Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career mcandrew003 Presents The Journey, An FMM Story

Another solid season. Finishing in a European spot is not always what clubs demand but I think once those are up for grabs we as FMM managers always secretly hope to at least finish in one of those. I believe you achieved a slightly better goal difference + you're a wanted man so in all great campaign.

3 hours ago, mcandrew003 said:

Thanks for reading guys! I actually enjoyed writing this one more than usual, so please leave some comments/feedback! Feel free to leave your thoughts on the season, and the new updates style, as I don't know wether to keep it like that without your opinions! 

What I always do is a combination of both what I believe the readers want and what I personally like. I've done updates of an hour to 90min and as much as that's enjoyable to the readers and lurkers alike, it's just too draining for the writer. Careers become boring as the updates turn into a drag, so My Golden Rule is career updates should take no more than 30min. (excl. screenshots sorting which takes me approx. 10min.) I'll pump as much relevant info into those 30min as possible that way I get to enjoy playing as well as writing career updates. ;)

Cheers mate! Europe was a good thing for the club, and attracted intrest thankfully! Next season will be big, I've already raised 5 million in squad sales so an overhaul is inbound.

I like to try to incoperate the things you have said, making it enjoyable for both parties, so with this I thought it flowed better instead of a load of spoilers with bit S of info in. I usually take around 30 minutes to 90 minutes to write an update, this one took about 30 minutes. I'm enjoying the career a bit more now that everything is sorted with things like the Board thing, aswell as other stuff, so updates should flow smoother than ever in theory.

Thanks for the comment mate, appreciate it! @BatiGoal

Great finish to the season pal! 

Completely agree with the ol' wise one @BatiGoal, as much as the community make it enjoyable, you also don't want updating to feel like a chore! Do what makes you happy and in the style you would like to see, you can't lose then, KIU ??

Cheers mate, appreciate the support! @Brenty92

I think what you guys have said is right, as long as I enjoy updating it's fine! I enjoyed this one, let's see how next year feels with this style aswell! 

Great job mate. Can't wait to see where you get them to next year (and what reward you'll get from that chairman of yours if you win something!). Enjoyed the update style - it flowed well and the story telling is superb. :)

Thanks mate, only expected a mid table finish this year, but I'm confident of challenging for the title! I'm glad people like the story element, it's the thing that gives it a unique difference I think.

Cheers mate! @scratch99

On 4/13/2017 at 11:20, BatiGoal said:

My Golden Rule is career updates should take no more than 30min. (excl. screenshots sorting which takes me approx. 10min.) I'll pump as much relevant info into those 30min as possible that way I get to enjoy playing as well as writing career updates. ;)

Usually takes me 1.5-2 hours to do mine... :O:(:'(

7 hours ago, mcandrew003 said:

Thanks mate, only expected a mid table finish this year, but I'm confident of challenging for the title! 

Your defense is top notch!  Just need to find another 10-15 goals and you'll be a contender.

Update 6? 

Hello. Bonjour. Ola. Welcome to our 6th Update of The Journey! Just want to say that I'm still enjoying playing this save as much as ever, so let's delve right into the deep end, shall we?

I was sitting in my office, like I do every day. But something didn't feel, right. I suddenly realised something. I need to get home one day. All of this management stuff has made me lose sight of everything. I mean, of course I still want to manage, it's my dream job. But maybe, just maybe, there is a way to get closer to home....

So, after achieving a European league place last season, we had a lot of chopping and changing to do in terms of the squad. Below are the outs for the season, and there are so many :D

IMG_6074.thumb.PNG.298187a231a98e012b88c513ac236575.PNG

IMG_6075.thumb.PNG.778525e35c52339cc5693a17ad040f12.PNGIMG_6076.thumb.PNG.1780f3e9820fe25e0fa26f514325a5d4.PNG

Whoa! We raise 8 Million in squad sales, which is massive for the club. A few of those players could have stayed, but I wanted a TOTAL revamp.

Ins

IMG_6072.thumb.PNG.eeb712920be84573302e8626c898f36a.PNGIMG_6073.thumb.PNG.a6651c5439cb980ce983652179c51b99.PNG

Yes, you read that right. KENEDY! The Chelsea winger wanted a change of scenery, and agreed a contract at the start of the year. We also snatch up Leali from Juve in a free.

