Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career When Life Gives You Lemons...

Hey Guys

Just want to say sorry for the lack of updates on all of my careers this week, been quite busy and things have popped up. An update for this career should be up at the weekend, followed by one on either my Journey save, or my and Brenty92's H2H. 

Cheers

Update 2

IMG_5962.JPG.f2ea5b6ea2a7adc66763874bf981efa9.JPG

Boom! I'm back with a bang. After a week or so of infrequent posting and next to no updates, I'm back to bring you update 2 of When Life Gives You Lemons! Just an apology for the lack of posting, had a busy week and now my IPad is smashed :@ Anyway, let's get on with the update, shall we?

Transfers

After an appalling season last year, I decided to bring in some back ups and quality first teamers to fill the squad.

IMG_6267.thumb.PNG.f658168cdede90fa456a5e87ee0f92fd.PNG

Heinloth comes in as our 2nd choice RB, Muñoz is our Back Up CB and Serdar is our first choice CDM. A few youth players came through aswell.

IMG_6268.thumb.PNG.06ad2dd26b459ba3bd6ccf25e6e5bfa2.PNG

Only 2 transfers out, one was a cool 9M deal for our star of last year Nouri, and the other the release of a youth player.

Competitions

Below are the screenshots of how we fared in our competitions except the league. 

Dutch Cup

Spoiler

IMG_6274.thumb.PNG.a1b5a6ebcfa6e62e60654026a3d8d4c1.PNG

A rather annoying defeat to Alkmaar in the Semi's, we were the dominant side in the game, we let ourselves down!

Europa League

Spoiler

IMG_6275.thumb.PNG.ee75dc4a9ebea373ff93e9300f8b53f2.PNG

A fairly decent run in the Europa League see's us pitted against Portuguese giants Lisbon, where we succumb to a 3-1 Agg loss. Annoyed :@

Team Statistics

Just a few stats for the overall team before we move onto the good stuff....

Goals

IMG_6283.thumb.PNG.845a8babdbb0b53eb94ba8a1db0540eb.PNG

Not letting you see that number just yet....:laugh:

Assists

IMG_6284.thumb.PNG.f349e4699532d1bbf1f71ab4bca78487.PNG

Assists coming from all around the park, very happy with that number. 

Average Rating

IMG_6285.thumb.PNG.c34f4d2e0050c218317ae299903c86a4.PNG

Serdar stole the show! Such a bargain, may be one of my best ever signings!

Eredivisie 

After an extremely poor 4th place last season, could we do better with minimal summer additions and barely any change in tactics?

IMG_6263.thumb.PNG.f68fb323efeb8ec198804012ff28d948.PNG

Yes we could! A 10 point gap between 1st and 2nd, and a decent GD. Was really pleased with this year as a whole.

Other

A few awards here and there....

IMG_6262.thumb.PNG.facebdc05b95af3de90e3a991e3e46c7.PNGIMG_6261.thumb.PNG.6f354bbe803fda6db56c7fc3f5a16d55.PNG

Also, Serdar won YPOTY

IMG_6281.thumb.PNG.e5eacb01ad8fe12af2d77210c0af28c4.PNG

Looking better than last year, the squad aren't happy though!

The Main Event

So, I've kept you waiting long enough haven't I? Let's begin with meeting the player of choice....

IMG_6264.thumb.PNG.6dc59443d8099aba55aa87a89692536e.PNG

Super Mitchy Paulissen. Some decent stats in there, technique and crossing among them,certainly not a striker though. His form is pretty good though, so he must have done something right, mustn't he?

IMG_6265.thumb.PNG.9508fad1a06cb0c7fc6b621b931b561f.PNG

There you go. I'm personally happy with 53, it means we can move onto another nation, but I felt we could have hit numbers closer to 60-65 were it not for Injury and Dry spells. Managed to score more than he played, which is a massive bonus, and life goes on! 

Form

IMG_6266.thumb.PNG.65231795f59a1fafb6b91cd0b17d4aa3.PNG

Just his for, toward the end of the season, not as prolific as I'd like, but still pretty good.

To Finish....

So, a decent season see's us move to another country, and another letter. Will we be as successful next time? Or will we fall at the first hurdle? Thanks for reading and please leave a comment on your thought about anything about this career. Cheers!

IMG_6280.PNG

IMG_6279.PNG

IMG_6278.PNG

IMG_6276.PNG

IMG_6272.PNG

IMG_6277.PNG

53gls with Paulissen?? That's really good, mate! I'm impressed. Cherish that tactic.. write it down.. back up those screenshots.. will definitely come in handy for other challenges. 

Looking forward to the next league.

Dear Vibe Community....

After playing this save for a few weeks, it has come to my attention it may be hard for you guys to follow. Because of this, I will leave the following decision for you guys to decide....

Would you rather see me continue with this career, or go for a different high grade challenge that is easier to understand ( Like a 1KC, Double Trouble etc....)

Please be brutally honest with me. Cheers!

• 80 Goals around the world challenge
  • Alphabet Goal Challenge
  • Goal A Minute Challenge
  • Converted Winger Challenge

They're all challenges that aren't being played at the moment, I like that. Maybe complete 1 of these and move on? I think I know how you feel -I'm having trouble finding the motivation to continue my own Viking Challenge- but if you really don't enjoy a certain save anymore then I'd say let it go and move on. Or don't start new saves until you finish what you're playing ;)

Nice shout bud, may consider that. It's not so much that I can't find motivation, but it's the fact that I've found a killer tactic and kind of want to try something that will get more people's interest. I've got 3 at the moment ( The Journey, this and the H2H with Brenty92) but to be fair, I'm not struggling to upload too much as I've finished the second year of the H2H, and almost finished season 6 of The Journey, so I'm on schedule really. Shame about the Viking challenge but can see where you are coming from, I've had the same feeling before. I think you have earned enough respect after the Bazoer save to try something else if need be.

Cheers mate. @BatiGoal

19 hours ago, mcandrew003 said:

Dear Vibe Community....

After playing this save for a few weeks, it has come to my attention it may be hard for you guys to follow. Because of this, I will leave the following decision for you guys to decide....

Would you rather see me continue with this career, or go for a different high grade challenge that is easier to understand ( Like a 1KC, Double Trouble etc....)

Please be brutally honest with me. Cheers!

Keep this going, its awesome! 4 more years, 4 more years!

Will do pal! Only issue is, I might stay with Ajax and do different nationality players rather than movement to a new club. I think I'm allowed to stay with Ajax anyway, so we'll see what happens.

@AndersJ

Hi guys

After unseen circumstances, this save is going to be put on hold for a few days/weeks. Nothing to do with you guys, just need something a bit lighter to post for a short while. I can confirm I have started Season 3, so will definitely continue this, but for now it's on a brief pause. Regarding The Journey, will try to pour ahead with that, but updates may take a bit longer. My H2H with Brenty92 is still on and will roll on as expected, however. Meanwhile, I will be posting a lighter Team based challenge for you guys to follow, so keep an eye out for that. This won't be forever, just for a few weeks or so. Thanks for understanding.