Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help Squad Rotation

Pogba

I need a quick response to this I would like to know the best way to roatae ur team to keep everyone happy because I currently have a West Ham save into my second season I currently have 27 man squad not including persons I have loaned out and loaned in but with most of the first team players on form and fit I really want to know when to rotate the team because I have some good youngsters I really need to develop which includes first team football one of them being 18 yr old Martin Odegaard got him on a season Long loan with a buy out clause in his contract and I plan on utilizing that Clause near the end of the season. Thanks in advance 

I would keep an eye on your more injury prone players or players below say 80% fitness. If any players played below a 7 is when I tend to rotate most, but it is really dependant on who your playing and how strong your squad is

My squad is strong and has a lot of depth do you rotate them based on their average rating after a certain amount of matches for example after 5 matches if they have an under 7 average ratings you rotate them or do you do it after each match? 

I rotate constantly from game to game but keep my best side for the hardest games. My goalkeeper is a pretty constant in my team but it's important to keep all my squad happy and I have had only one player who kept moaning about not being in the team all the time so I sold him on. Plus young players need game time for their development.

@Pogba

A squad of 27 is quite large. It'll be hard to give everyone outside your 11 starters enough gametime. I prefer smaller squad of 18-22 players. I have 20 players in my current career. Downside is of course that when you're faced with injuries, suspensions and tiredness options decrease significantly. However, you can counter this by having a sub bench with versatile players which is exactly what I have. Big upside of smaller squads is that every player gets plenty of time on the pitch and youngsters especially develop fast and get the needed experience.

On matchday I play my best 11 unless any starter is below 90%. He won't feature at all in the match. During games I use 2-3 subs. First I look at tired players somewhere around the 1h mark otherwise I'll sub off anyone below a (green) 8 rating. Works perfectly for me. But again, you need to have alternative formations/tactics at hand with smaller squads.

23 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

@Pogba

A squad of 27 is quite large. It'll be hard to give everyone outside your 11 starters enough gametime. I prefer smaller squad of 18-22 players. I have 20 players in my current career. Downside is of course that when you're faced with injuries, suspensions and tiredness options decrease significantly. However, you can counter this by having a sub bench with versatile players which is exactly what I have. Big upside of smaller squads is that every player gets plenty of time on the pitch and youngsters especially develop fast and get the needed experience.

On matchday I play my best 11 unless any starter is below 90%. He won't feature at all in the match. During games I use 2-3 subs. First I look at tired players somewhere around the 1h mark otherwise I'll sub off anyone below a (green) 8 rating. Works perfectly for me. But again, you need to have alternative formations/tactics at hand with smaller squads.

I usually only have 2-3 players with a (green) 8 rating, I must be doing something wrong O_o

3 minutes ago, CmonJustTheTip said:

I usually only have 2-3 players with a (green) 8 rating, I must be doing something wrong O_o

Then there's a little room for improvement :)

Not all players score 8 up constantly of course but I generally see half the team with an 8. I sub off any of the other 'lower' numbers.

I usually sub off anyone tired or with a (red) 5 rating, that's pretty rare. I usually have 2-3 8+, 4-5 7, and the rest 6s. I don't really play with rich or big clubs either so the player quality isn't world class

33 minutes ago, CmonJustTheTip said:

I usually sub off anyone tired or with a (red) 5 rating, that's pretty rare. I usually have 2-3 8+, 4-5 7, and the rest 6s. I don't really play with rich or big clubs either so the player quality isn't world class

In that case you're doing well, mate.

Okay thanks for all the replies guys. @BatiGoal I have a 27 man squad because  there were some players I wanted to develop personally under my own wings rather than sending them out on loan but I will try my best to keep everyone happy because I have a very good squad and I do not want to lose any of them.

I always keep my squad around 23 players. If I have more, I just loan out some players that have no chance on playing regularly.
In the Prem you have lots of matches on tuesdays and wednesdays. I usually take those matches to rotate a bit ( only if the opponent isn't a top tier team )

I tend to rotate my squad when there is a big match coming after a much easier league/domestic cup match ( i.e. a UCL group stage/knockout round/quarters/semis/finals or a hard league match ) , usually check the fixture table on the club screen....that way i can rest my best players for the upcoming match while playing players that i rarely use, giving them game time

2 hours ago, W4RLOCK said:

I tend to rotate my squad when there is a big match coming after a much easier league/domestic cup match ( i.e. a UCL group stage/knockout round/quarters/semis/finals or a hard league match ) , usually check the fixture table on the club screen....that way i can rest my best players for the upcoming match while playing players that i rarely use, giving them game time

Sometimes you even get a message from your assistant manager telling you to consider resting someone because he has played too much games recently

1 hour ago, Dar J said:

Sometimes you even get a message from your assistant manager telling you to consider resting someone because he has played too much games recently

Really?  That's awesome.  I haven't seen this one myself yet.  Hopefully SI introduce more helpful messages like that from your assistant in future versions.