LiBKAXml.jpg

An extremely bizarre season in which I was never sure what our actual aims were. A lack of consistency stopped us from launching any serious title charge; one week we were irresistible and the next struggling to break down poor sides. Ultimately though we qualified for the Champions League in two ways which is a positive and Woodrow managed enough European goals to ensure completion in the side challenge set by @Real_Random :P

8fqcoHil.jpg

AIfgOf6.jpg

CFpORJwl.jpg

Fixtures

RwiPpGwl.jpg

OmeszaJl.jpg

N7WKQc6l.jpg

Xz6ZGdkl.jpg

nO0Wmpsl.jpg

i4R0NIQl.jpg

8GzVr1Il.jpg

VbOKkdvl.jpg

The Squad

Spoiler

RaVfAj7l.jpg

Again there was a core starting XI in my mind but there was a lot of tiredness throughout the season meaning a lot of rotation. Thauvin and Bertelli joined in January but were key players during the second half of the season. A lot of unhappy players in the squad but it's a myth that it makes any difference tbh.

RFu93CJl.jpg

This season's top 4 scorers are exactly the same as last season. Forestieri got a long term injury early on in the season meaning Woodrow was the key man and he didn't disappoint.

qFcHTk3l.jpg

Another huge season from Johansen, what a player he has been so far!

Key players

FHNO9JMl.jpg

4uXPVMvl.jpg

BcGO4u4l.jpg

af7CcLkl.jpg

31jBpMYl.jpg

frSJqGtl.jpg

Tactics

Spoiler

AVnxKRhl.jpg

QpSkZZ9l.jpg

Not much to speak about in the tactics section this season. We used both of these last season and they were the only two we really used this time around. The bottom one was used a lot more often this season to accommodate all the best players in the squad.

The Premier League + Championship

Spoiler

G1Rh8EQ.jpg

Unfortunately Derby got relegated but still there's two more original PL teams out of the division!

ubcfr9nl.jpg

Sadly Stoke make an immediate return but no sign of Middlesbrough and Swansea anywhere near promotion. Overall a successful season in terms of the challenge but it hasn't properly started yet.

Manager Profile

Spoiler

GNQcxtAl.jpg

Original Premier League Teams

Spoiler

AFC Bournemouth

Arsenal

Burnley

Chelsea

Crystal Palace

Everton

Hull

Leicester

Liverpool

Manchester City

Manchester United

Middlesbrough

Southampton

Stoke

Sunderland

Swansea

Tottenham

Watford

West Brom

West Ham

Bold - Currently out of the Premier League

Original PL Teams remaining - 16

Edited by samhardy
1 hour ago, Granit Xhaxa said:

Nice going Sam and unlucky on Stoke rebounding straight back up.

P.S I see that you use two tactics, is there a drop in form when you switch between the two?

Not really, I started with the bottom one 9 times out of 10 and switched to the top one mid game sometimes. Only time the top one was used was against clearly weaker opponents :)

Damn...  This is my favorite career concept by a mile.  Was really looking forward to you working your magic to unseat the top teams.  Hope you get a chance and desire to restart it.