Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Tales of Viking Chief BatiGøal

Good job pal, nice to see you get out of the starting blocks this time around! Looking forward to seeing how your warriors will deal with the resistance you will face!

@kts365 A freebie -Forren- and quality enough to make the starting 11. Definitely happy to have this Viking fighting for me.

@mcandrew003 Thanks. If the formation/tactics do what I have in mind we should do well in our debut season ;)

9 hours ago, Brenty92 said:

Bring on part 3! Got some good little players in the squad now!

The rest of the Viking DB are either Badass, which I can't afford, or Rather Not, which I.. rather not have :) so I'm pretty much stuck with the current group right now, no room for additions anytime soon. Can't wait to see how we get on tho.

I feel like this save's success will depend on how lucky you're going to get with the number of Viking 16 year olds generated by the game.

May the odds be ever in your favor.

Great read! Shame about Leeds, that would have been nice, but good job putting together a decent squad at Middlesborough. Now how well will they perform? Can't wait to see.

Some names to consider next time you're buying: Ajer at Celtic develops nicely (at least for me) - probably not world class, but you could use him for a few seasons. Rasmus Nissen Kristensen is even better and happy to retrain positions - not sure where I bought him from right now (not got the game open), but he's worth looking for.

Done well there Bati, I love Thern! Was one my favourite players last year, mainly used him during my time at Ajax during the Riv/Pele save. Hopefully he does enough to impress in England :) 

8 hours ago, veerus said:

I feel like this save's success will depend on how lucky you're going to get with the number of Viking 16 year olds generated by the game.

May the odds be ever in your favor.

Wrong, the success will entirely depend on whether the wine supply onboard my Viking Ship is enough ;)

No mate, you're right, will have a fair impact indeed.

4 hours ago, scratch99 said:

Great read! Shame about Leeds, that would have been nice, but good job putting together a decent squad at Middlesborough. Now how well will they perform? Can't wait to see.

Some names to consider next time you're buying: Ajer at Celtic develops nicely (at least for me) - probably not world class, but you could use him for a few seasons. Rasmus Nissen Kristensen is even better and happy to retrain positions - not sure where I bought him from right now (not got the game open), but he's worth looking for.

Thanks a lot. Bummer Leeds banished me from their lands as I was really hoping to start this adventure in a lower division and work my way up, ah well, gives me an extra rival hehe! Those names don't ring a bell tbh. I may have tried to convine the pair to join to no avail for different reasons, but will have another look. Thanks for the suggestion.

3 hours ago, Ashez said:

Done well there Bati, I love Thern! Was one my favourite players last year, mainly used him during my time at Ajax during the Riv/Pele save. Hopefully he does enough to impress in England :) 

I hope he does as he was the player I forked out the most for. Didn't want to spend over 5M on any player as we're working a tight budget as it is but we need quality. Simple as that. Still got about 10-12 (demoted) players that need to leave, which would alleviate the current financial constraints somewhat, but no takers yet. Thanks for the thumbs up.

1 hour ago, Thepremiermanager said:

Interesting start @BatiGoal. Looking forward to finding out how your invaders get on.

I'm sure the gods will smile kindly on the Norsemen.

Thanks TPM, hope they do indeed. Quite busy for the next few days but hope to have an update out before next weekend.

Love this ruthless challenge!! Not allowing yourself any non vikings even from the start.. What will you do when Brexit kicks in.?

Sorry @BatiGoal, just caught up with this and wow, you are really setting yourself up here for either a supreme victory or total destruction (pretty much the Viking way)

Good luck and let the slaughter begin 

1 hour ago, Snip said:

Love this ruthless challenge!! Not allowing yourself any non vikings even from the start.. What will you do when Brexit kicks in.?

Thanks for the comment. The plan is to have a young and talented side by then that doesn't need any squad additions. And that will be good enough to complete the challenge with just training and gametime. That's the plan.

1 hour ago, Taff said:

Sorry @BatiGoal, just caught up with this and wow, you are really setting yourself up here for either a supreme victory or total destruction (pretty much the Viking way)

Good luck and let the slaughter begin 

Bit slow here this week. Have yet to start the season :) cheers mate!

12 hours ago, Joewins said:

Two Words - Alexander Isak

16yo and 12M. Will need 20+M to lure him away. Thanks for the suggestion but I'm not even close to being able to afford this guy.

