Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help building a team around a palyer

Pogba

It's a good question but where do I begin..

Look, what I think you should understand is that no one here knows nearly as much as this community as a whole. Apart from the discussions on formations/tactics and the many available guides/articles here I highly recommend reading the careers threads as well. There's no shortage of those and I can assure you there are so many useful tips and smart approaches to a specific challenge or circumstance. By the time I have completed one of my own careers I've followed 10 or 20 others, or even more. Almost every career has something we can take away from and those bits are extremely valuable. And that's in my opinion a great way to learn how to build squads, formations or making specific players shine. 

It may not be the answer you wanted but I believe you could learn a lot from looking at how other Vibers play the game. My cents. Goodluck!

I think you should ask yourselve some question, then plan your strategy.

1. Who is the key player you want to build the team with?

2. What is your expectation for this key player? For the team?

3. What is the advantage of this player? What is the weak point?

4. What is the advantage of current squad? Where is the weak point?

Are we talking for a 1KC? Or something else? Like @rseven says you need to know that first, as everything depends on that. Anyway, I'll assume it's a goal scoring challenge.

You obviously need a tactic that works for that player and gives him the most chances. And all players are a little different, so what works for one player may not work for another one (Armstrong's tactic worked great for him, but not Mitrovic). I found actually watching extended highlights for a few games helped a lot, as I saw things that needed to be fixed (striker taking corners, other players in their space). Then it's a matter of tweaking the tactic to fix those problems. Rinse and repeat every so often.

Also, you need to surround him with the best teammates. Players that are fantastic, but that fit the tactic well. Some with high creativity and passing skills, to create more chances. And ones with high teamwork so they pass, instead of taking a shot themselves. Players who have a history of providing assists. etc...

To get the best teammates you either need lots of $$$ (ie a top club) or you need to build the team up: buying promising youngsters who become those great teammates, wheeling and dealing to build up the budget, winning trophies to build reputation and also budget. That can be a slow process, so it may be easier to start with a top club (but I personally like the challenge of building things up). 

As to how to do all that, it's definitely worth getting tips from others by reading the careers on here as @BatiGoal suggests. Also definitely worth writing up your career, explaining why you've done certain things - people will then chip in and offer advice, either confirming your on the right track or offering alternatives that may be better.

Also, be persistent - just keep going! Sometimes it looks like you're going to fail or it's not going to work and you just need to push through that. Obviously sometimes you do fail (Mitrovic for me), but other times it looks like you will, but you push through it and keep going and it comes good in the end (can't tell you how many times I gave up on Armstrong, but he made it).

Hope you go ahead and you give this a go and if you do, please write it up! :)

2 hours ago, scratch99 said:

Are we talking for a 1KC? Or something else? Like @rseven says you need to know that first, as everything depends on that. Anyway, I'll assume it's a goal scoring challenge.

You obviously need a tactic that works for that player and gives him the most chances. And all players are a little different, so what works for one player may not work for another one (Armstrong's tactic worked great for him, but not Mitrovic). I found actually watching extended highlights for a few games helped a lot, as I saw things that needed to be fixed (striker taking corners, other players in their space). Then it's a matter of tweaking the tactic to fix those problems. Rinse and repeat every so often.

Also, you need to surround him with the best teammates. Players that are fantastic, but that fit the tactic well. Some with high creativity and passing skills, to create more chances. And ones with high teamwork so they pass, instead of taking a shot themselves. Players who have a history of providing assists. etc...

To get the best teammates you either need lots of $$$ (ie a top club) or you need to build the team up: buying promising youngsters who become those great teammates, wheeling and dealing to build up the budget, winning trophies to build reputation and also budget. That can be a slow process, so it may be easier to start with a top club (but I personally like the challenge of building things up). 

As to how to do all that, it's definitely worth getting tips from others by reading the careers on here as @BatiGoal suggests. Also definitely worth writing up your career, explaining why you've done certain things - people will then chip in and offer advice, either confirming your on the right track or offering alternatives that may be better.

Also, be persistent - just keep going! Sometimes it looks like you're going to fail or it's not going to work and you just need to push through that. Obviously sometimes you do fail (Mitrovic for me), but other times it looks like you will, but you push through it and keep going and it comes good in the end (can't tell you how many times I gave up on Armstrong, but he made it).

Hope you go ahead and you give this a go and if you do, please write it up! :)

4 hours ago, rseven said:

I think you should ask yourselve some question, then plan your strategy.

1. Who is the key player you want to build the team with?

2. What is your expectation for this key player? For the team?

3. What is the advantage of this player? What is the weak point?

4. What is the advantage of current squad? Where is the weak point?

both of these are good advices thank you guys for your comments and @scratch99 I am already three years into the career started out at Southampton now at Lazio and while I was at Southampton I found this young evogen  in Argentina so I bought him but have brought him to Lazio with and he looks very good and I would love to build a team around him he is 18 and plays in the center of the pitch

You've already gotten good advices both as @rseven said you have to ask yourself some questions for example if the player in question is a winger and you don't have any other wingers in the team do you have the money to go and by at least one other good winger and 2 decent backups or is it better to sell him and use the money else where.

And by building a team around a player do you mean building a team team that revolves around one player in a way that the player is responsible for creating all the chances for your team or scoring the goals for the team? Or do you mean building a team for the future that includes that player?