Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tactics 4-3-3 Help (EME) Needed

DaBla27

Hi,

I had a previous post with this exact same save looking for tactical help, which gave me ideas and seemed to work for a short while.  I genuinely think with EME there is no real way, for me anyway, of getting a consistent set up.  It's utterly infuriating at times.  You always seem to be lured into a false sense with a set up, with something appearing to be working well then bang, you are getting pumped no end by very average sides. EME feels as if there is some form of handicap applied so no matter how good your side is and tactics are, the game evens itself out. If I have 20 shots, 10 on target and 4 CCC then funnily enough so do the opposition.  Adversely if I have 2 shots, 0 on target and no CCC then so do the opposition.  This appears to happen far too often.

Anyway, that's just a bit of a moan. I'm probably just mince at the game but I really want to enjoy it and absolutely no matter what I seem to try it fails.

My current set up is the following:IMG_0861.thumb.PNG.8c274a6798b94d2ceb096680bf1415bd.PNG

IMG_0855.thumb.PNG.0639e374b2cc18570d04867f97e69adb.PNG

I would say I have a pretty good set of players but I am far too inconsistent:

IMG_0856.thumb.PNG.dfb2841394c383e2f2311f63df0ec8b3.PNGIMG_0857.thumb.PNG.526b7ce592f28deb83c6c9feec859208.PNGAs you can see, im the space of a month I have an excellent spell, including wins at home to Dortmund and at home to Real Madrid.  Then boom, the invisible EME handicap appears to kick in and results just go down the toilet.  

I am getting absolutely nothing out of my midfielders either in the way of assists and goals. Probably due to them all being CM. Thing is, if I dare deviate from that then it actually cripples my team. The midfielders are the following:

IMG_0858.thumb.PNG.c5dd5fc943dc40fe0790bb6137d71eab.PNGIMG_0859.thumb.PNG.354ce11c7c82b511cc8dfbee2d81ef6a.PNGIMG_0860.thumb.PNG.5ec84d337fe3c9bb1fb3fd41a398effb.PNGI honestly think this is my last attempt at this game as I don't think I have the mental energy to spend much more time on trying to get something out if it. It's quite depressing, I absolutely love the game but it is so infuriating it's unbelievable.

Any advice/help what so ever would be excellent!

IMG_0854.PNG

4 hours ago, DaBla27 said:

I am getting absolutely nothing out of my midfielders either in the way of assists and goals. Probably due to them all being CM. Thing is, if I dare deviate from that then it actually cripples my team. The midfielders are the following:

That would be my guess too.  You can't expect your midfielders to help with attack when you specifically instruct them to not do that.  Try BBM-DLP-BBM, or if you like playing CMs, could do CM-DLP-AP.  Or, if 3x CM is the only thing working for you, try changing the team mentality to attacking to encourage the CMs to come forward more.

Also, you should also make your FBs into WBs.  Since you're playing without wingers, you lack much support from the flanks so your attack is very predictable and, as a consequence, unpredictable.

There's a recent thread on player roles by BatiGoal that I bumped a couple days ago.  Look it up - it will help you understand the roles better.

Mate, another question is, do you want to dominate games and play attacking or do you want to play balanced ? Whats your goal with the tactic ?

3 hours ago, veerus said:

There's a recent thread on player roles by BatiGoal that I bumped a couple days ago.  Look it up - it will help you understand the roles better.

Ok will have a look thanks.

2 hours ago, AndersJ said:

Mate, another question is, do you want to dominate games and play attacking or do you want to play balanced ? Whats your goal with the tactic ?

I would love to play an attacking style that dominated games and scored a tonne of goals but personally I find that as soon as you tick that "attacking" option you are far too open to a CCC and get hit on the break consistently.  Hence the reason for me going balanced.  If I was able to really boss games in terms of possession, shots, CCC on a consistent basis then I would be happy.  And I don't mean 35 shots and 10 CCC or anything like that.  I would just like to be able to beat the likes of a Bayern at home quite comfortably which I have done, but then not go and get absolutely dominated by the team in relegation away the next game.

Probably sounding like a right moan here and it's not intentional.  I just want to get that feeling where I can sit and enjoy the game.  Last time I had that was on OME and I could play that again but it would feel like a step back.

I completely understand what you meen, did you look around in the tactics section, what others have done ? And did you read Batigoals TKO thread ? 

7 minutes ago, AndersJ said:

I completely understand what you meen, did you look around in the tactics section, what others have done ? And did you read Batigoals TKO thread ? 

I have read his TKO thread and it's tempting but I also want to keep a level of realism to my game.  There is absolutely no arguing with what he has done there but it borders on the bizzare and I would do it would work in real life, however would be happy to be proven wrong on that one.  Just don't think many managers in real life would try it.

I am constantly looking around the tactics posted in here.  Also look at the tactics used during certain challenges that the guys do on here but I just never seem to be able to have any luck with any of it.

Ok let's have look at your goals and how you could achieve them with the team you've got.

9 hours ago, DaBla27 said:

Attacking style that dominated games and scored a tonne of goals.

This is probably the easiest aim to achive as its easily solved by playing 3 central strikers or a front 4. In the game one of the most evident way of playing attacking or defensive it by putting players in the attacking or defensive position alternative. For example playing a DL in the DML positon or a AML in the ML position. Of the two options given I would rather use a forward 3 as it leaves more player to be put in defensive positions and requires less strikers altogether (backups, rotation).

10 hours ago, DaBla27 said:

I find that as soon as you tick that "attacking" option you are far too open to a CCC and get hit on the break consistently.

Putting mentality on attacking doesn't mean better attacks but much rather more frequent attacks and I wouldn't pay to much attention to CCC as the stats in the game, specifically the EME, are known to have issues. In terms of the tactics that youre are currently using I'd use Ofori as a DLP and could I have the stats of the player who are being used as IFs please? Could I also have some match stats and see the league table?