Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games Top Football Manager Cup

Top Football Manager Cup

Welcome to Top Football Manager Cup, people. This is the very first time I'm organizing this TFM Cup so I hope there's enough interest for it and that it goes down well with the Vibe Community. I wouldn't give it a go if I didn't think it could generate some good old fun and good discussion points but one never knows of course. I'm very excited to get this underway.

What is this Top Football Manager Cup all about? Simple. I present a problem or situation with 2 possible scenarios, A and B. I set it up, present the problem, give all the needed information including screenshots if necessary and all you have to do is pick which of the 2 scenarios will be most effective for that particular instance. You then PM me your chosen scenario, A or B, and I play out both and post them in a detailed update. If your chosen scenario does indeed generate the better results, you win, meaning you qualify for the next round where you'll get to play on with the rest of the winners of that round. Losers go home, out, finished, game over.

Do I need to play at all? No. You don't need to actually manage a club or play a career. Your job is very simple, which is why I'm hoping to get lots of people to join. It doesn't require anything from you other than taking a few minutes of your time to read thru the problems and scenarios. All I require from you is a PM stating which scenario you favor without any explanation needed. Once I get all your PMs in -please don't reveal to anyone your chosen scenario until I post all your picks, or it would beat the whole point of this TFM Cup- and I will play out both scenarios and declare the winners of that round.

What sort of problems/scenarios can we expect? All sorts.

• defensive vs attacking formations
  • most suitable new players
  • effectiveness of specific player roles
  • clash of player role combinations front and back
  • most prolific striking duo up front
  • tactics tweaking - substitutions and match settings in-game
  • and so on..

Every circumstance I present is unique and features either a different league, division, team or player. There's litterally thousands of possibilities here and my job is to give you a clear (un)common case you could encounter during one of your FMM careers with two different options on how to tackle it. This will gradually increase in difficulty as we get deeper into this TFM Cup until we are left with the one and only Top Football Manager. So even if you know nothing about this game you still stand a reasonable chance of beating Vibe veterans or even winning it alltogether.

Why play a Cup anyone could win? That's the whole point, isn't it. It's all about fun and bringing people together, whether you think you know it all or are a tactical noob, have years and years of FMH/M under your belt or just bought the game recently, makes no difference. We are all here to share ideas and inspire the next, and I also believe some of the potential scenarios I have in mind -especially those further down the road- could make for excellent discussion points.

Can you give an example? Something like this:

Empoli are facing an incredibly tough first two months of their Serie A season going up against AC Milan, Internazionale, Napoli, AS Roma and Juventus and it's important for the relatively unknown manager -that would be me, BatiGoal- to get off to a flying start and impress both the fans and the board. Which of the two formations is most likely going to get Empoli off to a decent start and produce the most amount of points in the next 15 games vs opponents of that calibre.

• Formation A: defensive 5-3-2 + players, player roles and match settings provided in screenshots.
  • Formation B: attacking 4-2-4 + players, player roles and match settings provided in screenshots.

Everything else will be entirely identical. This is one of the simpler ones I have in mind for you, but I hope you get the gist.

How do I sign up? Just give a shout and drop a comment and you're in. I'll update the OP accordingly.

When do we go live? Depends on the turn out to be honest. If the response is low I'll cancel the idea. If we get enough excited minds we may start in a day or 2, 3, a week. We'll see.

Top Football Manager Cup Rules

• All games will be played by me -BatiGoal- and NOT simulated.
  • All games will be played on EME with the latest update in place.
  • PM me -BatiGoal- your choice (A or B) once the round has started.
  • Do NOT reveal your pick to anyone before the round has closed.
  • Winners qualify for the next round. Losers are out.
  • If a round has 0 winners a new round shall be played with those same players.
  • The last remaining player wins the TOP FOOTBALL MANAGER CUP.

All that rests me to say to you now is: Sign Up! There's no set maximum # of players so the more the better. Looking forward to getting this started.

Managers:

1. Eogtuc0910
  2. mcandrew003
  3. Brenty92
  4. Ashez
  5. Victorezeja
  6. Veerus
  7. Thepremiermanager
  8. ExhilaratingEriksen
  9. Real_Random
  10. AndersJ
  11. Mikee1984
  12. rinclais
  13. arobbo92
  14. Jens
  15. Granit Xhaxa
  16. Taff
  17. Muzza2108
  18. KennyMiller27
  19. Paul186
  20. Idol
  21. Cockers2505
  22. gbohunmi10
  23. Jack
  24. Freddie134
  25. Mr.Manager
  26. Pogba

:)

5 minutes ago, Brenty92 said:

Fixed matches right? ?

Was gonna say, is it to early to throw match fixing allegations? :laugh:

Appreciate the support BG, glad to know you believe in us :S:D

19 minutes ago, Brenty92 said:

Fixed matches right? ?

12 minutes ago, mcandrew003 said:

Was gonna say, is it to early to throw match fixing allegations? :laugh:

Appreciate the support BG, glad to know you believe in us :S:D

Read more  

I'm not joining. I'm merely the host so no match-fixing this time :P

34 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Nice of you to name your competition after me Bati, it's appreciated :)

That counts as a solicitation, sorry :laugh:

2 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

That counts as a solicitation, sorry :laugh:

Err, in that case I best join this thing and make it go down in history as MY tournament! 

Welcome to the big leagues lads ;) 

14 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

I'm not joining. I'm merely the host so no match-fixing this time :P

'This time'

Just want to bring everyone's attention to this statement 

A theory-based tournament where I don't have to actually play the game?  Sounds tailor-made for me!

Spoiler

That's me saying I'm in... :unamused:

I dont really know the game and is certainly not addicted to it or anything, is there a room for a newbie rookie type like me ?

Great to see the interest growing guys, thanks all for joining. Hope you enjoy the ride and stick with us till the end, whether you're whooped out at the early stages or not :)

And yes, it'll be on EME with latest update in place. OP updated. 

8 hours ago, Real_Random said:

I'm in it looks really interesting and luck based

It will be luck based to some extent yes, like the randomness factor that's ever present, but I will try to diminish those by playing a min. # games. Hopefully logic prevails over luck in most cases :)

4 hours ago, Jens said:

I'm sorry everyone, but I'm all sending you home after the first round. Put me down, bae

* SPOILER ALERT * :D

17 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

I knew the minimal effort bit would be the perfect selling point for the majority of you lazy dingdongs :D

You know us so well, you do the hard work and we'll reap the rewards Vibe at it's best