Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
marnixg

Managing Germany

Perhaps some of you already found out, but I never knew this. So perhaps it is of some use for you guys.

We all know it wasn't possible to manage Germany national team due licensing issues, but it's rather simple to do so. No need of hex-editing and with this method you have to select 19 to 23 players and are asked to confirm (like any other national team).

So here's what to do:

• start unemployed.
  • save file
  • open changes.txt (licence fix)
  • add line (example): "MANAGER" "Declan" "Barry" "" "" "" "" "" "" "Germany"
  • save changes.txt
  • reload save
  • now you're managing Germany!

And you can do the double job!

example:

"MANAGER" "Declan" "Barry" "" "" "" "" "" "" "Germany"

"MANAGER" "Declan" "Barry" "" "" "" "" "" "" "FC Bayern München"

And for something else fantastic!!!! If you put in San Marino.... you manage San Marino. The problem here is you don't have 19 players to choose, so this is definately a problem. But it works with Mexico, Romania, Greece and many others!

1 hour ago, Taff said:

When you say "open Changes.txt"

where would I find that?

Create one if you don't already have it. If you have downloaded the License fix one, edit it, it should be under com.sigames.fmm17>files

2 minutes ago, Daniel Chan said:

So I can just simply add the line anywhere in the changes.txt? Or do I have to find the line where it says manager

You have to add a new line.

Just now, Dec said:

You have to add a new line.

I mean do I need to scroll to the part where it says ##Germany or I can simply add the line anywhere in the txt file

Just now, Daniel Chan said:

I mean do I need to scroll to the part where it says ##Germany or I can simply add the line anywhere in the txt file

If you are using license fix it can be anywhere, I would recommend at the bottom though else when you use the club name it will have to be what is in th egame.

16 minutes ago, Fozz_Quaker said:

If you can do it for teams like San Marino, could players be created using the IGE?????

You could probably overwrite existing players yes. Good idea!

2 hours ago, Dec said:

You could probably overwrite existing players yes. Good idea!

@Dec How to do this???

Should I just overwrite some of the worst players in the game in each position and make them San Marinese, and will San Marinese players regen as my game goes forward???

In future I may try this with teams like Afghanistan and Mongolia, maybe even the mad North Koreans ?

Edited by Fozz_Quaker
28 minutes ago, Fozz_Quaker said:

@Dec How to do this???

Should I just overwrite some of the worst players in the game in each position and make them San Marinese, and will San Marinese players regen as my game goes forward???

In future I may try this with teams like Afghanistan and Mongolia, maybe even the mad North Koreans ?

Spot on but not sure about evogens

This opens up some cool challenges using this method to get into International management...

Off the top of my head, some of the worst International teams that present a tough challenge would be

In Europe...

• Kosovo
  • Faroe Islands
  • Liechtenstein
  • Gibraltar
  • Malta
  • Luxembourg

In Asia...

• Palestine
  • Syria
  • Mongolia
  • North Korea
  • Pakistan

In Africa...

• Somalia
  • Eritrea
  • Djibouti

Well done to @marnixg for sharing this ?

Edited by Fozz_Quaker

Started messing about with using this trick...

Gonna start with San Marino, rather than overwrite loads of players, I am going to to just change the nationalities of the lowest rated players in the game, play for a bit then decide if I want to create the Sammarinese team

Well somehow i cannot do it... :( when i tried to edit changes.txt on the phone, the changes did not apply and line i've just added is not there

Update: nevermind I did it :D thanks for the tipoff tho, kudos to that :)

Edited by Daniel Chan

Interesting. I wonder if this would work for CONCACAF nations, or if they're still not fully implemented. I won't be able to play my favourite MLS club, but managing the USMNT would be fun!

Edited by BleedsBlue

Since I updated to 8.2, I haven't been able to add myself to International Management.

Since I am working a my club save, I didn't have the choice to management at both Club and International Level as I want to to manage Northern Ireland...

The licence fix changes file works alright, but I cant get it for me to manage N.Ireland  ?