Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Scratch: Second Chances (DONE) & Armstrong 1KC (DONE)

There are new challenges created here regularly and they are all great, but one that especially caught my eye was the Premier League Second Chances Challenge by @kts365 : 

I've been following along as @Mr.Manager attempts it and I'm captivated by the concept - so much so that I need to have a go myself.

I won't repeat all the rules - you can read about them on the main challenge post - but the target is to get all of the following teams back into the Premier League at some point during the career:

Spoiler

Championship

• Aston Villa
  • Barnsley
  • Birmingham City
  • Blackburn Rovers
  • Cardiff City
  • Derby County
  • Fulham
  • Ipswich Town
  • Leeds United
  • Newcastle United
  • Norwich City
  • Nottingham Forest
  • QPR
  • Reading
  • Sheffield Wednesday
  • Wigan Athletic
  • Wolves

League 1

• Bolton Wanderers
  • Bradford City
  • Charlton Athletic
  • Coventry City
  • Oldham Athletic
  • Sheffield United
  • Swindon Town
  • Wimbledon

League 2

• Blackpool
  • Portsmouth

You don't have to actually manage each of those clubs yourself, they just need to get back into the Premier League at some point. The reason I like this challenge is that it makes you think of all the sneaky things you can do to boost these teams... Lateral thinking is required.

You also get bonus points for each of the 6 former winners (Manchester United, Chelsea, Manchester City, Arsenal, Blackburn Rovers and Leicester City) who win the Premier League again.

The Starting Club

With all that out of the way, which club did I choose to start at? The answer will probably surprise you!!

Spoiler

secondchance-intro-05.png.6f16627d60d973a856b96fdfb89f7719.png

That's right I'm starting at Barcelona!! I can hear you all thinking "Wait a minute...", so perhaps an explanation is in order:

Remember, I don't need to personally manage these clubs, they just need to get back into the Premier League one way or another. Reading MrManager's attempt it became obvious that it's important for you to try to boost these clubs one way or another: by exchanging great players for mediocre ones, sending them money by paying over the odds for players, etc. 

To do this, you need money... And who has money? These guys:

secondchance-intro-01.png.75ff5685e5ba2b0955df5d528fa7a183.png

secondchance-intro-02.png.9510a58591e490c5c4acfae02899526b.png

secondchance-intro-03.png.35e684cf7d0feecae4db3e51015aae7e.png

secondchance-intro-04.png.7502cde9052ec1d7464715b2fb96c2ae.png

Yep, I now have £350M to play with, plus a bunch of expensive players that can be sold off...

But it's not as easy as cashing in and sailing off with the booty to one of the clubs on the list. My reputation is only local, so it's going to be hard to get a job with anyone else right now. I'll have to stick around for a while and try to win something to make sure my reputation is boosted before I can move on to one of the second chance teams (hopefully mid season, but possibly the end of the season).

I'm going to try to keep things light with this career, so won't write things up in as much detail as I'm doing for PinaColada (which will run in parallel). For now, I'm keen to get started with this one and see what I can do to restore a bit of pride to some fallen giants.

2 hours ago, mcandrew003 said:

Can't wait!

A challenge I have wanted to attempt myself, looking forward to how you go about it!

Thanks mate, I'm quite excited by it, but at the same time it's not all glamour and gleam. Right now I'm in February and basically I'm having to knuckle down and win stuff with Barcelona, which doesn't actually interest me that much, it's just a means to an end.

I was planning to jump ship in January, but no opportunities came until near the end of the transfer window. I need more time than that - I have to sell Messi, Neymar, etc, then move that money to some second chance teams, including the one I'm going to go to, etc. The timing has to be just right too. I don't want to gut the team unless I'm sure of a job.

Anyway, looks like I'm here until June and I just need to knuckle down and win the Champions League to improve my reputation and guarantee I'll get the job at which club I transfer a bunch of money to. But it's going to be so much fun in June!! :)

added 0 minutes later
27 minutes ago, kts365 said:

Looking forward to your creative take on this challenge mate.

Thanks mate, this is a great challenge, thanks for coming up with it.. :)

Good luck mate! Definitely a left field choice of first club. It'll be interesting to see how well Portsmouth spend the money you've gifted them. From my experiences, they could just end up with 15 right backs...

38 minutes ago, Mr.Manager said:

Good luck mate! Definitely a left field choice of first club. It'll be interesting to see how well Portsmouth spend the money you've gifted them. From my experiences, they could just end up with 15 right backs...

