Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help Consistant Tactic help needed!

In need of a decent tactic for Celtic, Cant score as much goals at home than i do away. Europe has been death and cant get control over tactics. Any help out there would be appreciated. Tactic and roles that i use atm are below.

Screenshot_20170410-194611.png

Screenshot_20170410-194606.png

Screenshot_20170410-194554.png

Screenshot_20170410-194548.png

Looks solid enough, only thing I can think of is that maybe in Europe it is too attacking. Play balanced or defensive, non-committed tackling and on the counter attack 

It's too offensive with attacking football(away from home)plus wing backs. Playing full-backs would give you a bit more protection defensively. Also committed tackling will be undone by good teams in Europe. My most successful team didn't play attacking, wing-backs or committed tackling and I won the lot( premiership, EFL cup, FA cup and Champions league with Charlton).

I'm currently playing a similar formation and using an AF instead of a P (plus everything Dec said).  That makes the striker interplay with the team adding some often needed build-up in the final third.

Try setting passing to direct (to try to score more quickly before you lose the ball, if that's a concern) or short (for increased possession).

You got good advice here @JohnGuidetti

Another thing you could try is putting emphasis on your passing focus. Generally most teams are pretty balanced in terms of quality by your 4-5th season, but seeing you're in your debut season -I'm not that familiar with the Celtic squad tho- it's likely that there's a significant difference in strength between flanks -left/right or both- vs center. I'd say try focusing on your best route.

Alternatively, you could look at your opponents and identify their weakest route, again one or both flanks or center. Could be players in wrong positions, poor quality players or simply a formation/tactics with space to exploit. But that's only if you really take this game seriously like most of us here :)

I found it's best if you're just consistent with your tactics as, in you keep it the same, and you change your tactic ingame depending on what's happening. Hope my advice is helpful but if not I'm sorry.