Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help The best role for a lone striker in a Def. formation?

I like playing a defensive counter-attacking 5-2-2-1 formation. I'm not sure what role is best for my lone striker, seeing as I have two Inside Forwards. I'm considering changing one Inside Forward to an advanced playmaker and the mid-field to BWM and CM, thoughts?

Here's an example, but I use this formation often so don't take the actual players into account too much. Also, if you have ideas for better instructions please share. Thanks! 

Screenshot_2017-03-29-00-50-25.png

Screenshot_2017-03-29-00-50-40.png

8 hours ago, Dec said:

I'd say use wingers not INFs as they track back and go with a TM. They would help with more direct play too.

Wing backs and wingers don't interfere with each other? 

2 hours ago, CmonJustTheTip said:

Wing backs and wingers don't interfere with each other? 

No, in fact they can create an overlap, though you may want to continue playing the INFs dependent on how wasteful they are

If you're playing with 2 IF's I would choose either a Target Man or an Advanced Forward dependent on who you have available to you. AF's get in behind and will stretch their defence, whereas the TM suggestion more or less comes from seeing Llorente up front but still would be fairly critical in holding up the ball to bring the IFs into play.