Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help Loss of form

I am currently playing in charge of Leeds united at the moment. Best free transfer I got is Nilmar he has scored a ton of goals for me over two seasons. But maybe this is a bug in the game I do really well gaining top six and more when playing. Then all of a sudden the form drops and I am losing and drawing nearly every game. Any tips on how to improve this?

I get this as well. It makes the game pretty tough at times. I hope the more experienced players have some tips for you.
My gut feeling tells me it might have something to do with adjusting to the tactics of your opponents. But I haven't really looked into that yet.

Please change the career tag to 'help' so more people find this.

Have you been strengthening your team gradually with better players? 

Ok many tx, yes I have made the team stronger with better players. I tend to get the expired contract ones, some old gems there Nilmar is a great out of contract buy.

I haven't had any issues using the same formation/tactics over a long period of time on both OME and EME. Key is to keep improving the players, team and squad much like the opponents around you.

3 minutes ago, Football novice said:

Okay tx I will try that, Amy good tips on improving players. I have tried positive comments with them.

Game time and training (did you place them on IT training?). Otherwise replace with -buy- better ones from the transfer market :) goodluck!

I've found that in general tactics only last a while, then lose effectiveness. Sometimes switching to another one will help and you can swap them every so often. It's a little frustrating, but I guess the other teams work out how you play after a while, so maybe it's realistic.

Also, check the opponents tactics throughout the game. I've seen them put men behind the ball (so maybe I need a more attacking formation) and do things like change to a formation with all their midfield in the centre (no wide players) to jam things up when I'm playing through the centre, so I need to go down the flanks for a while until they change again.

However, if you keep improving your squad as @BatiGoal suggested, at some point they'll be good enough to make tactics work all the time. At that point you probably won't even notice anything. But they have to be pretty good to reach that point.

Apart from that I've found it's good to swap the players around a bit as @KennyMiller27 suggests as player can get a bit 'flat' at times. Someone who is just outside the first eleven can come in and do a better job for a while. I also regularly praise the players who like Private feedback, as I think they play better if their Morale is Superb...