Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help Player Traits

Can anyone help me to understand player traits & how these traits influences the tactics, games..

Case A --. Like if a winger's strong foot is right foot & can play on either flank  And if one of his traits is a trait called "cuts inside" , it will have impact on player which in turn depends upon the flank he is playing on. 

Case A (1) -- If he plays on left flank then he can cut inside and shoot... because his right foot, when playing on left flank, will be towards the goalpost & it is then natural that he'll shoot .

Case A(2)-- If the same player plays on right flank, that is not his natural flank, he will tend to cross rather than shooting because his right foot will face away from goalpost...which make it hard to shoot as there is max chances that it will be wide...

So i was hoping that if someone can explain the traits & impact on game ..

Thanks

It mean if we use left footed winger on left flank(Like - Lorenzo Insigne)  he will act as normal winger... he'll cros ,pass, play one-with other players but 

If we play left footed winger on right flank he will act as Inside forward  example - Messi

First of all do you want the player to play as a winger is an inside forward?

I'm not a fan of inside forward (mainly right footed on the left wing, left footed on the right wing and cuts inside) in the game because of how the match engine deals with them but there's nothing wrong playing a right footed player on the right as an inside forward the only problem is that he may have ore shots off target supposed to if he was playing on the other flank.

Wingers (right footed player on the right wing and left footed on the left wing plays wide) on the other hand are not supposed to cut inside but in my saves I search for wingers with the trait "moves into channel" or "cuts inside" and the reason for that is that I don't want them to play too wide and cross only, I want them to run at the back of the defence if they find space and shoot regardless of the fact that there is a high chance they would shoot it out and I've had success with this. 

Screenshot_20170401-193716.thumb.png.9ce894148e01de04731a51890a2b9575.png

I've played this player as a winger all season except for the last 3 games where he played as an inside forward on the right flank even if he's right footed

It depends on the role you assign him. If you tell him to play as a Winger, regardless the flank, he will in most cases fill the opponent's box with crosses and very occasionally cut inside. If you want him to play as an Inside Forward he will do the "opposite" cute inside often and occasionally pass his man on the flank. For obvious reasons Wingers work best with their best foot near the flank and Inside Forward opposite to it.

I think it's a misconception that people believe that Wingers don't cut inside and Inside Forwards don't rush to the byline to send in a cross, cause they do. They need that bit of variety in their game to remain unpredictable and dangerous. But the player role basically tells them what to focus on and that's a decision you need to make based on his natural position(s), attributes, traits, footedness.

But don't forget that this is a game.. players like Messi etc are smart and read the game and the opponent. They can, and will, change position during play and sometimes their "player role" too without his manager needing to open the tactics page, to apply tactical changes and/or alternative roles to break the opponent, like we FMM manager have to. :)

@Dar JYou are tacking about combination of traits...so when your player cut inside & move in channel don't you think he'll attempt to score .

If trait combination be like  

cuts inside or  runs down left/right with ball + plays one-two  then only the will avoid scoring & will assist more.

What's ur opinion??

If he has the trait of running down the left flank with the ball and you play him as an inside forward on the left I think on the trait page it would be red and I don't know how the game would reconcile but while if you play him as a winger on that flank he's more likely to do what it says

@BatiGoalyeah we all know that player will the role we assign them & it is not that they always will stick along the line & bombard crosses on opposition's post ,yeah they will inside too depending upon the circumstances.

What i want to say is that their role is ,upto some extent, effected by their trait. We know that we cannot avoid our natural tendency to some things ..we simply will do those things...

So the thing is if we while setting a Tactic keep in mind  traits of players  & try to understand which trait is complementary to which one ., Then only we can create a stable & fluid tactics.

9 minutes ago, Nick11 said:

@BatiGoalyeah we all know that player will the role we assign them & it is not that they always will stick along the line & bombard crosses on opposition's post ,yeah they will inside too depending upon the circumstances.

What i want to say is that their role is ,upto some extent, effected by their trait. We know that we cannot avoid our natural tendency to some things ..we simply will do those things...

So the thing is if we while setting a Tactic keep in mind  traits of players  & try to understand which trait is complementary to which one ., Then only we can create a stable & fluid tactics.

I agree

@Dar J @BatiGoal

If i play 4-1-2-2-1 

My left back play as wing back & his attributes are- •runs down left •play1-2-1 •play now through ball •play short simple pass

My left winger whom i ,in this case , will use as IF have traits like 

•Cuts inside •runs with ball in channel •refrain from taking long shot or •try to pass rather than shooting • play 1-2-1. •curls ball or •place shots

My forward whom i will use as complete forward or trequartista have attribute like 

•Play 1-2-1 • runs through center •shoots with power •try to round keeper• place shots .

