Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Lower Leagues

So I decided to take charge of probably the smallest team in the game, Hungerford Town! A great challenge, very difficult to buy players or even sign anyone on loan... but that is the sort of challenge that makes FM great for me. Then the FA Cup first round draw is made, I eagerly look to see who I've been drawn against... a chance for a giantkilling? A home draw against a similar sized club with good chance of progress? No.

In fact I'm not in the draw at all! Really? In the self proclaimed best management game in the world, you cannot actually take part in the greatest knockout competition there is?! So there it is, game ruined. I have no interest in carrying on with that career. How many updates have we had now? And still this massive issue hasn't been fixed! I played a game called Mac football manager in 1998 which was incredibly basic. But yet even that managed to make sure that everyone took part in the FA Cup. Just so, so poor.

VNN / VNS teams enter the FA Cup before the 1st Round, they officially enter in the 2nd qualifying round and have to advance through the 2nd, 3rd & 4th qualifying rounds in order to the reach the full 1st Round.

It's highly likely that you've played another team from your division thinking it was a league game when it was rather the FA Cup qualifier. Go into your fixtures section and see if this is the case. I've never seen or experienced any problems with a VNN / VNS team having not entered the FA Cup.

Unfortunately SI have come out and said that a potential fix for 2017 would require huge changes which is too much of a risk I believe. They are looking into it for 2018.

I just don't see how that wasn't considered a fairly major thing when it was launched like that!  So bizarre that they would keep something that is so unrealistic. 

Its the 4th qualifying round I meant, not the first round, there is no 2nd and 3rd qualifying round on this years game, there are no teams below the VNS/VNN involved at all in FMM's version of the FA Cup. 

I havent missed any fixtures, there's a big heading above the fixtures saying FA Cup when it's a cup game so it's hard to mistake it for a league match. Have tried saves with both Poole and now Hungerford and both times I just haven't been entered into the tournament at all. Have a check on the number of teams entered next time you play, you'll notice not all teams are involved.