Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Challenges A City Reunified - Berlin Challenge

A City Reunified - Berlin Challenge

Berlin-_Brandenburg_gate_(Brandenburg_Tor)_at_night_-_3942.thumb.jpg.919b2e418bc944c1bd4e812fe2e63909.jpg

I thought up this challenge yesterday, after returning from a great weekend away in Berlin.

Germany's capital city is a wonderful place, full to the brim with fascinating history, art and culture. One thing it doesn't have though, is real footballing pedigree.

There are two Berlin based clubs in the game - Hertha Berlin in the Bundesliga, and Berlin-Kopenick Dammfeld in 2. Bundesliga. Once they represented the East and West respectively, but Berlin today is a united city and I want to see you take them both to the top.

The aim, therefore, is to have them finish in the top two spots in a Bundesliga league season.

The Challenge

1.       Start with either Hertha Berlin or Berlin-Kopenick Dammfeld

2.       Improve the club by improving the facilities, staff and squad

3.       Take over the other Berlin club

4.       Improve this club too.

5.       Challenge is complete once the Berlin clubs finish champion and runner up in the Bundesliga season.

*BONUS* My first thought was to have them both reach the European Champions Cup final in the same season. However, this might be close to impossible to achieve. Prove me wrong?

Usual rules apply.

Great idea. Trips away always inspire me to do new things on FM and Germany has so many clubs full of potential.

Might give this a try sometime.