He walked in, looking nervous. As his eyes met me, we shook hands and sat at the table. His agent was with him, but I wasn't interested by him, only the man in front of me, Kenedy. "Listen son, you can drive this club to new heights, and play as much European football as Chelsea, or anybody else your discussing with. After a few minutes of chatter with his agent, he turned to me with a smile on his face. "I'm ready for the challenge, boss." I smiled, we shook hands, and departed a few moments later, and the negotiations began the next day.

Staff

I felt like a new approach was needed to training our players this season, so we brought in a few new faces...

IMG_6063.thumb.PNG.66423de72c2ffbb40022587e3effa3ec.PNG

Welcome to Murat, Maarten and Philippe!

Europa League

After our European Qualification, I was excited to see how my team would fare in the tough group we were drawn in. It was a rollercoaster ride, and this is how it ended...

IMG_6053.thumb.PNG.a550288262bc88e55616b2b43c35faf5.PNG

Boom! We top the group, with Lazio close behind us. The 2 we lost were to BATE and Lazio, but I wasn't too bothered, as we had pretty much qualified at that point. 

So onto the next round we go! After a nervous few minutes of waiting, I discovered we would play..... Club Brugge! Easy right?

IMG_6055.thumb.PNG.6dbe99de219e32919ca7c2db7770d267.PNG

The players walked in with their heads down. Beaten in the last 5 minutes by a mix of poor defending and luck. "You deserve to be out their, celebrating your win tonight with those loyal fans who pay EVERY week to see YOU put in dreadful performances like THIS! We weren't worse than them tonight. They had luck. But you all need to realise, luck isn't always on your side." And with that, I left the room, and went straight past the media into the club bar.

So defeat at the hands of Brugge meant we had only 2 competitions left to win, and one of them was the Turkish Cup. This is how we fared in the group....

IMG_6082.thumb.PNG.6998effcd03734817186900f34081f0c.PNG

Easily got through, not even a loss.

We won 2-1 in the Fourth Round before facing a certain giant of Turkish football in the quarter finals

Spoiler

IMG_6080.thumb.PNG.2da90d52934d5e50a76f879add2af669.PNG

We came down against a relatively poor Besiktas side, and I was fuming!

The League Campaign

After a 4th placed finish, you would have thought we'd have advanced in the world of football, maybe even a title win?

IMG_6081.thumb.PNG.3222caf80c7c621840f989e7a0053018.PNG

Not....quite. Another 4th place finish isn't something to be ashamed of, but it's annoying when you consider up until pretty much Christmas, we were top of the league. Our form hit a massive bump midway through, causing us to drop about 4 places.

Here are the fixtures for the season..,

Spoiler

IMG_6064.thumb.PNG.e1e836630b36e5b0df5cef0904295cd4.PNGIMG_6065.thumb.PNG.96852dd29b0ad4369be44a4cf9dd8562.PNG

IMG_6066.thumb.PNG.43e776ee3a08312aba56456f98c9d41b.PNGIMG_6067.thumb.PNG.5282f4eac7156303b86d1ff46136c66b.PNGIMG_6068.thumb.PNG.157b76176fa45faba4fb3c39a3c90993.PNG

Player Stats

This is the part where we see if all the money I spent was worth it! A lot of players played very well this year, but a few didn't. Let's see, shall we?

Goals

IMG_6060.thumb.PNG.72b0480e770b766fd47f74dc8cc8bee3.PNG

Main man Sergi leads with 28, whilst our other striker Mhadebi gets a cool 24. A few other players got a good total, with Basit and Antunes scoring for fun from different parts of midfield.

Assists

IMG_6061.thumb.PNG.eb61bf1a94e069f2010e0a57e6675af2.PNG

Basit and Antunes, again? Yep, these 2 were instrumental in our season, and are 2 of our best players.

Average Rating

N/A (No screenshot!)

Appearances

IMG_6059.thumb.PNG.80b1545337afabe31f92a0e200ebbe49.PNG

GK Leali was key to our team this year, present for most games in the net.

Manager Profile

After an average season, what do MY stats and figures look like?

IMG_6069.thumb.PNG.719ba4b9309e9901d764a8261a662b7a.PNG

Firstly, look at that profit! I'm happy with my stats, and believe I could land a top level job in England if I win something soon! 

