Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help How Does Managerial Reputation Work?

I've played the game since 2012, but have never been able to work it out 

Unless you're winning trophies, or consistently qualifying for European football, it seems awfully difficult to gain a solid reputation. We're given targets by the board, so, say, for instance I'm at a club where avoiding relegation is the main priority, and the team finishes mid table in successive seasons, shouldn't that be reflected in reputation? 

In reality, two or three mid table finishes at clubs like Mainz, Guingamp, Atalanta, etc would see the manager linked with bigger clubs, but in game the reputation is regional, at best. 

Can't believe this is 6 years old or that I remembered it, sometimes worries me how much I remember lol. Anyway this should give you some idea on how it works but as its old it could have changed slightly. 

So I'm assuming the "reputation title" is tied to a points total, hit that points total and your rep will improve. 

Something I've noticed is that reputation gains have something of a hidden multiplier based on the rep of the club you pick.

Based on my recently closed Birmingham career(started with local rep,ended 2nd in the HoF rankings after 3 years),you seem to gain rep faster if you accomplish things at relatively smaller clubs, you exceed the agreed-upon objectives for the season's finish and if you go deep in competitions relative to your entry point.

Here's my trophy case and league finishes:

Year 1: 2nd in Championship,Won EFL Cup,FA Cup Round of 16

Year 2: 5th in Premiership,retained EFL Cup,FA Cup Round of 16,Europa League runners-up

Year 3: 6th in Premiership,retained EFL Cup again,won FA Cup,won Europa League