Thanks mate. It was you who inspired me with that, when I saw what you were doing with the money.

I've now gifted 3 clubs a bunch of money and I don't think any of them have done anything useful with it... I'll have to downgrade to a club with players I can exchange with them (they don't want Barca players).  Or roll up my sleeves and go manage these clubs. :)

This is why I love Vibe, this is thinking outside the box in a completely unique way, congrats! 

I'm not so sure this strategy works as the AI is useless but it'll be fun to see. Years ago I did a normal 1kc at Benfica but I got two career posts out of it, the 1kc and a story. The story was I was the secret owner of Shrewsbury and every season I'd invest in them (overpay for a useless player from Benfica to Shrewsbury etc). Unfortunately though the AI didn't really take advantage of the situation and not much happened. It did introduce Vibe to the "Wet Sock Bandit" however which was a hillarious thing at the time :P. Anyway the game has evolved since then so maybe it'll work now but I'm not really sure how teams handle the money you give them. 

On a side note I was contemplating a CL version of the challenge last night, aim to get as many teams back in the CL as possible and so on. 

Love your approach Scratch! Hope it works out.

13 minutes ago, Ashez said:

The story was I was the secret owner of Shrewsbury and every season I'd invest in them (overpay for a useless player from Benfica to Shrewsbury etc). 

Wow never thought of something like this but I'm so going to add this to one of my future saves. A fantastic lil' side story this is.

21 minutes ago, Ashez said:

On a side note I was contemplating a CL version of the challenge last night, aim to get as many teams back in the CL as possible and so on.

I was thinking very similarly! Since the Champions League rebranded we've had winners from Spain (9), Italy (5), England (4), Germany (3) and France, Netherlands and Portugal (1 each). You could load the first four leagues and try to win the trophy again with each former winner.

19 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

Wow never thought of something like this but I'm so going to add this to one of my future saves. A fantastic lil' side story this is.

I've been thinking the same thing lately, so thanks for ruining that, @Ashez :@

1 minute ago, BatiGoal said:

@Jens

Wasn't going to post it, just refering to a private save. ;)

Please do post it, it makes for a great story. Last time, everyone was like 'what the fudge is Ash doing now' and it made for a very nice aha-erlebnis.

42 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

It was a fun experience from what I remember. Main frustration was lack of progress but it's a simple concept you can do on any save if you have spare cash. Just pick a side and dump the money on them and see what happens over the years. 

30 minutes ago, Mr.Manager said:

I was thinking very similarly! Since the Champions League rebranded we've had winners from Spain (9), Italy (5), England (4), Germany (3) and France, Netherlands and Portugal (1 each). You could load the first four leagues and try to win the trophy again with each former winner.

That's one way to do it yeah, I was also thinking about having a list of every team that's qualified for CL and having to get as many of them qualified again. Was just a random quick thought lol. 

25 minutes ago, Jens said:

I've been thinking the same thing lately, so thanks for ruining that, @Ashez :@

How was I meant to know :P 

Anyway let's not hijack Scratches thread haha.  

14 hours ago, Ashez said:

This is why I love Vibe, this is thinking outside the box in a completely unique way, congrats! 

I'm not so sure this strategy works as the AI is useless but it'll be fun to see. Years ago I did a normal 1kc at Benfica but I got two career posts out of it, the 1kc and a story. The story was I was the secret owner of Shrewsbury and every season I'd invest in them (overpay for a useless player from Benfica to Shrewsbury etc). Unfortunately though the AI didn't really take advantage of the situation and not much happened. It did introduce Vibe to the "Wet Sock Bandit" however which was a hillarious thing at the time :P. Anyway the game has evolved since then so maybe it'll work now but I'm not really sure how teams handle the money you give them. 

Thanks. Yeah, I've gifted money 3 times now and not convinced it will work at all. I'd much rather ship them players if I can, just can't do that yet.

My main plan is to buy players for £150M from the club I'm about to move to, so take my fortune with me that way (like @Mr.Manager has been doing in his attempt). Then I can sort out that club with better players, maybe get some players other second chance clubs will want in an exchange, etc, all while preserving as much of my fortune as I can, so I can take it with me to the next stop...

A CL version would be awesome too!

13 hours ago, Ashez said:

Anyway let's not hijack Scratches thread haha.  

@Ashez @BatiGoal @Jens - Get off my lawn!! :P

Nah, I really enjoyed that conversation, feel free fellas. I'd love to see people do that secret owner idea.

