Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career When Life Gives You Lemons...

When Life Gives You Lemons...

Hello and welcome to this new career! Before I begin, this will be a kind of in between save for when I post my updates on The Journey, as I need something to keep me busy in between. This is a save I have recently thought up after looking for a secondary career, and I am looking forward to embarking on it! 

The Career

'When life gives you lemons, make lemonade" is a proverbial phrase used to encourage optimism and a positive can-do attitude in the face of adversity or misfortune'

In this career, I will attempt a number of challenges I have had my eye on, all mixed into one! Here they are:

80 Goals around the world challenge ( @Taff )

Alphabet Goal Challenge ( @Ashez )

Goal A Minute Challenge ( @Ashez )

Converted Winger Challenge ( @danovic78 )

All of these, mixed into one! So, I have to score 80 goals each with a winger playing up front, and each time they must be a different nationality and last name letter. Also, these combined players must score in every minute of the game! 

Mammoth of a thing, right? I am insisting on calling this, Challenge Supreme

The Team and Player

Gonna let you guys decide this one. If I don't get enough votes by a certain date, I will choose myself, but I'm hoping the community will pick our next hero! 

Why this?

Well, I want to prove to myself and all of you that I can complete player challenges. Also, my previous failed attempt S with player challenges have driven me to play one where I WILL succeed, hence the following challenge. Finally, I have had my eye on a few of these challenges for a while, and couldn't decide which one to do! 

Please leave a comment on who I should start with, both club and player wise, and thanks for reading! 

(Note: due to both careers being quite large scale, updates on each will take longer than usual, I hope this is ok!)

Hector Villalba at Braga? ?? just kidding, what countries/leagues are included in the challenge? Or what leagues do you plan on loading?

Holland maybe a good shout for the league and you could start with Ajax and Anwar El Gazhi (I think thats his name) a decent striker who can play up front

Good luck dude, this is a mammoth sized task

Nice idea mate :laugh: I'm loading my main League, Spain,Italy and Germany, still undecided on main League and team tho. Cheers mate @Brenty92

El Ghazi is a good shout mate, aswell as Ajax. Will add to a list. 

Cheers mate @Taff

Alright ladies and gentlemen, here is, the grand revealing! The club I have chosen to undertake this challenge with is none other than...

IMG_5963.JPG.1f294ffec2ff8b55e1451e8b8ab8774e.JPG

A suggestion by @Taff, it seemed a logical option and a good one at that. The player I have chosen, I think you will all find rather unexpected, but I'm not sure. The converted Winger challenge says the player must be at the club already, whilst the 80 goals around the world challenge stated they must be of the same nationality as the club. So with this criteria in mind, I present...

IMG_5961.thumb.PNG.77de6878c00bd8b118dfeecf7f5b0d9a.PNG

May look underwhelming, but scored 2 goals on his first friendly, so looking forward to using him! Thanks for the support and leave your thoughts on the club and player, and keep an eye out for Update 1!

Luckily he isn't at Ajax on my save, he's moved to Lille, so didn't couldn't chose him. Haven't had great experiences with him in the past, but seeing as you don't like him, I'm glad he's gone! 

Cheers for the comment mate! @samhardy

This doesn't look like your traditional inbetween save unless you're Mcandrew003 :D

This could be epic. Looking forward to your adventures. Goodluck!

I made this last month but never followed through until now, guess I just thought I'd go all out :laugh:

Cheers mate, I'm hoping it's a good career for people to follow, although there is little chance of completing it, as I'm not gonna get 25 players to 80 goals each, but I'll give it my best! Thanks for the comment! @BatiGoal

Update 1

Man that OME engine is quick, played through the season in about 3 hours! Anyway, welcome to the first update of CHALLENGE SUPREME! Before we start, I want to say, this season was dreadful. Like I mean 'Ajax finished 4th and didn't win anything' dreadful. It took me a lot of courage to post this :laugh:

Hello and welcome to Amsterdam! The place I see beatiful, but the people are angry. VERY ANGRY. Why you may ask? Well...

IMG_5993.thumb.PNG.30a908fed3aeff346be2a467935b5827.PNG

Yes, it was a dreadful season for the Amsterdam club, not winning a single trophy and failing royaly in the league. We scored only 39 goals, and I'm confused about what to do with the team.

