Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat What's your best transfer deal?

Since the latest update, I've managed to pull off this amazing sale to China, and then the subsequent buy back. What's the best bit of business you've ever done? 

IMG_4819.PNG

I managed to sign Kagawa for £2.8 million (after a long term injury) when I was managing Spurs 

He was immense for 18 months, then injuries took a toll, and I ended up letting him go on a free after two seasons of struggling 

This is from my 1KC career. Sorry about the screenshots being for all transfers instead of that player's history, but that's all I've got now.

First we signed Magalhaes on a free transfer:

armstrong-season16-21.png.21d2704974872a

Then a month or so later we sold him for £119M:

armstrong-season16-22.png.87b265b1ddd0fd

Just now, Taff said:

£119M profit, well played sir

Thanks! Although in hindsight, I'd have to say that actually wasn't my "best transfer deal". My best would have to be picking up Adam Armstrong for £1.8M and having him to go on and score more than 1000 goals for the club! :)

3 minutes ago, scratch99 said:

Thanks! Although in hindsight, I'd have to say that actually wasn't my "best transfer deal". My best would have to be picking up Adam Armstrong for £1.8M and having him to go on and score more than 1000 goals for the club! :)

Careful you might pull a muscle in your arm if you pat yourself on the back too much :P

1 minute ago, Taff said:

Careful you might pull a muscle in your arm if you pat yourself on the back too much :P

Well I've got to make the most out of that success, because it's my only success on here! Let's hope I succeed with something else, or I'll become like England and 1966 ;) 

1 minute ago, scratch99 said:

Well I've got to make the most out of that success, because it's my only success on here! Let's hope I succeed with something else, or I'll become like England and 1966 ;) 

Yeah I'm not looking forward to hearing how you got Armstong to 1000+ goals for the next 50 years

1 minute ago, Taff said:

Yeah I'm not looking forward to hearing how you got Armstong to 1000+ goals for the next 50 years

Well, lets hope I can get Vardy over the line and avert that disaster right now! :)

Actually on a serious note, I have noticed that I type "in my 1KC career" an awful lot! I guess a lot happened in that career, but I need to get some new experiences fast! 

It's understandable as you invested so much into that career, I was the same last year when I completed a 1K with Barbosa it takes so much time and effort but when he hits that magical 1000 goal it's all worth it

but that is one of the amazing things about this Vibe community there is so much encouragement and ideas that getting something new going is easy as pie

I've got so many good deals over the years. Mostly bosmans that stand out the most.

Lukebadio

He just popped up in the scout report, so just picked him up, cause why not? Then noticed his value was 40+m and just sold him. Sure I "lost out" on 101m, but I suspect that was less that Lukebadio was good and more than Chelsea were stupid.

Screenshot_2017-03-20-17-37-35.png

Next is the season of frees 

I sold Alan Gomez and Berardi because they were over valued and replaceable. Lucas I sold because he was our clubs top earner because he refused to come unless I paid him like 130k per week, but I couldn't turn down the low 23m price tag. Mostly cleared for the costly wages.

I brought in 3 free players. Gomez was easily replaced internally. Sabitzer to replace Barardi. Vestergaard and Nastasic for Lucas. Won every single trophy for the firs time that season.

IMG_20170320_173347.jpg

IMG_20170320_173352.jpg

I think Berardi is most profit for a bosman. Though I think selling Tah for 148m was the greatest profit margin of all.

Screenshot_2017-03-20-17-35-28.png

Also

This season would also be Leon Bailey for me. I mean, I had higher fees coming in, but this transfer came at the exact right time to turn my team into the biggest in Belgium. I got him for a fee less than 1 million (pre update, mind) from Genk. Sold him to Benfica for 20 mil. Then afterwards I received 8 million from his sell-on. Fun fact: I replaced Bailey with a player who cost me 75K and he was at least as good and prolific; helped me grab my first title. So yeah, Bailey's transfer was the best for me :D

Wow, there are some awesome replies on here! There's always a great satisfaction in selling someone on for a huge profit and replacing them with an unknown who turns out to be just as good. Or in my case signing them back a year later for 20% of the price ? I don't know how you've all managed to get all these fantastic bosmans though, it never happens for me! ?

5 minutes ago, danieljp said:

Wow, there are some awesome replies on here! There's always a great satisfaction in selling someone on for a huge profit and replacing them with an unknown who turns out to be just as good. Or in my case signing them back a year later for 20% of the price ? I don't know how you've all managed to get all these fantastic bosmans though, it never happens for me! ?

Not sure if you're aware of this, but the bosman rule (greatest thing ever invented by a Belgian, btw) in England is stupid. There you have to wait until the last month of their contract to approach them, but everywhere else you can approach them at the beginning of January. Also when you're in England and want to get in say a Frenchie. Ironically, if you're in, e.g., Italy, you can sign English players in January as well.

12 minutes ago, danieljp said:

It's simple. Don't spend all your transfer money and on January 1st adjust your budget and transfer your spare transfer money into wages pushing your maximum wage up. Then go to player search and put in contract "expiring" and hey presto all the bosmans appear. Then again you might already be a doing this but usually there are loads to be found.

13 minutes ago, slambo said:

It's simple. Don't spend all your transfer money and on January 1st adjust your budget and transfer your spare transfer money into wages pushing your maximum wage up. Then go to player search and put in contract "expiring" and hey presto all the bosmans appear. Then again you might already be a doing this but usually there are loads to be found.

Thanks mate, I do definitely do that already but there's never any big names for me, at least not until they are old and past it ? Luck of the draw I guess! 

25 minutes ago, danieljp said:

Thanks mate, I do definitely do that already but there's never any big names for me, at least not until they are old and past it ? Luck of the draw I guess! 

Definitely luck of the draw to an extent. I was very close with signing David De Gea and Neymar on bosman too, with both signing contracts a week before I could approach them. Neymar I wasn't as mad because I expected him to. But DDG fell out with Mourinho and he let his contract run till almost 1 month left (I was Liverpool, so yeah 1 month cause I'm an English club), but decided to renew contract anyways, much to my annoyance. He then never played at all for Man U anyways and eventually moved to Milan for 14.5m.

But there are definitely players that I always see run their contracts down. Every end December set your search setting to expiring contracts, then arrange by value then look for slightly-past-it world class players with 15+m value or arrange by age then look for players not so world class but in their prime (for squad depth). Usually you can pick up players from big clubs just short of continental giants like I did with Berardi from Napoli or from a poorer league like I did with all those players from German clubs (the German league had a fall from grace of sorts in my Liverpool save in particular).

3 hours ago, Meow said:

Lukebadio

He just popped up in the scout report, so just picked him up, cause why not? Then noticed his value was 40+m and just sold him. Sure I "lost out" on 101m, but I suspect that was less that Lukebadio was good and more than Chelsea were stupid.

Screenshot_2017-03-20-17-37-35.png

Great profit mate - for someone with such high transfer fees, his average rating is shocking.