I've never thought of that, but I did sell of lot of my very good fringe players to Newcastle in my Armstrong career and always felt good about that... My second team is Oxford United and they could use a bit of investment, so if I ever get back to PinaColada I might try it there...

11 hours ago, veerus said:

Love me some meta career threads! Loving your approach. Good luck!

Thanks mate, it's a whole new spin on the game...

Just caught up dude and what a way to do it, there's thinking outside the box and then there's thinking outside the dimension but a very interesting approach, must apologise to @Mr.Manager for not following his attempt more 

2 hours ago, Taff said:

Just caught up dude and what a way to do it, there's thinking outside the box and then there's thinking outside the dimension but a very interesting approach, must apologise to @Mr.Manager for not following his attempt more 

Thanks mate! I can't take full credit for the approach, as I would never have thought of it if not for seeing what @Mr.Manager was doing. And it may not work either! I'm a little worried that I'll transfer all the money to a club and then they won't hire me! I'm really doubling down and focusing on winning stuff with Barcelona this year to try to get a World Class or at least Continental reputation before I jump ship. 

But now the question remains... WHEN ARE WE GOING TO SEE ANYTHING

Give the people what they want! Resign! Scratch out! Clinton for President! Jens for emperor!

2 minutes ago, Jens said:

But now the question remains... WHEN ARE WE GOING TO SEE ANYTHING

Give the people what they want! Resign! Scratch out! Clinton for President! Jens for emperor!

This is more like it! Gotta have the punters begging for it! ;)

Actually, I will resign shortly and you're welcome to be Emperor (of the shriveled husk that was once FC Barcelona). Meanwhile, I'll be off at a hidden rebel base with the plans to the death star and plotting your downfall! Wait... I might be getting my stories mixed up here...

Seriously, I'm about 8 games out from the season end, so an update will be coming soon. But given the weekend is just starting here, it might be Monday before I post it...

Update - Season 1 - Barcelona

And so, to Barcelona!

My main target this year is to win loads and increase my reputation. The reason? I did a proof of concept career using Chelsea before starting this one. I bought a player for £150M from a second chance team looking for a manager and then applied for the job, but the club wouldn't give it to me... There's no point mining Barcelona for all they are worth if I can't move to my target club. I figure if I have reputation of World Class or at least Continental, then they will all want me.

The secondary target is to get as much cash as I can, so I can depart Barcelona at short notice, taking as much as possible with me. I will also invest some of that cash in other second chance teams (by overpaying for players), but the main focus is to take most of the cash to a club that I will be controlling. As mentioned in the intro, we start with a budget of £350M, but we want more! However, we can't sell too many players at the beginning or we won't be winning which is our main target this year.

Departing is going to be an interesting challenge in it's own right. First, I need a second chance team looking for a manager. Then I need to have the cash ready. I'll definitely have some ready, but ideally I want enough time to sell off the star players (Messi, Neymar, Suarez, etc) first. Then I need to buy some players from the target club at £150M each. The buying and selling will take some time, but the job will only be available for a small window, so I'm not sure how it's going to go.

The obvious thing is to do it in the off season, as a) I'll be able to sell off the players in advance without affecting our results and b) the funds I send to the target team will actually get there before I do, rather than being tied up in future transfers that might fail if the player gets injured or be cancelled if the new Barca manager is halfway competent... But that means walking past good job opportunities in the meantime and it means a full season with Barcelona, which I don't really want (but probably need to win enough stuff to improve my reputation).

Anyway, lets get on with it.

Transfers

I only sold one player, Mascherano, keeping most of the team together to chase for glory. I bought one player too - Salif Sane - as cover because the squad was quite small. The other incoming players are charity buys - more on them in a second.
secondchance-season01-24.png.f69563e11b2102bdf4102bfaf70195c5.png

I almost sold Iniesta. Tottenham offered £52M and I accepted, but the deal died on the transfer deadline... 
secondchance-season01-09.png.27f5af6ef6473b8c3f27635f9a52d359.png

After that I couldn't sell him and he fell to pieces, ending the season valued at £2.2M...
secondchance-season01-39.png.a1cb8b014324469a2c8589cacaef1829.png

Charity

A few days before the transfer window closed, I noticed that Portsmouth was down in 10th in League 2, so I bought their reserve goalie O'Brien for £10M. It was probably too late for them to get anyone in during that window, but they'd be ready to go at the next window.
secondchance-season01-03.png.27c4fc256d15fce0017a31f78ab6e289.png

secondchance-season01-05.png.ce213f1e3c0a68f1170b8f2944bbf07a.png

Once I got O'Brien, the fans were disappointed which affected the Board's view of me, so I tried to release him. Uh-uh, the board weren't having it.
secondchance-season01-06.png.3f46b265978f04fb84fd34ee88211c71.png

That happened for two out the 3 charity transfers I made. An early lesson that charity signings are probably best done in small numbers or when an exit is approaching anyway.

