Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Challenges The Uk Challenge

BatiGoal

This is a challenge I originally created 2 years ago that hopefully receives more love today than it did back then. I have updated it and slightly increased its difficulty to make it a little more challenging and fun. Here's the renewed UK Challenge that has yet to be completed by anyone.

UK Challenge

It's a very simple challenge that takes you on a journey to all 4 countries in the UK with 1 main objective: Break the current top goal scorer's record in each country. In the original challenge you were allowed to travel to each country in any random order, however, in the updated version the challenge increases in difficulty as you progress but you are still allowed to play as many seasons per country as it takes to break the current top goal scorer's record. You must start at the country with the lowest goals record and move your way up to the highest goals record and break each record as you go. Once you break the record you may move on to the next stage of the challenge. While you're waiting to land a club in the next stage you're allowed to remain at your current club to improve your reputation and/or set an even higher record as many times as you want thus increasing your total score (combined highest records in all 4 stages). You may use any player you like and goals in all competitions (except ITN goals) count towards the total. If you manage to break the record (scoring more than the current total) in all 4 countries you will have scored at least a total of 173 goals in the UK and your name and total will be placed on the UK Challenge Leaderboard.

The UK Goal Records

m5MDGrb.png

The Challenge Rules

• Load the UK leagues - N.Ireland, Scotland, Wales, England - in any order.
  • Start your challenge in N.Ireland and follow the 'Records Table' as you go.
  • Once you break a record you may move on to the next stage of the challenge.
  • Play any stage as many times as you want until a club in the next country comes along.
  • At NO point in the challenge are you allowed to move back a stage to break a previous set record.
  • You may choose any top division team and pick any player/nationality you like, but MUST use a unique striker per stage.
  • Main strikers MUST be real players. The rest of the team/squad does not and may be fake players - regens/evogens.
  • Goals in all competitions count except ITN goals.
  • NO unlockables (unless earned during this challenge), and NO editors, reloading etc. allowed.
  • As surely most of us have a Coaching Badge by now you are allowed to start with one.
  • You must post a career with screenshots to be eligible for the leaderboard.

Leaderboard

1. 234 pts - Cockers2505 - Link

2. 212 pts - Taff - Link

3. 204 pts - AndersJ - Link

Edited by BatiGoal

Do lower divisions of countries count?

Also, do you have to go from NI to Scotland to Wales to England?

Edited by BantamHD
13 minutes ago, Eogtuc0910 said:

This seems tough especially getting from N. Ireland to Scotland with only 1 year and how could you get to england

The challenge resumes once you land a club, so you may take the time you need to find a suitable club.

7 minutes ago, BantamHD said:

Do lower divisions of countries count?

I'm sure I mentioned that in the OP but apparently not. :) Answer is no. Will edit, thanks.

16 minutes ago, BantamHD said:

Also, do you have to go from NI to Scotland to Wales to England?

Yes, start at the lowest record and end at the highest as shown in the Record Table.

2 minutes ago, AFC said:

This may be an unintelligent question but do we only count domestic goals or goals in all competitions?

Never mind I just re-read the rules and I was right, it was an unintelligent question haha.

This sounds incredibly difficult! I can see the Welsh record being the toughest, given that you'll have next to no budget wherever you go and they have a shortened league. Will you be attempting your own challenge @BatiGoal ?

added 0 minutes later

And, of course, Brexit will kick in after a couple of seasons!

1 hour ago, Mr.Manager said:

This sounds incredibly difficult! I can see the Welsh record being the toughest, given that you'll have next to no budget wherever you go and they have a shortened league. Will you be attempting your own challenge @BatiGoal ?

You think this is difficult? Wait till you see the Latin Challenge I'll be posting tonight :D

I will definitely try this one at some point, it's tough but that's my motivator. I hope there's a name on the leaderboard I can beat by the time I give it a go.

1 hour ago, Mr.Manager said:

And, of course, Brexit will kick in after a couple of seasons!

You can always use a player already at the club.

14 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

Wait till you see the Latin Challenge I'll be posting tonight :D

Haha intriguing!

OK, I'll give it a shot. I'm a little bit stuck in my current save anyway.

Whats the deal with coaching badges I take it there OK

Just checking as they weren't allowed in the CC

one last question 

If you have managed to score the required goals before the season ends can you look at moving clubs early i.e. you have scored the required 27 goals in Ireland come April and the job at Inverness is available could I apply or have to wait until the end of the season in Ireland 

I understand that the next club total don't start till the beginning of the new season but could you move early if the opportunity was there 

Edited by Taff
25 minutes ago, Taff said:

Whats the deal with coaching badges I take it there OK

Just checking as they weren't allowed in the CC

one last question 

If you have managed to score the required goals before the season ends can you look at moving clubs early i.e. you have scored the required 27 goals in Ireland come April and the job at Inverness is available could I apply or have to wait until the end of the season in Ireland 

I understand that the next club total don't start till the beginning of the new season but could you move early if the opportunity was there 

Yes, Coaching badges are OK. I take it most people here have obtained them already.

Moving early is not a problem as well. You may move as soon as you hit the required number. However, if you decide to stay on until the end of the season you give yourself extra games and goals to increase your total. Choices :)

Looking forward to your attempt.

Im going to give this a try but quite sure i will fail at wales if not earlier coz i have nvr played at wales before HAHAHHA but thx for posting this challenge again!

17 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

Yes, Coaching badges are OK. I take it most people here have obtained them already.

Moving early is not a problem as well. You may move as soon as you hit the required number. However, if you decide to stay on until the end of the season you give yourself extra games and goals to increase your total. Choices :)

Looking forward to your attempt.

Cheers for getting back to me dude, I see the dilemma that I could move early but might cost me extra goals but then getting the opportunity to move could become limited

Is the leader board based solely on goals scored?

or is there a bonus for finishing early (then i suppose you only have one season at each club so time isn't much of a factor) 

34 minutes ago, Taff said:

Is the leader board based solely on goals scored?

No bonuses or any other extra points, just the total combined goals in all 4 UK countries. It's great if you manage to top the leaderboard but I think anyone who completes the challenge (and automatically gets his name placed on the leaderboard) deserves a big applause ;)

@salohcin Welcome, and goodluck!

Edited by BatiGoal
1 minute ago, Thomaswg13 said:

Have started this challenge with Cliftonville in Ireland, all is going well so far.

1 question however, was it meant to be EME or OME?

I'm interested in seeing the difference the engine makes so I'll make an OME and EME leaderboard.

1 hour ago, Sousa_XI said:

Very interesting challenge 

Is there any deadline for it or just I can start whenever I can 

It's a regular challenge like any other. You can start anytime.

4 hours ago, salohcin said:

Im going to give this a try but quite sure i will fail at wales if not earlier coz i have nvr played at wales before HAHAHHA

I don't expect many people to succeed at their first attempt, me included. It's trickier than it looks but there's a few crucial points in the challenge, such as leaving the club as soon as the record is broken vs staying on to score a bigger total, that can make or break your journey.

4 hours ago, mcandrew003 said:

Should I resign as soon as the last game of the season ends?

Yes, it's 1 season per country only. Resign and find a club in the next country before the new season kicks off otherwise wait for the new calendar year to find a new club.

P.S. I updated/clarified this bit in the rules.

Edited by BatiGoal
1 minute ago, mcandrew003 said:

Is Getting a job in Scotland supposed to be this hard :D

PREACH 

Just realised I have to wait until the January if no job comes up by August so I'll be doing a lot more Holidaying