Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help Fans Unhappy At Promotion Of Youth Players

I know that people have mentioned it before, but Is it always a bug? 

Are there some clubs at which  the board and fans look for instant success rather than look toward the long term? 

At Dortmund, I promoted two players, one tipped as a future first team regular, and the other was said to be potentially world class. The fans were disappointed, and only wanted signings with experience. 

You're the manager so just prove them wrong. I love nothing more than when a young player who you have nurtured turns into a first team player or even a superstar.

as soon as the youth players play well fans will start realizing how good your decision was, make sure to give the youngsters your full support 

@SaintPaul

I get the same message every season too and it's a little annoying tbh. I deal with the yearly promotion of youth players but still I get a few 'unknowns' thrown into my team without my approval and get the blame for it everytime. The board should of course never speak on matters that weren't yours to deal with in the first place. Ignore the board :)

Agree you should just ignore this. But in real life fans are normally happy to see youth players coming through, so I think SI need to tweak this...

That's a fine youth player. I wish I would get some decent youth players. I have excellent facilities, but only players who would not be in serious contention for a first team place...