As it turned out, Portsmouth didn't do anything worthwhile with the money. They signed a couple of cheap players in January, but they didn't have much impact. Portsmouth ended up doing quite well, but it wasn't because of the money.

In mid-January, I noticed that Oldham Athletic were in freefall in League 1, so I bought Peter Clarke from them for £15M. They had two weeks to spend the money and instead they decided to sell another player for £3.1M. :(
secondchance-season01-17.png.8513e4d15cb1f16c8edb47bde7b21e94.png

But something janky happened with that transfer, one of those glitch in the matrix things that happen from time to time in FMM:

Spoiler

The Peter Clarke transfer disappeared from both Oldham's and Barcelona's transfer histories (though you can see where I gave him a free afterwards):

secondchance-season01-23.png.46c653a44af489ff8d2c2dbec45f9140.png

secondchance-season01-24.png.f69563e11b2102bdf4102bfaf70195c5.png

I guess it was because I released him immediately - maybe FMM couldn't process two transfer events in a few days from the same player, but who knows... Actually, at first I thought he may have retired immediately on release (he was old), but he was still there with Barcelona on his record, only with Free instead of £15M.
secondchance-season01-25.png.d073a238b9ab6de16947711f58e07d6c.png

But when I scrolled back up through my email, there was the transfer alright.
secondchance-season01-26.png.e6d662c38eb6bf42400f504a496794e0.png

The other thing I noticed was that Barnsley was dead last in the Championship, so I bought D'Almeida from them for £25M.
secondchance-season01-19.png.b6158effeee74e55cf7fb75baaf4ddab.png

They bought two players - Eggert Jonsson for £375K who played 6 games with a rating of 7.00:
secondchance-season01-28.png.3360825ef01341033dee2d7fcf5c8f62.png

and Adil Nabi for £1.3M who may have potential, but who only played 2 games (no goals or assists, rating of 7.5) and who was sold to Portsmouth in season 2:
secondchance-season01-29.png.616c1aa54ab9469950d24ddd553ad484.png

At the risk of spoiling things, the extra money helped neither Oldham or Barnsely avoid their ultimate fate, so I think I've reached the conclusion (as other have before me), that it's not worth gifting money alone.

I assume it would be far better to exchange good players to these clubs. However, none of the second chance clubs were interested in taking any of the Barcelona players in exchange at all. I can only hope for better luck with exchanges once I'm in England.

Job Opportunities

The Portsmouth job became available in October, but while I had about £400M ready to go, I hadn't won enough by that point to seriously consider it. I kept an eye on the openings throughout the year, but ultimately, I decided the timing wasn't right for any of them...

Results

Even though we didn't have much depth in the club, the skill of the Barcelona players meant that we won pretty much everything we played. There were games in which we struggled, only for Messi, Neymar, Suarez or Alacacer to pop up and win it for us.

We won the Super Cup early on. We easily won the league (but I missed the screenshot of that). We did well in the Spanish Cup, but the final was tight with it going to penalties before we beat Villarreal.
secondchance-season01-40.png.be341cf4eedc5cdd2a795b4354eb21ca.png

We cruised the Champions League group stages, winning every game. The knockout stages went well too, with a 6-0 aggregate win over Real Madrid in the Quarter Finals being the highlight. But the final was tight, with it being decided on penalties - in our favour!  
secondchance-season01-42.png.865b6128d3ca31366dcf8cb09e4ba122.png

And that was enough to give me a World Class reputation:
secondchance-season01-44.png.2ece6070efa7e239060d8af27a6c5545.png

Job done...

