Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help Training a player to get a certain role traits.

An interesting player just popped out as a youngster at my season 1 Sunderland save. In addition to his high PA, he plays as a R/CAM, and he comes pre-equipped with dead ball technique (Tries Long Range Free-kicks and Hits Free-kicks with Power traits). I think it would be great to emulate him to play like Del Piero; he met all the requirements to play like him in the foreseeable future, and have I told you he has 14 in dribbling, shooting, technique and creativity at the start? I believe, he'll deliver...

...So I started training him in Technical schedule I tailored special for him, with Intensive Technical and Attacking, Norm Fitness and none at Defending, Gk, and Motivational. Insofar, he's half a year into his training now, having obtained "Tries Killer Ball Often", gets "Moves Ball to Left foot before dribbling" trait removed (his footedness shows he's great with both feet), and 16 dribbling, 16 shooting, and 15 technique. It comes as a surprise that with 16 dribbling, he still don't have "Tries Tricks" trait, one of the projected traits I wanted him to have. First year perhaps is too much of an asking for him, but with his age of 18 and his superior dribbling skill, the game and I, I believe, should have come into consensus, that he is indeed special, and proceed to gifts him with "Tries Tricks".

Does a trait comes naturally for a player, or is it possible to train him to get a certain traits?

postscript; His name also strikes me as unique, Exodus Abraham. Abraham must've derived from Chelski's Tammy Abraham, but who's Exodus? Does his biblical name affects his ability?

Traits do come naturally. I'm not sure you can manipulate them as a player who likes stepovers won't all of a sudden not want to do them. It's like saying you are a person who is quite tidy but then gets trained to become messy. It would take years and is likely never going to happen.

8 hours ago, Dec said:

Traits do come naturally. I'm not sure you can manipulate them as a player who likes stepovers won't all of a sudden not want to do them. It's like saying you are a person who is quite tidy but then gets trained to become messy. It would take years and is likely never going to happen.

Traits link To attributes, not natural.

With the attribute change, traits will change accordingly.

1 hour ago, rseven said:

That sounds pretty strange to me if all work like this. For example how do you train someone to cut inside or try killer balls?

1 hour ago, Dec said:

That sounds pretty strange to me if all work like this. For example how do you train someone to cut inside or try killer balls?

I will test, and let you know. 

6 hours ago, rseven said:

I don't believe that is true. I had this player and the only trait he had was "moves into channels" as AP/BBM (it was green) instead of being the midfield god his stats implied. 

image.thumb.png.5be4f98810693fc6224cbead24f093a8.png

10 hours ago, veerus said:

I don't believe that is true. I had this player and the only trait he had was "moves into channels" as AP/BBM (it was green) instead of being the midfield god his stats implied. 

image.thumb.png.5be4f98810693fc6224cbead24f093a8.png

What I know, in FM, the traits are part of attributes of playet, we can find them in database by editor.

In FMM, I do not find the traits data in database.

I tested by using IGE to increase or decrease attributes to see the difference of traits. I have not summary my finding. But the traits are linked with attributes.

Maybe they're semi-random based on attributes and PA?   I can see them doing that to save on memory space in the database.