Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Challenges Life Begins At Thirty

Ashez

Life Begins At Thirty

Watching the football this afternoon and a stat about Zlatan caught my eye. The almighty Swede has basically scored 232 goals before his 30th birthday and now 250 after. 

The idea of this challenge is simple, you take a striker under the age of 30 and score as many as possible with him, after his 30th birthday you have to match this score. As strikers seem to last until they're 35-36 years old I'd suggest starting with a striker around 24/5 which should give you the best chance of completion while keeping it interesting (5/6 years each side of 30). I like the fact this challenge is open to a wide range of players while also being that you create your own targets and aims needed to complete it. 

Example

Part One - I take a 25 year old striker and he scores 200 goals before his 30th birthday. 

Part Two - After his 30th birthday I have until he retires to match the 200 goal target. 

Rules

1. Own formations only. 

2. No unlockables, editors, or outside software. 

3. Remember to keep track of the players birthday as the second part starts on this date once he hits 30. 

4. Feel free to move clubs/leagues but you must stick to the same player. 

5. I've not added an age range as a rule but keep it interesting, no one will want to see you start with a 28 year old etc. 

6. Evidence will be required, a career thread for us to follow is recommended. 

7. Have fun. 

Any questions or opinions? Couldn't come up with a good title so open to suggestions. Thanks for reading. 

27 minutes ago, mcandrew003 said:

Nice challenge mate, like the concept!

This could be the one that gets me into player challenges!

I like it as it's simple but has depth. Plenty of things to think about and plenty of ways to play it, that's my type of challenge haha. Glad you liked it :) 

Glad you all like it :) 

13 minutes ago, Oi Oi said:

Sounds like great fun, Would you allow us to start on a save were 5 years in?

I have no issue with that but I think i'd say stick to new players you haven't used as yet. As starting later with a striker who's already got goals for you would also have to be counted/included in his target. 

Wow this is great man, I seen this statistic today and I was like wow this guy is amazing he absolutely gets better with age no matter what the scenario. I'll defo look forward too seeing anyone have a go at this and hopefully find the time to try it myself. 

58 minutes ago, Mikee1984 said:

Wow this is great man, I seen this statistic today and I was like wow this guy is amazing he absolutely gets better with age no matter what the scenario. I'll defo look forward too seeing anyone have a go at this and hopefully find the time to try it myself. 

He is something special that's for sure. The second I saw the stat I knew it had challenge potential and it was just a matter of coming up with a concept haha. 

Hopefully a few try it as I'd also enjoy seeing people's takes on the challenge, due to its nature it's a very tactical save IMO. 

Very interesting this! Do I hit small numbers before 30yo to secure a small total on a leaderboard? Do I go crazy before and crazier after 30 but risk failing the challenge? Play it safe Vs All-in approach. Either way I'm looking forward to any takers on this one. Could be me :)

8 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

Very interesting this! Do I hit small numbers before 30yo to secure a small total on a leaderboard? Do I go crazy before and crazier after 30 but risk failing the challenge? Play it safe Vs All-in approach. Either way I'm looking forward to any takers on this one. Could be me :)

All the power is in the players hands, just depends how much you're willing to risk to succeed!