Second Chance Teams 

Here's the top and bottom of all the English leagues:

Spoiler

secondchance-season01-45.png.4ac5c424a2148f43a72de0b054ce27fa.png

secondchance-season01-46.png.b9c10b715d34fba1fa988f888e64c18e.png

secondchance-season01-47.png.0aef186aa03a10445990e1018f820e01.png

secondchance-season01-48.png.22c657adb1d21e2debd8987858090284.png

secondchance-season01-49.png.8d2d2bfdd43e8433ddb77dce067f948b.png

secondchance-season01-50.png.6350b0f69bd1cc762e5807564adf1998.png

secondchance-season01-52.png.02025ce58aa0676820cf2ff90cda9fe6.png

secondchance-season01-53.png.3f1808f03dd2360d91e4e54c827d298a.png

Man United won the Premier League, giving me 5 bonus point for a past winner winning it again. 

In the Championship, Newcastle and Derby were promoted to the Premier League, ticking off the first two clubs from the list, but Barnsley were relegated to League 1.

In League 1, Charlton and Bolton were both promoted, but Oldham and Coventry went down to League 2 (along with AFC Wimbledon, meaning we need to back MK Dons instead now).

In League 2, Portsmouth did go up, but Blackpool missed the boat.  

Past Winners
Spoiler
  • Manchester United 
  • Chelsea
  • Manchester City
  • Arsenal
  • Blackburn Rovers
  • Leicester City

Completed
Spoiler
  • Derby County
  • Newcastle United

Remaining 
Spoiler

Championship

• Aston Villa
  • Birmingham City
  • Blackburn Rovers
  • Bolton Wanderers
  • Cardiff City
  • Charlton Athletic
  • Fulham
  • Ipswich Town
  • Leeds United
  • Norwich City
  • Nottingham Forest
  • QPR
  • Reading
  • Sheffield Wednesday
  • Wigan Athletic
  • Wolves

League 1
  • Barnsley
  • Bradford City
  • MK Dons
  • Portsmouth
  • Sheffield United
  • Swindon Town

League 2
  • AFC Wimbledon
  • Blackpool
  • Coventry City
  • Oldham Athletic

So, a modest start. We crossed two off the list and there were clubs going up, but there were also clubs going down. What's key however, is that I'm well positioned to come back to England and take a more direct hand in things in the near future. 

What's Next ( @mcandrew003 Style)

I was sitting at my desk, planning my escape to England, when there was a knock at the door. It opened before I had a chance to answer and the president of the club walked in. "Stephen. I have just come from the board meeting. I couldn't wait to tell you, so I came here directly". I let out my breath and relaxed slightly. He had pushed my appointment as manager through, despite opposition from other board members. If he had something he wanted to tell me, it must be good news.

"Two things: First, we agreed you have done a fantastic job this year. We could ask for no more. Second, we discussed the newspaper stories about you wanting to go home to England". England wasn't actually my home, but I was planning to move there, so I didn't correct him. He continued. "Stephen, we understand that it must be difficult living here when you don't speak Spanish. We want you to be happy. That's why we have given you full access to the directors' private plane. You can use it any time you want Stephen. Just call this number and it will be ready for you in 30 minutes." He handed me a piece of paper with a number written on it. "Thank you Stephen". He shook my hand and then left. I sat down, unsure what to think. I hadn't been sure how I was going to get the money to England and now I'd been handed the answer. But could I really walk out on the club after such a generous gesture?

A great update mate! Really enjoyed this read, and well done on your season with Barca. Me and you are level with 2 clubs up now, so the race is on :P Liked the story bit at the end aswell, all in all a great update, and congrats!

The plot thickens! Are you debating staying at Barca? Really interested to see your next move. Wherever you end up is going to get some serious moolah.

On 5/14/2017 at 15:18, mcandrew003 said:

A great update mate! Really enjoyed this read, and well done on your season with Barca. Me and you are level with 2 clubs up now, so the race is on :P Liked the story bit at the end aswell, all in all a great update, and congrats!

Thanks mate, but I think you're going to be ahead of me at the end of season 2! Or at least I'll have more bottom feeding clubs with a long way to climb! :)

added 0 minutes later
26 minutes ago, Mr.Manager said:

The plot thickens! Are you debating staying at Barca? Really interested to see your next move. Wherever you end up is going to get some serious moolah.

Serious moolah is right! But you'll just have to wait for the next update to see whether I stay or go, and if I go, who gets the moolah! :)

Update - Season 2 - Barcelona

Having achieved everything I planned at Barcelona, I started the off-season with two main short term targets:
  1. Sell off as many players as possible as quickly as possible
  2. Find a second chance team to move to during the off-season
Sounds easy right?

