Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games Top Football Manager Cup

3 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

I knew the minimal effort bit would be the perfect selling point for the majority of you lazy dingdongs :D

Isn't that what vibe is really about?...

2 hours ago, samhardy said:

Having personally experienced how corrupt Blatter  @BatiGoal can be behind the scenes I'll be giving this one a miss thanks!

It was a miracle he got to the semis of the CC after all...

Spare yourself the embarrassement. Best choice you made in a long time.

3 hours ago, Muzza2108 said:

In if not too late.

What took you so long? I figured if you joined us at the CC why not here too. :) Good to see you. OP updated. Hope to reach 20 participants before we kick things off.

3 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

What took you so long? I figured if you joined us at the CC why not here too. :) Good to see you. OP updated. Hope to reach 20 participants before we kick things off.

Good stuff ?? Looking forward to this one

1 hour ago, KennyMiller27 said:

Ooh!Count me in!

You're in. Welcome :)

Will give it another day or two, hoping to get 20 names, and should make a start before the weekend. That's the plan.

2 hours ago, Paul186 said:

I will give it a go, sounds fun

1 hour ago, Idol said:

Count me in.

Welcome guys and goodluck!

We have 20 hopefuls at the moment so I think it's time to get the preparations underway.. 

38 minutes ago, Cockers2505 said:

Am I to late mate 

Nope, we're still open so you're in. Welcome and goodluck ;)

Been busy but will try to get this going within a few days.

9 hours ago, gbohunmi10 said:

Put me in

4 hours ago, Jack said:

Sounds like fun... go on then, count me in! :laugh:

Welcome guys. We're starting to have a nice number. Will do my best to post the first round tomorrow (Friday 5th May) latest.

I don't really plan to work with deadlines on this one but obviously we can't wait forever for someone to PM me so I'm thinking of going with 48h after I post each round. I could extend it with an extra 24h if you guys want, suits me either way as I've plenty of things I'm working on at the moment. 

Round 1 shall be posted tomorrow. There's still time for more people to sign up. Pls read OP for all details.

Top Football Manager Cup 2017

- Round One -

TFMround1.png

More details will follow..

It's time..

Top Football Manager Cup 2017

- Round One -

TFMround1.png

First of all, welcome everyone, I'm glad the time has finally come to get this baby underway. We have 23 hopefuls, which is a decent number, and as long as the first round is open (72h) there's still time for new participants to join the TFM Cup 2017.

Let's begin. The Vibe Community geniuses could've guessed that the very first round was going to feature one of those countries in South America. And if you failed to figure out that much no worries, don't say nothing and pretend you did. ;) To be exact, it's going to involve the South America Qualifiers for Russia 2018 only, not the tournament itself. The country that I'm managing has had a terrible start to the qualifying campaign with recent losses to Argentina (home, 0-2) and Colombia (away, 3-0) before they came knocking on my door looking for a brand new manager. A quick 'Yes' followed and here's where we're at..

Uruguay2.png

That's right, we're managing URUGUAY and we've got our work cut out for us. Especially looking at the current table..

Uruguay1.png

This is how things stand. Not the end of the world tbh but it's not great either. Anyways, qualifying is a realistic option and I don't think that is ever going to be in danger, but I want to do a good job. In fact, I want to do the best job I can and do the country and its people proud. But there's more than one way to go about it so here's where you guys come in. You are going to need to make a very important decision. It'll decide the fate of your TFM Cup run so take your time before you pick A or B.

For this round you're going to need to pick the formation that is going to lead Uruguay to the highest finish -> followed by the highest number of points -> followed by the highest goal difference. We are already 6 games in which means there are 12 games left to be played and 36 points to be earned. That's not a whole lot, but should be enough to give us a clear understanding of which of the two formations is the more effective one in this case. When I arrived at the job in Uruguay I met the previous starting 11. These exact 11 will also be featuring in both formations. First let's meet the players..

Uruguay Starting Eleven

Spoiler

Goalkeeper

UruguayPlayer1.png

Defenders

UruguayPlayer5.png

UruguayPlayer4.png

UruguayPlayer3.png

UruguayPlayer2.png

Midfielders

UruguayPlayer7.png

UruguayPlayer11.png

UruguayPlayer6.png

Forwards

UruguayPlayer10.png

UruguayPlayer8.png

UruguayPlayer9.png

Those are our players and will play all (or at least the large majority) of the games. Here are the two formations with the exact same starting eleven.

Formation A  (4-3-3 / 4-2-1-3)

Uruguay4.png

Formation B (4-4-2 / 4-1-2-1-2)

Uruguay3.png

Some info..

• Formation A or B is the original set up I inheritted at the start of my Uruguay career.
  • The original formation has undergone slight modifications incl. giving most players their preferred role.
  • The alternative formation, A or B, has seen several players take on a different position on the pitch.
  • The alternative formation also brought with it some of the starters being assigned a new player role.
  • Godin is your Captain in both formations and both will have the exact same match settings.
  • Match settings: Balanced - Mixed - Mixed - Mixed - Normal. Refinements: No.

Remember the rules..

• All games will be played by me -BatiGoal- and NOT simulated.
  • All games will be played on EME with the latest update in place.
  • PM me -BatiGoal- your choice (A or B) once the round has started.
  • Do NOT reveal your pick to anyone before the round has closed.
  • Winners qualify for the next round. Losers are out.
  • If a round has 0 winners a new round shall be played with those same players.
  • The last remaining player wins the TOP FOOTBALL MANAGER CUP.

These two formations are by no means the best possible ones or the most ideal ones. It's simply a formation the team was already playing in versus a tweaked version of it. And the question you need to answer me via PM is: Which of the two is the better one?

A or B

If you have any questions or need any additional info, pls let me know (there's no guarantee you'll get it but you can try) :)

GOODLUCK!

Deadline Monday 8th May 6pm UK time

Thanks @mcandrew003 have 3-4 challenges in mind and figured this one's the best of the lot to start things off with. 

It's not as easy as I thought to come up with decent challenges but I think I got some fun ones coming on later. I've got both A and B answers in so not everyone is going to qualify for round 2.

Goodluck to all tho ;)

What happens if there's an injury to a key player in the lineup and he's unable to start games? Do you reload to keep it intact? Would hate for a formation to lose due to injury and not on the field actions...

8 hours ago, veerus said:

What happens if there's an injury to a key player in the lineup and he's unable to start games? Do you reload to keep it intact? Would hate for a formation to lose due to injury and not on the field actions...

I will make sure they play in at least 75% of the games, 9 from 12, haven't had any such issues so far tho.

7 hours ago, Freddie134 said:

I'm in

Noted. OP updated. Welcome and goodluck #24 :)