Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Taff Attempts The Uk Challenge Ver 2.0

Taff

5 hours ago, Taff said:

@BatiGoal is going to be so disappointed if I have to start over after getting so close

Mate, couldn't be prouder. You hung in there and kept going at it and fighting off the endless opposition and curveballs this- at times- terribly cruel game threw at you and you're *still* standing! 

Challenges aren't all just about winning and getting your name on the leaderboard, hope you realize that now. Besides, I didn't hear no bell yet.. ;)

5 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

Mate, couldn't be prouder. You hung in there and kept going at it and fighting off the endless opposition and curveballs this- at times- terribly cruel game threw at you and you're *still* standing! 

Challenges aren't all just about winning and getting your name on the leaderboard, hope you realize that now. Besides, I didn't hear no bell yet.. ;)

"ADRIAN!!!!!"

That's a real bummer mate :(. Always found it stupid how your reputation nose dives :(. Look at like Alan Curb's who's still linked to jobs now ans then and not managed in how long. 

Best option I guess is to try and get back to Scotland and build your rep back up to get to the Prem, won't be easy though as on a time limit. 

2 hours ago, Ashez said:

That's a real bummer mate :(. Always found it stupid how your reputation nose dives :(. Look at like Alan Curb's who's still linked to jobs now ans then and not managed in how long. 

Best option I guess is to try and get back to Scotland and build your rep back up to get to the Prem, won't be easy though as on a time limit. 

It sucks big time, going from 11th best in the world after one season in 5 seasons in Ireland, 2 in Scotland and 1 in Wales to all of a sudden be back down to regional it's frustrating as hell

I thought about going back to Scotland but not sure it's within the rules to return to a league you've already played in

Honestly though I don't mind too much if I need to start over, but will give it another season or so see how I get on

2 hours ago, AndersJ said:

Mate what year are you in? Im in 2031 but my problem is the players are almost only regens now or 32+

Not 100% sure but must be like 2025/2026 by now I think so time isn't a huge issue, but If I can't get my rep up I'll have no choice but to start over

7 minutes ago, AndersJ said:

@BatiGoal its okay to go back to Scotland is it not ? 

But if you start over remember the part with loading England FIRST :)!

Oh that will be the first thing I do mate trust me

21 minutes ago, AndersJ said:

@BatiGoal its okay to go back to Scotland is it not ?

Yes, you can go back but you can't break any records from a previous stage as they must be broken in order.

9 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Whoops should check the rules before I make suggestions :P 

Well if I can go back to Scotland that might work, like Bati said I just can't break the record (which might work in my favour as I can focus on getting the team working rather than an individual)

10 minutes ago, Taff said:

Well if I can go back to Scotland that might work, like Bati said I just can't break the record (which might work in my favour as I can focus on getting the team working rather than an individual)

Yup you can work on your rep but not break previous records otherwise everyone would break them at random.

I dunno if this was in place before my comment or not but either way I think it's a logical decision :). Sometimes we just have to work around the oddities and annoyances of the game. 

35 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

Yup you can work on your rep but not break previous records otherwise everyone would break them at random.

No worries if I manage to get back into Scotland then nothing I do there will contribute to the record

34 minutes ago, Ashez said:

I dunno if this was in place before my comment or not but either way I think it's a logical decision :). Sometimes we just have to work around the oddities and annoyances of the game. 

I hope so be a shame to start again, but it's a great challenge and I wouldn't be too heart broken to start again

1 hour ago, Ashez said:

Ashez was it not about time for YOU to join in a do the challenge ;)? or did you already do it ;)?

Ok guys I hate to say it but I have to start over. 

Just completed another season winning the league, and both domestic cups and getting the team to the Euro Cup group stage

IMG_1388.thumb.PNG.23ab04410d577d09242a00e709fe9838.PNG

My rep took such a nose dive after moving to Wales that I'm unable to land any jobs (even Scottish ones)

I took Nigeria to the World Cup final

IMG_1385.thumb.PNG.bc8e52eeab7ec0944ce705ebdfd7669f.PNGIMG_1386.thumb.PNG.07cb2ee70f397d853b8028eca3b59fc4.PNGIMG_1389.thumb.PNG.32811253b6fa42ecbe9111ff93a0fbdc.PNGIMG_1390.thumb.PNG.c8faf3faabcea2043cccc4cd97a64365.PNGIMG_1391.thumb.PNG.529f45b9eabb8fb8baaafe56580abf90.PNGIMG_1392.thumb.PNG.6e90bc0baf9bb60278fcae979b937ef6.PNGIMG_1393.thumb.PNG.aa74162db7f0b5a4282c8c2240f33c84.PNG

But Evan after getting them to 5th in the world 

IMG_1394.thumb.PNG.0f912e04f03a601211d3290ef03ad8a8.PNG

my rep is still shocking (as @Ashez has said the rep system is so flawed)

note I resigned my job at Cardiff before the W/C

IMG_1395.thumb.PNG.346c265eddbce1a201738421b478cd93.PNG

So im going to leave it here and start a fresh save (with England as the prime league) 

sorry to everyone who followed me but I will be back with V3.0 very soon, and also having a bash at the Germanic version too

I enjoyed the journey regardless @Taff and others, me included, learn from your failures so big thanks for failing again :P:D looking forward to the next one.

Nothing I hate more than limitations with the game ruining careers, been there myself and it's always a real blow. Brush yourself down and smash it mate! 

Mate thats though man, but i know you well enough now to be sure of one thing, that is that you are going to strike back ⚽️