Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Why Isn't There A 'club In Crisis' Scenario?

As you know, with the Sugar Daddy option, we get a message saying that investors want to put funds into the club 

Wouldn't it be interesting, if during a season, we got a message saying something like 'due to poor financial control at boardroom level, the club is facing administration' 

From there, any player could be sold, without our consent. I think it'd just add a touch of freshness into a career, and would reflect real life for certain clubs 

I've no idea how easy /difficult something like that would be to add to the game though 

I've tried the challenges, but it's not really as satisfying, as it's not a squad that I built. 

In theory it would be interesting but imagine if something like that just destroyed your save. 

I think best you could do with ideas like that are the in game challenges. 

Edited by Ashez

Legal reasons I believe as it may lead to clubs complaining if they are no longer in the game or portrayed negatively. Same reason why players don't get into trouble for violence, gambling etc..

3 hours ago, Dec said:

Legal reasons I believe as it may lead to clubs complaining if they are no longer in the game or portrayed negatively. Same reason why players don't get into trouble for violence, gambling etc..

I hadn't thought about it from the club's point of view, although, I could see players being touchy about how they're portrayed, I asked Miles on Twitter if players ever complain about their stats and his reply was "every year". That kind of makes sense, as a lot players are said to be very opinionated when it comes to their ratings in newspapers 

I got the idea from the message that directors are deserting newly relegated clubs, due to financial issues....... then nothing ever happens. 

A lot of my saves are in Scotland, where finances aren't at all good, but in game, when clubs go bankrupt, they run as normal, some quite successfully. 

6 hours ago, Ashez said:

In theory it would be interesting but imagine if something like that just destroyed your save. 

I think best you could do with ideas like that are the in game challenges. 

You're probably right, I was just looking at it from a real life situation, but it might get pretty off putting quickly if it would mean no new players could be signed and you're left working with reserves and youth players for long periods in game 

It does happen - rarely and not as dramatically as that, but the chairman comes in with a message that the club is bankrupt and you can't refuse any fair offers for players.