Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Challenges Premier League Second Chances Challenge

kts365

Introduction

The English premier league has been around for 25 years. In that time there have been a total of 47 teams which have competed within it.

These are those teams.

Spoiler

Arsenal, Aston villa, Barnsley, Birmingham city, Blackburn rovers, Blackpool, Bolton wanderers, Bournemouth, Bradford city, Burnley, Cardiff city, Charlton Athletic, Chelsea, Coventry city, crystal palace, Derby County, Everton, Fulham, Hull City, Ipswich Town, Leeds United, Leicester City, Liverpool, Manchester city, Manchester United, Middlesbrough, Newcastle United, Norwich City, Nottingham Forest, Oldham Athletic, Portsmouth, QPR, Reading, Sheffield United, Sheffield Wednesday, Southampton, Stoke City, Sunderland, Swansea City, Swindon Town, Spurs, Watford, West Brom, West Ham, Wigan Athletic, Wimbledon, Wolves.

Of these teams only 6 have won the league. Manchester United, Chelsea, Manchester City, Arsenal, Blackburn Rovers and Leicester City.

The Challenge

Currently there are 20 teams in the Premier league, the basic premise is to assure all 27 of the other former competitors have at least one more season in the Premier league. 

So the following clubs must be promoted into the Premier league at some point, whether under your management or not.

Spoiler

Aston villa, Barnsley, Birmingham city, Blackburn rovers, Blackpool, Bolton wanderers, Bradford city, Cardiff city, Charlton Athletic, Coventry city, Derby County, Fulham, Ipswich Town, Leeds United, Newcastle United, Norwich City, Nottingham Forest, Oldham Athletic, Portsmouth, QPR, Reading, Sheffield United, Sheffield Wednesday, Swindon Town, Wigan Athletic, Wimbledon, Wolves

You don't have to manage all of these teams, just make sure they get into the Premier league.

For the purposes of this challenge Wimbledon are replaced by either MK Dons or AFC Wimbledon.

Points Scoring

You get 2 points for every team you manage to get into the league, if you achieve all 27 you gain an extra point for each year less than 30 it has taken (e.g. all 27 teams in 25 years gets you 5 extra points).

Finally, you gain 5 bonus points for each of the 6 former winners if they win the premier league again during your career (only once each, a maximum of 30 points).

This will rely on both your own managerial skill and some luck too.

There will be a leaderboard if anybody takes up the challenge. It is of course a long challenge but hopefully it is worth it.

Rules

1. Proof will be needed via screenshots of the Premier league each year and the former league winners at the end of the career.
  2. No unlockables unless gained during the course of the career
  3. No use of any editors
  4. No cheating, that includes reloading.
Edited by kts365
52 minutes ago, Mr.Manager said:

Nice idea! It could be a long challenge but I can definitely see it being achievable.

Couldn't AFC Wimbledon be used as Wimbledon too?

I'll add that. Your choice.

@kts365 Is there any restriction on which clubs you can manage? I've just started a career based on this, but I've done something unusual - it doesn't conflict with anything *written* here, but may be against the spirit of the challenge...

Spoiler

Specifically, am I allowed to manage a club outside of England? 

2 hours ago, scratch99 said:

@kts365 Is there any restriction on which clubs you can manage? I've just started a career based on this, but I've done something unusual - it doesn't conflict with anything *written* here, but may be against the spirit of the challenge...

Reveal hidden contents

Specifically, am I allowed to manage a club outside of England? 

Can't see a problem with that.

Are you gifting the best players to second chance teams?

The spirit of the challenge is very much by any means necessary. I encourage "creativity" like Greg Davies on taskmaster.

10 hours ago, kts365 said:

Can't see a problem with that.

Are you gifting the best players to second chance teams?

The spirit of the challenge is very much by any means necessary. I encourage "creativity" like Greg Davies on taskmaster.

Thanks! I'll go ahead with it.

Actually it seems to be pretty hard to gift the players at the moment (none of the clubs want these stars in exchange), but I'm sitting on a huge pile of money that I can redistribute (just bought a Portsmouth player for £10M instead of £60K). And I'll try to take some of that money to my next club, which will be one of the second chance teams. Very interesting challenge with lots of possibilities!