Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help Second team/reserves at smaller clubs

RanoNL

I started a season with Fortuna Sittard. One of the smallest clubs in the second division of the Netherlands. As all teams have, they have a second team. But all they players are generated and grey. What do you guys/girls do with your second team in a smaller club? Do you make them real players by offering a one-year contract? Or do you let them be and never use the second team?

IMG_0082.PNG

IMG_0083.PNG

I went through a stage where I'd look for players with reasonable attributes and give them contracts, but none of them ever went anywhere, so I gave it up. 

1 hour ago, ExhilaratingEriksen said:

In my experience you can probably find one player that will make it in your first team, but there aren't to many gems in there.

It depends really on the team you are managing

With AC Milan I found a bunch of good players there but with smaller clubs it would be a struggle to find someone that would be good enough for the first team

9 hours ago, scratch99 said:

I went through a stage where I'd look for players with reasonable attributes and give them contracts, but none of them ever went anywhere, so I gave it up. 

I believe in this version they made the grey players worse. I could find a couple gems in prior versions. 0 so far this year so I actually just stopped looking after a while. The 2-3 promising guys I found were .5-1 PA and never improved any attributes despite being young. 

They're only useful in the first season of the game because you often don't have time to build the squad how you want it. 

7 hours ago, veerus said:

The 2-3 promising guys I found were .5-1 PA and never improved any attributes despite being young.

This. Exactly this.