Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help Help on tactics i chose

cezzz16

I just bought the game. I'm managing Portsmouth. I am a noob and I was sacked on my first try. My question is, will this tactic work? Assuming I have players that fit on their role. What should I do to cover my midfield well? That seems to be my problem during friendly vs Ipswich where I won.

Screenshot_20170412-090911.jpg

Edit: I changed the BWM to CM. That really made a difference regarding the "too open on mid" analysis. I must say with my current situation, my defenders are doing well especially in the aerial battles. Naismith got his hattrick on our last match. I don't mind the goal distribution is well spread.

I think you're trying too hard regarding tactics, lower league is a completely different ball game, too much intricacy struggles lower down. Keep it simple and you'll notice the difference 

3 hours ago, DaBla27 said:

Can you add in a screenshot of your "instructions" aswell please?

Here it is. 

9 minutes ago, Brenty92 said:

I think you're trying too hard regarding tactics, lower league is a completely different ball game, too much intricacy struggles lower down. Keep it simple and you'll notice the difference 

I've noticed it too. Currently sitting on #2 and I suffer bad loses on 2 bad teams. I'll try to use 4 4 2. What should be my roles? Ld cd cd ld, w ap, cm, w and af tm?

Screenshot_20170412-193105.jpg

The issue is that you have no midfield. Keep the BWM and play a CM next to him. That way you will not have 5 players in the back with 1 spraying balls and 4 in attack with 1 left to cover 2-3 players.

Your team is too attacking - you need to find the right balance. Like Dec said, I'd move the AP back to CM to have two central midfielders. Long goalkeeping distribution only really works well if you have forward players with high Aerial or Strength and I see you play with a poacher so therefore I'd change that to mixed.