Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mcandrew003

5 editor features that can enhance your game

Good afternoon everybody and welcome to this article, where I will run over 5 things you can use the editor for to enhance your current or future careers on FMM. The IGE is a wonderful tool when used correctly, as I have found with my Chairman save, so how can you guys use it to your advantage? Read on to find out!

1. Create your own club with more control

As promising as MyClub was when first introduced, it hasn't quite lived up to expectation, with limited options when creating the club of your dreams. With no control over finance among other small details, the In Game Editor can help input these featuresIMG_5952.thumb.PNG.d438f47204bb486caa3dddab207237ef.PNG

As you can see, you have lots of control over things like Finance, Stadium capacity and attendance and the facilities your club has, meaning you can mould the club in your exact image.

2. Using it for challenge purposes

From what I gather, few people have thought to use the IGE for challenge purposes over he years, due to a lack of ways of no cheating being shown. However, as UkFootballScore has shown us a few years ago, it is possible to make a challenge scenario, with his 'Win one take one' challenge being very interesting back when it was first created. 

IMG_5957.thumb.PNG.2d8e921d80bbdad31fa8a546e66f963e.PNG

Having that little symbol in the corner gives you so much power in a challenge creating sense, wether you are the agent of a manager, or need to release someone every month, there are so many options.

3. Editing that awful player ( not permitted in challenge scenarios unless specific rules)

IMG_5953.thumb.PNG.05038cad6e4f779114c2492faef3d695.PNG

Ever bought a player and saw he is actually awful? Well with he editor, you can iron out these inconsistencies easily. Maybe he needs that 1 extra pace, or his stamina is just a bit too low, the editor is useful for upgrading your mediocre players to become world beaters (not recommended in challenge scenarios)

4. Flexibility when needed

The editor has so many features, including being able to edit positions. This can be fantastic when you discover your new Winger actually CANT play on the left side, only the right. Or maybe instead of being a Winger, you want your wide player to cut inside, and change his favourite foot and his role? 

IMG_5954.thumb.PNG.8615c14918b8810ae8598af8e1abaaee.PNG

The editor allows much flexibility in this regard, and can be the difference in a personal challenge or just a stand alone save.

5. Using it for experimental purposes

Maybe you are like me and many other FMM players and want to see what happens in certain scenarios?

IMG_5955.thumb.PNG.2293d6d77129b1ef9ea9d5797ef0c256.PNG

By editing Player and club stats, you can conduct experiments within the walls of your game! Maybe you want to edit the reputation and see what happens to Manchester United? Or maybe, you want to see what happens if Gareth Bale goes back to Southampton by editing his club? Either way, there is so much choice! 

The reason I post this is because the editor is barely used on the site these days, and there is so much potential if the editor is in the right hands! I would love to see some challenge ideas using the editor! Thanks for reading!

I have found I use the editor for a few things mainly

1. Changing my clubs away kit every season, most clubs do it IRL anyway
  2. If I have a youngster I cannot move out on loan, I will edit there club to a Lower League Side, and re-edit them back at the end of a season
  3. If a player won't re-train, I will force it with the editor, especially if I want to keep that player
  4. I always play what I call an ultimate cheat game once every new game, so use it to make the ultimate sugar daddy save.

Great read anyway mate

Fozz

The best uses of IGE has to be clearing player unhappiness.

Personally, my best uses of IGE is wiping United of The Prem with the Editor godly powers. 

Screenshot_20170326-175806.thumb.png.9b78e4a59cda32e7785f8c45b31e899c.png

I think points 3 and 4 ruin the game realistically as you can't just force a position upon a player or have players improve magically. Rather than just using the editor I much rather preservere a bad transfer or use new players. I think that it's important to state that perseverance is one of the key qualities needed to be successful at the game.

I completely agree with you mate, I'm against the editor being used for cheating purposes myself and id much rather develop players and sign youngsters. I don't not think I've cheated with it before in a career, not one on Vibe anyway. Just thought I'd pop them in there for newer members or people who are bored of their save

chees for the comment mate @Granit Xhaxa

Can't bring myself to play with it. I got it on 2014 (I think the first time it released?) and I found myself using it for scouting, raising morale and boosting transfer funds marginally. I really appreciate the realism of FM so it took all the fun out of the game for me.

But for those who do like using IGE this topic pretty much pinpoints it's best uses. Would definitely add its scouting capabilities in there though, thanks for posting mate.

Same as me then mate, wouldn't use it in a serious career, wouldn't even think about it. The only time I use it now is for experiments and my Board thread on here. Will add that when I get the opportunity mate. Thanks for the comment! @Jack