Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic A little survey about Arsenal's situation

KennyMiller27

Hey guys,I'd like to do a little survey on the Arsenal situation. Been thinking about things and I'd like some perspective - preferably from both dyed-in-the-wool Gunners fans,Spurs fans and neutrals!

1. What do you think has gone wrong there?

2. What's the chances of the ship being righted there?

3. Is it just Wenger that's the issue or is it more?

4. Can the traditional managerial set-up still work in today's game?

5. Have Arsenal lost their way?

1. Too much trust in players that aren't good enough, are injury prone or have little fight. Signings also haven't really delivered either. 

2. Arsenal always turn it back around, if this Sanchez injury is serious though i'd be somewhat worried. If they fail to make top four then the worries will truly sink in i think.

3. In who he trusts and signs he has to take the blame but the players not fighting for him is more of a worry imo. Not being funny but the Arsenal fans you hear about are embarrassing, i don't intend to wash all supporters with one brush but they've become a laughing stock. Maybe ironic coming from a LFC fan but i often think to myself at least we aren't Arsenal :P

4. How do you mean?

5. This is their way, it happens every season :P 

Personally i think he's earnt the right to do as he pleases, but that depends on Ozil and Sanchez, If they are off and it's a case of rebuilding Arsenal i think it would be fairly stupid to allow AW to do it. If Arsenal need rebuilding due to star players leaving i think a fresh pair of eyes on the situation would be for the best, a manager who plans on staying there and building something and not someone who could up and leave next year meaning another manager will rebuild again. Trust me constant rebuilding and squad changing isn't good for anyone, it's one reason we've been shit since Rafa left and just look at the state of United's squad atm. 

AW needs to stop messing about if he stays and buy a top class DMC, possibly even a whole new midfield as current options are either not good enough or not fit enough. Regardless if Sanchez stays or goes they also need another top class striker as AW currently can't make up his mind on who is his striker with Walcott, Sanchez, Welbeck and Giroud all having ago from time to time. All good squad players but not ones who'll win you the big trophies.