Competitions

IMG_5991.PNG.6967eab5013dcd2b5890c6ab3fa0ffec.PNG

Don't look at it too long, you might cry like me :laugh:

The main event

Nouri

Spoiler

IMG_5984.thumb.PNG.336dcd71a55a5e11089d3e8cb0531920.PNG

Actually a dreadful player, glad I'm getting rid of him!

IMG_5985.thumb.PNG.1bd600cdf11011b182ed0e918ecfbb45.PNG

PHEW! The minimum required for the Converted Winger challenge is 30, whilst the same is with the Alphabet challenge. This means I can cross N off the list. Still a poor season tho...

Player Progress

Spoiler

IMG_5986.thumb.PNG.098efdb536eafd10707e337632036d82.PNG

Crazy dips and rises because of Injury and stuff like that!

Other

Spoiler

IMG_5987.thumb.PNG.906041fd61cecdb89730f900edd2dc27.PNG

Tactical help please?

IMG_5988.thumb.PNG.23e7ba1c300e791cadc694a2c1c8ab25.PNGIMG_5989.thumb.PNG.2bd4f9cbe0d361db73295b2570123c34.PNGIMG_5990.thumb.PNG.d397252ff24c01c010db026bc9bca737.PNGKind of worked in the last few games, but couldn't put anything solid together throughout the season. 

Season Review

We move on from Nouri, but a poor season which leaves me on the brink of being sacked. Hopefully, we can move on next year with your guys help, and bring home the 50 goals required to hit 80 for the Dutch lads.

(Note: To make it more possible to complete the alphabet challenge, I will switch players each season, but for the 80 GATW challenge, I will instead of using one player, use one nationality. I hope this is ok and I don't excpect to be on the leaderboard for it)

please leave a comment and some tactical advice, i need it! Thanks for reading!

IMG_5992.PNG

The Goal/Min is such a pain to sort but a joy once completed. The actual challenge is with a single player only, which is pretty tough as it took me exactly 10 seasons to complete during my 1KC, but this is still a nice side gig.

Bumpy start but things can only improve. Keep going!

Yeah, the goal a Minute is difficult, as you say. I'm going to try and complete it once for each nationality I do, so hopefully I can do that a few times. 

2 in 2 so far for my Striker this year, but I've got to conquer Turkey before I continue with Balikesirspor! @BatiGoal

And people say I'm crazy! ;)  Really looking forward to watching how you go with this. Tough season, but you get those sometimes, especially at the start. 

As for the tactic, did the wide AFs score a lot? I'd probably drop them back to Wingers (or wide APs, but IFs score too much and pass too little).

We're gonna have to form a crazy gang or something :D

First season was awful mate, I agree with that, but second year is going better, currently 9 in 10 for my winger/striker! 

The AF's didn't get an awful amount of goals, although still too many for my liking. This year it seems slightly better, although they are still taking my strikers chances a few times, but time will tell if it's going to be a better year. 

Cheers mate @scratch99

When life gives you a winger with 10 shooting, you get the bare minimum;) But a slow start was expected especially in Europe due to such a young squad. I'm sure that you'll only improve.

RE: Tactics

On OME you're best off just playing your best players in a solid formation and allowing the AI to pick roles and then switching players around so that they're able to play the role competently unfortunately as logic is completely disregarded. Regarding the tactic you're using currently Counter-Attack probably isn't best when you're trying to score as many goals as you can. Maybe also turn the AFs into DLFs so that the striker has rebounds to get onto.

When life gives you an Alphabet Challenge, don't go for a 16-year old. Not surprised he was so inconsistent. But now you get to call upon the likes of Bernardo Silva and Bernard, so it worked out after all.

:laugh: it's not quite as bad this season...

I might change AF's then, and I'll change the counter attack option aswell and see how it goes, cheers mate! @Granit Xhaxa

I agree mate, he was dreadful :laugh:

This year it's better, although I've gone with someone with the letter P as their last name, as I believe you can do it any order. I've got 9 in 10 so far, and I only need to hit 30 to carry on, so hopefully I can do it! Cheers mate @Seth Anacondas