Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic Favorite French Club?

Kumail

Hello!

I am a huge fan of the french leagues, I watch Ligue 1, and Ligue 2, sometimes I watch a little National!

I would really like to know everyone's favorite french team in general, or to manage.

:D

17 minutes ago, Mikee1984 said:

As Monaco are amazing love there style of play.

Yeah they play great and are going to most likely win ligue 1

1 hour ago, Mikee1984 said:

Let's hope so, about time someone ended psgs dominance, who is your favourite French team then?

Paris , I was born there. I hope they don't end our Dominance ?

LOSC. I started following them after a save in FM09 - I think I'd read about a new hot prospect called Eden Hazard in World Soccer magazine. They've been my second club ever since.

Allez Les Dogues!

1 minute ago, Dec said:

I understand that but judging by the comments a lot aren't really talking about FMM.

Ok if you'd like you can move it , I did not know there was an off topic section as I would've put it there

Marseille.

Took them to 3 successive first place finishes and was unbeaten up until the final day of the season in the third season in my time with them on FMM2016. Went on to win the Championship league in that season and just had tremendous success with a really unusual formation. Probably my favourite ever job in Football Manager. They have some good players at the start of the game too like Doria and Rekik at center back. Obviously they have Payet now too. But there's also plenty of dead wood so there is definitely a project there. They also have a huge fan base, a huge stadium and plenty of history.

If you want perhaps more instant and 'easy' success though OL is a good club to manage, because they seem to have every good young player in France :) So I would say they a better equipped initially than most teams, obviously with the exception of teams like PSG and Monaco.

The beauty of the French leagues in FM is that you can basically be better than anyone in the division other than PSG, so you have a good chance of finishing up the table whoever you manage. Shame it's not so rewarding in real life, where it has accumulated a bit of a reputation of being a bit stagnated and boring compared to other major leagues.

Personally, I've never managed in the French leagues before (I tried with Paris FC but I got bored).

I've always like Monaco. Love their kit as well.

Lille are another club I like. One of my favourite Newcastle players of all time (Yohan Cabaye) played for Lille

18 hours ago, Fish18ish said:

Marseille.

Took them to 3 successive first place finishes and was unbeaten up until the final day of the season in the third season in my time with them on FMM2016. Went on to win the Championship league in that season and just had tremendous success with a really unusual formation. Probably my favourite ever job in Football Manager. They have some good players at the start of the game too like Doria and Rekik at center back. Obviously they have Payet now too. But there's also plenty of dead wood so there is definitely a project there. They also have a huge fan base, a huge stadium and plenty of history.

If you want perhaps more instant and 'easy' success though OL is a good club to manage, because they seem to have every good young player in France :) So I would say they a better equipped initially than most teams, obviously with the exception of teams like PSG and Monaco.

The beauty of the French leagues in FM is that you can basically be better than anyone in the division other than PSG, so you have a good chance of finishing up the table whoever you manage. Shame it's not so rewarding in real life, where it has accumulated a bit of a reputation of being a bit stagnated and boring compared to other major leagues.

Wow!