It this case my left flank will work very smoothly & will provide cross or play pass with forward and move inside and then if there is space wiill try to score or place shot , if no space then he will pass with player & in meantime cf to will move back towards goalpost. This may work like tiki-taka tactics and that is what im trying to create.

If you think that i said anything wrong then please elaborate.

Player role traits is the definition of a player role. So matching traits, which is if I understand correctly what you're after, is basically the same thing as matching two or more player roles. If a combo of player roles work well together it's because those traits work particularly well in combination with one another.

Then you have black and green traits. The black ones are a player role's definition, essential for a player to perform that role successfully, and the green ones are the traits that this specific player will do particularly well. So basic math: more green = better performance.

I think an easy way to go about these things is once you find a consistent formation and tactics (patience and hours of testing..and some more patience..) with player roles that work well individually or in near proximity of others.. then look at how you can fine-tune by looking at those traits. You basically need to get each player (in their position covering their respective player roles) full of green traits. Example: if you have Nobby Nobody with no green traits and Simon Somebody with some green traits then don't go with Nobby. However, if there's an upcoming star in Evans Everbody on your bench with every trait ticked green.. pick him :)

Hope I answered some of your questions there.

18 hours ago, Nick11 said:

This may work like tiki-taka tactics and that is what i'm trying to create.

That style is all about possession. I think having a good amount of players with role traits 'plays 1-2-1' with good 'teamwork', 'decisions', 'passing' and 'technique' attr. + a short passing style would suit this. How has your possession been generally during games?

23 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

That style is all about possession. I think having a good amount of players with role traits 'plays 1-2-1' with good 'teamwork', 'decisions', 'passing' and 'technique' attr. + a short passing style would suit this. How has your possession been generally during games?

I'm playing a false -9 formation with mix and short passing. Possession is around 65+ % sometimes it's like 72-73 % . Even though i win games by scoring 2-3 goals i feel happy coz my team dominate the game.

On 02/04/2017 at 14:42, Nick11 said:

I'm playing a false -9 formation with mix and short passing. Possession is around 65+ % sometimes it's like 72-73 % . Even though i win games by scoring 2-3 goals i feel happy coz my team dominate the game.

What instructions do you use? I'm trying to create my own Tiki-Taka system but the one thing is doesn't do is keep possession.

I must admit I've been using Wingers a lot more this year (due to the nature of the goal challenges I'm attempting) but I think they seem to work much better than the IF's this year,

The previous two games the Wingers were pretty unreliable not really getting more than a 6-7 avg rating where the IF's would kill it.

This year playing two W's has been very good for me as they are scoring well like IF's but are also providing the assists for my main strikers and I prefer this to having an IF who is constantly outshining my PCR

Sorry I haven't really answered your question as I don't really look at the traits rather their attributes

1 hour ago, Fish18ish said:

What instructions do you use? I'm trying to create my own Tiki-Taka system but the one thing is doesn't do is keep possession.

I'm currently playing on OME & haven't tested it yet on EME.

I play defensive with mix passing & mix focus with cautious Tackling & short distribution 

If i  feel like i'm dominating i start pressing  otherwise i don't press because of offensive player role.

Screenshot_2017-04-03-04-36-31-178_com.sigames.fmm2017.thumb.png.135183bbc4167b725627e321ff9fedd6.png

58 minutes ago, Taff said:

I must admit I've been using Wingers a lot more this year (due to the nature of the goal challenges I'm attempting) but I think they seem to work much better than the IF's this year,

The previous two games the Wingers were pretty unreliable not really getting more than a 6-7 avg rating where the IF's would kill it.

This year playing two W's has been very good for me as they are scoring well like IF's but are also providing the assists for my main strikers and I prefer this to having an IF who is constantly outshining my PCR

Sorry I haven't really answered your question as I don't really look at the traits rather their attributes

Its okay mate. To be honest i personally don't like using inside forward so i intended to use winger or no wimger (in this case i use wide forward).

Player trait do influence your Tactic so i suggest you to develop tactics on the basis of player's traits . I'm testing it & only conclusion i got from this is stated above.

1. From database point of view, there is no data for player traits in database.

2. Traits are linked with player attributes. Players have similar attributes will have similar traits. You can use IGE To test.