6 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

16yo and 12M. Will need 20+M to lure him away. Thanks for the suggestion but I'm not even close to being able to afford this guy.

When does his contract expire? Might be able to get him on a free in a couple of years (although you'll probably have budget by then anyway)..

On 4/27/2017 at 18:01, scratch99 said:

When does his contract expire? Might be able to get him on a free in a couple of years (although you'll probably have budget by then anyway)..

I have to look into that possibility for pretty much any Viking I can find with the unattractive budgets I'm working with at the moment. 

Top reminder, thanks. Late reply I know, sorry, .. riding a slightly less sparkly wave as of late :unamused: no worries tho, the mini break will be followed by an update.

Tales of Viking Chief BatiGøal - Part 4

It's been a little while since the last update so let me refresh your memory real quick before we carry on..

• I am legendary Viking Chief BatiGøal - son to the Great Viking Chief Batinæs Gøalvar.
  • In order to carry on my father's legacy I'm off to England to conquer new lands.
  • Blood, beer and women ..and a trail of destruction.. lead me to the city of Leeds.
  • I kill those standing in my way and take the city with an army of Vikings.
  • I am betrayed by an unknown source leaving me behind with an army of just 6 men.
  • Leeds' locals retake their city forcing me to flee to the Northern Lands.
  • - FIRST CHALLENGE ATTEMPT FAILED EPICALLY -
  • A more handsome dose of blood, beer and women take me to the city of Middlesbrough.
  • An army of my 21 most loyal and trusted Viking men take the industrial town on the river Tees.
  • We call ourselves Boro and aim to conquer England and the World.
  • Boro consist of 7 Danes - 4 Norwegians - 10 Swedes - an All-Viking army.

Now that you've soaked in the latest information let's get this mini update underway..

Viking Tactical Set Up: 3-3-4 / 3-1-2-4

VikingOf222.png

One of the Challenge Rules was to select a King and a Warlord. Their aim is to end the season as the best player in the land and the most prolific goalscorer respectively. Of course I could've gone for one of the Rather Nots in my squad -if King or Warlord fail to meet their objectives they are banished from the lands never to be seen or heard from again- but I'm not shying away from any challenge. I'm confident both Viktor and Marcus can meet their goal as I have faith in both Vikings as well as the tactical set up with 4 forwards up front. It's a proven formation (for me) so I know what to expect, altho it may take some time for these Vikings to grow accustomed to it plus the fact that they need a few competitive games and training time to grow stronger and compete in the EPL.

King - Viktor Fischer (Denmark)

Spoiler

VikingOff4.png

Warlord - Marcus Antonsson (Sweden)

Spoiler

VikingOff6.png

Tales of Viking Chief BatiGøal - Part 5

A turn of events no one saw coming...

A very young King like the youngest of Ragnars sons, great epic story you are forming here, best of luck and hopefully you will get to Valhalla ???

Yeah, I'm a bit scared what sort of mayhem BG is going to unleash on the unsuspecting inhabitants of the Premier League... At least he didn't go with a really aggressive approach (with 5 up front)! :)

Some collection of names of the commentors up here. If I'm ever to replace one of my comrades onboard the viking ship I'll come calling to you lot.

• McAndrew - Booze Boy - in charge of maintaining a healthy supply of booze for the shipmen throughtout the tales. A job for the most loyal man onboard.
  • Taff - Toughie Taff - in charge of upholding the shipmen's standard of toughness. Softies are fed to the sharks. A job for the blood-thirstiest on the ship.
  • AndersJ - The Administrator / A.K.A. the Danish Cannibal - in charge of maintaining an All-Viking squad onboard. As a Pure Blood himself he has a nasty habit eating non-Vikings for brunch.
  • Eogtuc - Doctor "troll" Drunk - never spotted in a sober state, hence his unpronouncable name, a name many a troll go by in the Viking Lands. In charge of providing medical care / emotional support to the ship's men.
  • Scratch - Swordsman Scratch - the blacksmith who provides the men with Vikings' finest swords of the lands. Don't ever -I mean ever- ask the man how he got his name. EVER.

There's a future for you people :)

1 minute ago, Ashez said:

Haha. Never rated Fischer, always seem him as massively overrated in game. 

Spoiler

Me too always played well below avg, but I can't say that in front of the Chief 

YOUR WRONG INTERLOPER AND YOU WILL FACE THE WRATH OF THE VIKING HOARDS FOR YOUR INSOLENCE