Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career The Unicorn: 1K Midfielder

Jens

20 hours ago, mcandrew003 said:

A good read so far, and a good start aswell! Keep up the good work mate!

Thank you, sir, for the kind words.

20 hours ago, Jack said:

Interesting start & the usual good read, keep it up :D

Much obliged. 

How do you guys rate the chance I'll make it to 1K?

Bacause the weekend is coming up, and I'm not much of a poster on weekends, I've got an elaborate update for you all today. Enjoy and let me know how you feel.

5/4/17: I’m back with Yadolahi. He’s proven he can do it, he’s 19 so he should in theory be good enough. I’ll be posting very soon. I have no idea at all if I can pull this off, but it will nonetheless be fun to share everything with you guys. I’ll see how far I can get. My first goal will be 500 goals. Then I’ll take it one step at a time: 600 goals, 700, 800 perhaps? We’ll see what is possible and I’m looking forward to sharing everything. But first the decision: do I stick with Yadolahi or do I convert to Keane after all? My gut says Yadolahi, simply because he already had a 40 goal season… We’ll see. And if it doesn’t work out, I can always go back to try it again with Keane. I also have a third idea: use Keane as a striker and see if he can get to 1500 goals. He should be able to do it, since he’s a world class talent in a very small swimming pool. But first, my 1K AMC challenge. Let’s go.

Why Yadolahi:

Good PA for this league (players range from 1.5 stars to 3 stars, only few are as good as 3.5 - Yadolahi’s PA)

for:

1. Up until now he has proven to be prolific
  2. I can easily play him as an InF on the wings if his central work doesn’t play out in a game
  3. He’ll be easier to keep in Ireland than, say, Keane’s regen

against:

1. He’s had a crappy season (but so had Keane)
  2. His stats aren’t great yet (my training facilities play a role in that probably
  3. His PA is good but nothing really special

6/4/17: I managed to salvage a nice 33 goals from the previous season. By the end I was hoping to hit 30 and then Yadolahi really hit his stride and scored in almost every game he played. Excellent. We managed to win all but one domestic cup, which is nice as well. Now I’m in the new season and he has had a blistering start, scoring 6 in 4. He even managed a brace against Shaktar Donetsk, catapulting us through to the second knock out stage against Tottenham. It’s the best European campaign for us this far.

Over the last two seasons we got knocked out right away by minions Rijeka. Now, however, everything seems to be clicking better than ever. I brought in some talent on the wings. One is Polish, the other one is Spanish. It feels weird to abandon my let’s-get-as-much-Irish-talent-in-here-as-we-can tactics, but at this time I don’t feel there is any experienced talent out there that we can afford. Let’s crack on.

On the screenies you'll see how my team contributed to the season's disaster. Dylan Black is my star striker.

Screenshot_20170405-234957.png

Screenshot_20170405-235004.png

Screenshot_20170405-235017.png

Screenshot_20170405-235032.png

Screenshot_20170406-001417.png

Screenshot_20170405-235023.png

Screenshot_20170406-001904.png

Agree, go with your guts and keep Yodelahihi. He's looking promising and performing good so far. I think you'll have no problems getting the 500gls with him in this league. 600, 700, ..1000? Who knows, mate. Aim high and see where the journey takes us. Can't wait to read the next update of Yodel Boy's Irish Tales.

8/4/17: I’ve been cracking on with it and boy, has Yadolahi been cracking. Bray once again won every single domestic prize it was up for. We narrowly missed out on an unbeaten season in the competition by one loss, which hurts. My favourite Irishman ended the season on fire with a total of 53 goals. Still not enough if I’m to reach my ambitious goal, but we’re getting somewhere. I feel I’ve finally found the right formation to get my AMC as many goals as possible.

In Europe we were once again quite good. We defeated Bordeaux twice, drew with AZ and lost to them and drew and beaten Sevilla. We got to the next round where we faced Wolfsburg. We drew the first game 1-1 and unfortunately lost the second one 1-0, even though we were by far the best team. A shame, but that’s how it is.

