• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games Top Football Manager Cup

Quick update on the A's and B's

• 10 people voted A or B
  • 7 people voted A or B
  • 7 people have yet to vote

Not much wiser are you? Well, just a little.

It does say that it's pretty close. Round 1 will cut the group almost in half so it seems...unless...unless both formations generate same league position, same points and same goal difference. In that case everyone qualifies :)

BTW.. still time left for people to join.. Once I get the remaining 7 votes in and I post everyone's choice in this thread we close for new participants. So hurry up!

2 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

Quick update on the A's and B's

• 10 people voted A or B
  • 7 people voted A or B
  • 7 people have yet to vote

Not much wiser are you? Well, just a little.

It does say that it's pretty close. Round 1 will cut the group almost in half so it seems...unless...unless both formations generate same league position, same points and same goal difference. In that case everyone qualifies :)

BTW.. still time left for people to join.. Once I get the remaining 7 votes in and I post everyone's choice in this thread we close for new participants. So hurry up!

But @mcandrew003 is already out of the game, hence the Wine i send you @BatiGoal ???

Another quick update on the A's and B's

• 11 people voted A or B
  • 7 people voted A or B
  • 6 people have yet to vote

I do love my wine but decided not to accept any bribes this time round :P

11 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

I do love my wine but decided not to accept any bribes this time round :P

This time round? :laugh:

Just kidding bud, can't wait for results day!

Vibers,

I need to put this on hold indefinitely. There's a few issues I'm dealing with at the moment and I'd hate to run this Cup halfway to cancel or postpone mid-Cup. I figure I run this thing from start to finish or not at all. Believe me when I say I'd love nothing more than go ahead with this today but I need to make sure I have the time needed to dedicate to this. And right now I can't guarantee that so I have no choice but to put this in the waitingroom for now.

Sincere apologies and I hope for your understanding.

Hope all is well mate, take your time as I get this type of content really needs heart put into it as it's a lot of leg work and posting etc. Hopefully we get to see this again in the future :). 

Thanks guys. It's nothing serious I hope but as this Cup is run it could be over in a week or take months before we conclude our "last man standing". Not knowing adds to the fun I think but as a said I need clarity on a couple of things I'm waiting on before getting this started.

Silver lining is deadline is scrapped and @Taff @Jens @Freddie134 still have time to submit their answers.. along with possible new participants.

Cheers guys!

3 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

Thanks guys. It's nothing serious I hope but as this Cup is run it could be over in a week or take months before we conclude our "last man standing". Not knowing adds to the fun I think but as a said I need clarity on a couple of things I'm waiting on before getting this started.

Silver lining is deadline is scrapped and @Taff @Jens @Freddie134 still have time to submit their answers.. along with possible new participants.

Cheers guys!

Read more  

But I already send in my choice :unamused:

25 minutes ago, Jens said:

But I already send in my choice :unamused:

Apologies then. Must have gotten lost in my thousands of fanmail letters. Sorted.

@BatiGoal I'm so sorry dude, My wife surprised me with a long weekend away for my birthday and i have not had a chance to look at Vibe since Thursday.

If I've missed the deadline then that's on me and I apologise again to everyone if this has been put on hold for me

1 hour ago, Taff said:

@BatiGoal If I've missed the deadline then that's on me and I apologise again to everyone if this has been put on hold for me

We would never put anything on hold for you. :P 

45 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

We would never put anything on hold for you. :P 

This whole site comes to a grinding halt if I'm not here 

1 hour ago, Mr.Manager said:

Hey @BatiGoal . Hope everything's ok. I've just read through this and would be interested to join in if it's not too late.

No problem. Just waiting on closure on a couple things before we can get this started.

Top Football Manager Cup 2017

- Round One: The Picks -

Once again, apologies for the delay guys. Things have cleared up now and we're good to go.

I have received all but one entry. So it's goodbye to Freddie134 who missed the more than generous deadline, and we're left with 25 hopefuls for the Top Football Manager Cup I. Let's get straight to the business side of things and see who picked what. The group was not particularly unanimous in this very first round with 14 going with formation A and 11 with B. See below..

Formation A: 4-3-3 / 4-2-1-3

TFMCformationAa.png

Formation B: 4-4-2 / 4-1-2-1-2

TFMCformationBb.png

It's pretty clear that some of you believe that going with the tandem CM Gonzalez & BBM Gargano operating in the heart of midfield is the way forward. With W Castro placed in an advanced AML spot and Suarez on the far right flank as an IF. AF Hernandez and P Cavani complete the goal-scoring deal.

While a second group places more trust on a 4-man strong midfield with BWM Gargano operating in the DM slot with AP Suarez in front of him in AMC spot. With two midfielders out wide W Castro in LM and WM Gonzalez in RM. A double P combo in Hernandez & Cavani are entrusted with providing the goals.

Interesting. I'd love to hear your thoughts and how confident are you that you're going to qualify for Round 2? :)

Top Football Manager Cup 2017

- Round One: The Results -

Tomorrow..

Like I said in the pm dude, I haven't played much EME but from what I can tell, weirder formations work quite well so I'm confident about progressing

Looking at who voted for what I'm either a genius or a fool :P 

I've gone for the second option purely because Alfie uses a similar midfield and swears by it which baffles me somewhat as he didn't pick it up from me haha. 

His results have always been good so I trusted my instinct and went with the more balanced option. Six attackers does work but it is very much high risk vs high reward and I'd feel safer having a sold back 5 and a balanced midfield like in option two.