Fund Raising

The big sale was slow going. 
secondchance-season01-74.png.ffd0adfd86e8435c0ea54301f3a39ead.png

Neymar went for £103M, followed by Suarez for £98M, then four others or smaller fees. A nice chunk of change for sure, but no-one was interested in Messi, even when I offered him out for £30M (a third of his recommended retail price). The same happened for other players who would have gone like hot cakes in real life. Still, if I'd managed to sell off that many in real life, I'd have been sacked, so I can't complain too much.

The board also chipped in with their contribution to my fund raising. £185M. Thanks fellas! I'll spend it well!
secondchance-season01-56.png.7b29231839b1bef573cc68eec0f3c302.png

Job Opportunities

I spent the entire off-season glued to the Jobs screen. Early on it looked like this, with just conference teams available:
secondchance-season01-55.png.604e0876d394443bcce865473b352997.png

Then a few Spanish clubs got in on the action:
secondchance-season01-61.png.727748a29c43484707961c807ec23271.png

Then eventually no one was hiring:
secondchance-season01-64.png.bce77c54c1ec92b01d47c477869ed2a4.png

Not a single second chance team became available. Looks like I'm starting the season at Barcelona...

Bolstering The Squad

What happens when you have a small squad and then sell 6 important players? Hmm, I didn't want to find out. I decided to get some cover in. 
secondchance-season01-73.png.635576e0c84cbe590445cb5c57c42735.png

Yes, rather than spend any of my hard earned money, I just got a bunch of talented young loanees. I'm a cheapskate, so what? As a side note, it is insanely easy to get a loan request accepted when you are Barcelona. Every single request was accepted and I didn't have to pay any of the salary. That's not my experience at smaller clubs.

The Season

We started the season by winning the Euro Super Cup 2-0 over Man Utd (Messi FTW), then beating Villareal 2-0 on aggregate in the (Spanish) Super Cup. But my heart wasn't in it and neither was the team's and we ended up struggling mid table for the first couple of months. No screenshots though (at the time it didn't seem worth taking).

Anyway, I decided I was ready to jump and I had £900M pounds ready to take with me...
secondchance-season01-72.png.c7a5b8ce29161e6552d382de595a78ea.png

A Cry For Help

Jobs started becoming available in October. A few of them were second chance teams:
secondchance-season01-69.png.bf15777962202a96a4b648fa5f2a6c16.png

Should I go to Barnsley or Bradford in League 1? Or should I go to Blackpool down in League two. Or maybe Coventry? Well this settled the issue:
secondchance-season01-68.png.e26c3693ab8381e2960678e75c53517c.png

Coventry were flirting with dropping out of the League and down into the Conference. I couldn't allow that! It didn't hurt that I have a soft spot for Coventry and had already penciled in a 'League 2 to Glory' career with them in FMM 2018 (when it comes) after their recent real life relegation. 

The Move

So my mind was set, the destination locked in, but how to get there with all of my, ahem, appropriated funds? I couldn't get it there in advance of me, but I think I better accept that's going to be a reality of this career.

The best I could do was to make a series of purchases from my new club, all of which will go through in early January.
secondchance-season01-71.png.d9ed0ac1defcb2c40afcfc47480341d6.png

In fact, there could be advantages to doing it this way, as then I'll be in total control of the money instead of relying on the board to give me some of it. 

At £150M max per transaction, I needed 6 transfers to move the £900M. But to protect against the players getting injured, I actually scheduled 9 transfers. Spoiler for the next installment:
Spoiler

I didn't need to save up £900M, I could have just saved up £150M and then scheduled 20 transfers (or however many I liked). The buying club will just honour all the scheduled transfers, even if they don't have the money to complete them. Poor, stupid, bankrupt, fools.

Then I handed in my resignation. They didn't try to keep me, which made me much more comfortable with the pain that will be coming their way later. 
secondchance-season01-76.png.a01e009abaad183faf7ef54a88da6b82.png

With that chapter of my career closed (except for any possible future legal action), I applied for the Coventry job.
secondchance-season01-77.png.2ad74e00af09bb973ef00cb8a1e3a69e.png

They duly offered it to me:
secondchance-season01-78.png.71319da554537a9529017966ca36c73f.png

And that's where I will leave this update....

Tune in next time to see if I can save Coventry from relegation (and too see what a club like Coventry might be able to do with a billion pounds)! :) 

Pretty sure your mailbox is going to be filled with death threats from even the least loyal Barca fans. Lock the door and windows, mate.