Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
enggarenk

FMM 17 Data Is Too Big For You? How To Reduce It?

Many FMM Players around me are grumbling about big data increase after update. I have install FMM latest version without any Players graphics installed even from game or vibe, only standard logos megapacks from vibe installed and got a bit over 1 GB data used at my storage. 

before.thumb.PNG.860e562021e2b3a81fc1245fecabf170.PNG

When we install for the first time or when there an UI or databases update or tweaked, sometimes we need to download new data directly from SI's server it will called retina.zip , then the game will unzipping it automatically, but the zip folder will remain at ur storage

retina.thumb.PNG.9711f14c12b62b75152efed0deb61a60.PNG

58c93f1c67924_retinaprop.PNG.a47a0e381b979273daa35cf4b37ae870.PNG

and when there is a new database update or tweaked, the old still remain there too. Will be on folder called archive at database folder.

archive.thumb.PNG.89c673bb8eb429d5aeee666ce0d1a52f.PNG

58c93f1b04331_archiveprop.PNG.1ef682858be20239e55fcc5ae2fafdee.PNG

I think those files are not used by game (Please Correct me if i wrong). Archive folder are used for older database. So for saving our storage we just need to dump those files (or back up it to PC if needed later).

Cautions:

Thanks for @Dec

13 hours ago, Dec said:

The archive folder is for the older database, so if you start with the November database in preferences it will crash.

Thans for @Alari

2 hours ago, Alari said:

Also, if you delete archive database folder, old saves from before the update will not work correctly.

so if u remove archive folder, can make the game crashed when u load a save or start a new game with november database.

november.thumb.PNG.accfd4874a5266d66d095bfac6ca60a1.PNG

And, by dumping those, we will save our storage about 500 MB, isn't so big but for some handheld that has limited storage surely it will help.

after.thumb.PNG.f7be039d7d63708d2ace28459dc99db1.PNG

So there is a trick from me, to save our storage. Thanks for reading.

3 minutes ago, Dar J said:

Good tip if it won't result to problems when you advance in the game

I try for starting a new game, checking UI, and simulating 6 months with no problem seen

13 minutes ago, Dec said:

The archive folder is for the older database, so if you start with the November database in preferences it will crash.

thanks dec, added cautions

8 hours ago, Pogba said:

Is February the new winter update 

yes, it is

2 hours ago, Alari said:

Also, if you delete archive database folder, old saves from before the update will not work correctly.

thanks @Alari, added in cautions