Club Development

In the spoiler are a few screenshots that show how the club is doing, and how it is moving forward

Spoiler

IMG_6071.thumb.PNG.b8d3e878f3dc24358d8a32621fe9559b.PNG

Very secure, can muster a budget of 8 million if needed

IMG_6077.thumb.PNG.c96a1cbccf188b43f74b716f2aa0526e.PNG

The future. These prospects are out developing, but could be in the first team next year!IMG_6079.thumb.PNG.8ead2a1ef7be6522007b0ed914d130b4.PNG

The clubs rise under my management 

I was sitting in the analysis section room when the chairman walked in, in his grey suit, holding a piece of paper. "Ethan, you have taken this club to new highs, and I think it's only right that we give you this as a thank you." He handed me the paper, and it was the signatures of every single fan from the last home game, printed into a collage sort of thing. I smiled and placed it on my desk, before getting back to work.

Club awards

IMG_6056.thumb.PNG.731dda3916e8186db5d1a49b5b6ff012.PNGIMG_6057.thumb.PNG.184696a9a53c2d5bcdfab800aaa0050b.PNGIMG_6058.thumb.PNG.e70317db4bbc159efae3b0b1ad1c346b.PNG

Great to see our lads nominated for everything! Still dissapointed not to win MOTY, but it will come!

To finish....

The club is rich. The club can do anything it wants with the money it has. I kept telling myself this as I mustered up the courage to walk to the door of the Chairman. I walked in, and he greeted me with a glass of beer. "Listen" I started. "I think we need to improve either the training or youth facilities, it will help the club progress" he looked at me with something in his eyes. Was it anger? Hatred? "Well....."

Cliffhanger! Sorry about that, got to have it in there somewhere!

Thanks for reading guys, comments are greatly appreciated, and I want to know your thoughts on everything! Also, a dilemma has occured...

Should I..

A. Stay at Baliesirspor

B. Stay in Turkey, but join a different club

C. Move to Poland

Please vote below, and leave your thoughts on the season! For now, I'm off to score 30 goals with a winger playing as a striker. Cheers!

Obviously it's your decision but I must say I'd love to see 1 more year out of them, a Turkish super league trophy is imminent (also your rep is still only regional, no English team would take you unfortunately) ! Great going mate, really enjoying this so far! KIU ??

Cheers mate

Well, originally we planned to do a second one, but he hasn't replied to a PM since April 1st, so I guess it's off, but I really want to do one in the future, and I've  got ideas for one in the near/far future. 

@Brenty92

Nice season except for that bad run. Ouch! But I like that the game throws that at you sometimes (that's realistic). It's still a great season for the club and you're really building something there. Would love to see how it pans out next year - but... if the chairman doesn't back you with better facilities, it might be time to make the move! (what a cliffhanger!)

Thanks mate! Like you say, it adds a realistic touch too it, although it was very annoying to see us fall from 1st to 5th, but hey, if Arsenal can do it, anybody can :laugh: The club is a top 4 club now, I think we can challenge for the title next year, but it depends on the signings I make and stuff of that nature really. The Chairman is very stubborn, but we'll  see what happens ;) cheers mate @scratch99

Yeah mate, I'm up for one! I'll PM you later about it if you want. Also, hopefully this doesn't start anything with my previous competitor if he decides to come back to the website, but I think it will be fine. @Brenty92

I can see you taking the title next season with a few summer signings. 11 loses and still taking 4th spot means competition's tight at the top. 

How's this going to unfold...

1 hour ago, mcandrew003 said:

Thanks mate! Like you say, it adds a realistic touch too it, although it was very annoying to see us fall from 1st to 5th, but hey, if Arsenal can do it, anybody can :laugh: The club is a top 4 club now, I think we can challenge for the title next year, but it depends on the signings I make and stuff of that nature really. The Chairman is very stubborn, but we'll  see what happens ;) cheers mate @scratch99

Yeah mate, I'm up for one! I'll PM you later about it if you want. Also, hopefully this doesn't start anything with my previous competitor if he decides to come back to the website, but I think it will be fine. @Brenty92

If it does, we'll hold off until yours is finished, I have no problem with that, I just thought since you haven't heard anything why not lol

Cheers BG, I think recruitment will be key this summer. I'm determined to win some silverware in every country, so hopefully we can cross that off next year. Thanks mate @BatiGoal

I haven't even got the save file from the other H2H anymore anyway, so no way to continue really. Also, I've had no reply for 19 days, so I don't think it's my fault anyway if he comes back and I'm doing something else. Im happy to do one with you anyway mate! PM me when you want to discuss some ideas for it, I'll get some ready :D  @Brenty92

Hi really enjoying the read KIU!

btw, is there any chance you could show us the profiles of the youngsters you are developing in your reserve team?

Thanks!