Maybe it was for the best; Yadolahi was now getting plenty of recuperating between games without the added burden of Europe. He’s started the new season scorchingly. I mean, he’s been all over the place, banging them in. If he keeps up his fitness (last season he had three small injuries), he will have no trouble reaching 60. But let’s not jinx it, ey? His stats still aren’t very convincing, but as long as he’s scoring, I won’t even bother worrying about that. The only problem is that he’s starting to want to move to a bigger club. For the foreseeable future I’ve got him for at least 5 more years at Bray thanks to the new contract he recently signed. And even then I’ll be able to extend it because of our ever increasing wealth. But still, sooner or later I fear we’ll have to move him someplace else.

Screenshot_20170408-000143.png

Screenshot_20170408-000152.png

Screenshot_20170408-001713.png

Screenshot_20170408-002212.png

Screenshot_20170408-100851.png

51 is freaking out sanding for an AMC! Superb going Jens! If he can stay consistent in and around the 50/60's and peaks well you have a chance! 853 left and he has at least 15 years in him, still tight but this type of form is very promising! 

6 minutes ago, Ashez said:

51 is freaking out sanding for an AMC! Superb going Jens! If he can stay consistent in and around the 50/60's and peaks well you have a chance! 853 left and he has at least 15 years in him, still tight but this type of form is very promising! 

Thanks.

On the one hand this is indeed something I'd never thought to be possible, but on the other hand it's ridiculously savage to get this to 1K :P 

17 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Any signs of ITN? You'll need all the bonus goals you can get I think. Think you will need 100 at least from ITN. 

I've had quite some international jobs to keep me busy, but no Ireland job yet. It was on 'insecure' for a while but disappeared again :( 

Do the goals count where I didn't play him as itn manager myself? ;) 

50+ with an AMC is incredible indeed. Didn't think those players would hit such numbers, more like high 30s tops. Those 500 gls will be a piece of cake for you. You've got me convinced now that the 1K is definitely doable for a midfielder. Hopefully that Irish Job doesn't keep you waiting for too long, you need those ITN goals.

38 minutes ago, Jens said:

Do the goals count where I didn't play him as itn manager myself? ;) 

You know the answer :P

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I was so focussed on not reaching 60 that I didn't really think about the fact that I did reach 50 with a midfielder :D

It's a good thing that you all point that out. My ego is very grateful.

This career is now really starting to catch up with my current progress... I included some screenies of my career as an international manager. Yes, I've been flaky :D 

10/4/17: Yadolahi’s season is still going good, but not as well as the beginning promised. He’s having difficulties mentally as he has been wanting to move to a bigger club for a while now. At the start of the season that didn’t stop him from banging them in, but now, with international games and all that, it seems that he’s not up to the challenge currently. Although that didn’t stop him from helping us past Liverpool in the champions league group stage (that’s right, we finally made it into the group stage). The season will probably end like last season: with around 50-ish goals. Not bad at all, but not good enough if he is to make it to 1K.

He’s already 21, so he needs to start producing the goods now. I’m planning on leaving for Celtic or Portugal once I get my son, which should be 3 seasons away. Before I forget, remember that young Brazilian AMC I splurged a million on? I shipped him off someplace I can’t even remember anymore, as a part exchange deal for another player I can’t remember. He was sucking away at my soul because he simply didn’t want to live up to his potential. Bitch had got to go. When he left, I looked at his PA: 4,5 stars. That’s something I won’t be able to forget for the rest of this career...

Screenshot_20170408-005718.png

Screenshot_20170408-100851.png

Screenshot_20170409-225225.png

Screenshot_20170409-225333.png

Screenshot_20170409-225350.png

Good move selling that Brazilian :laugh:

Yodel Boy is doing outstanding tho. Surely his tremendous form and your team's good fortune can't go on forever. Expecting a goal drought anytime soon.

11 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

Good move selling that Brazilian :laugh:

Yodel Boy is doing outstanding tho. Surely his tremendous form and your team's good fortune can't go on forever. Expecting a goal drought anytime soon.

You pre-jinxed it :(

3 minutes ago, Jens said:

You pre-jinxed it :(

We need to lower the amount of successful careers on Vibe so mine stand out a little more. You're welcome.

2 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

We need to lower the amount of successful careers on Vibe so mine stand out a little more. You're welcome.

Why don't you go fudge yourself?

But seriously, it was to be expected. You're probably the only one who gets enough seasons and playing done to pull this one off before the new decade.

6 minutes ago, Jens said:

Why don't you go fudge yourself?

But seriously, it was to be expected. You're probably the only one who gets enough seasons and playing done to pull this one off before the new decade.

Read more  

Remember Man Utd vs Arsenal years ago.. that incident pre-game in the tunnel between Vieira and Keane (who came to Neville's defence).. that look in Keane's eyes before walking onto the pitch.. that's me before every FMM game ;)

18 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

Remember Man Utd vs Arsenal years ago.. that incident pre-game in the tunnel between Vieira and Keane (who came to Neville's defence).. that look in Keane's eyes before walking onto the pitch.. that's me before every FMM game ;)

Can't say that I remember that tbh

4 hours ago, triforce said:

Good stuff!

Thank you for the kind words. I hope that one day, we can all together get some Yodelahihi'ing done.

Sorry for the long silence. I haven't played much over the weekend and work got in the way of updating. I'm thinking about changing my update system as I feel that I'm losing oversight because there is so much time between what I play/write and what I post. It also takes away some of the excitement of the moment (which I know is a feeling shared by at least @BatiGoal, right?) Let me know which you guys prefer. I can be witty and compelling in seasonal updates as wel as journal entries ;) 

13/4/17: I had my weekly dose of designated survivor, which means I lost a day to play. When I returned, Yadolahi had a horrendous dry spell, meaning he finished with only 39 goals. He had started things off so well… We again won all the cups though, so that’s a small silver lining.

The new season started off as the last did: blistering form. This time, he seems to be able to hold onto it, with already 36 goals in 36 games. This might be a new seasonal record. The rest of the team started off sluggish though. We even got knocked out of the Leinster cup, the only one we had been winning since our second season. Such a shame.

We’re also looking to burst into the ECL group stages again. We beat Sant Julià and BATE Borisov and now face FC Kobenhavn. Not my favourite opponent, but we should be able to do the job. I made some excellent transfers in an Italian winger and a Spanish DC who came in on Bosmans. I also lost another 150K to a Tsjech DC who turned out to be garbage. Oh well. In the meantime I’m having to fend off clubs for my three main midfielders who have been with me since they were 16 (second season). Yadolahi was unhappy at a rejected transfer again, but his exclamation mark went away again after just one game.

In other news: Yadolahi had his first game with 5 goals! Great stuff that was. Also to be seen on the screenshots: a President’s cup (super cup) which we completely dominated, but still needed penalties to take the cup home. Can you believe how that went? Anyway, all’s well that ends well. You’re also catching up to where I am at currently. Only 2 Word pages left to go and my pre-prepared stuff will be out.

Screenshot_20170413-132617.png

Screenshot_20170412-220107.png

Screenshot_20170412-203335.png

Screenshot_20170410-173014.png

Screenshot_20170410-132625.png

Screenshot_20170413-132613.png

I kinda enjoy the journal entries tbh. Gives the career a different feel :)

As for the horrendous spell damn 39 is great for a midfielder. You need to lower your expectations to match mine :D seriously, whatever you're feeding your guy keep at it!

9 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

I kinda enjoy the journal entries tbh. Gives the career a different feel :)

As for the horrendous spell damn 39 is great for a midfielder. You need to lower your expectations to match mine :D seriously, whatever you're feeding your guy keep at it!

I'm actually kind of surprised no one has asked me what the secret is :D 

1 hour ago, Jens said:

I'm actually kind of surprised no one has asked me what the secret is :D 

Maybe they already know. I do.

Spoiler

What's the secret?