Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Vibe I'm Leaving - Thanks & New Owner

Dec

Hi all,
I hope you're well. Today for me is something I very rarely do and that's be personal on here, however I feel like this is very much necessary.

Sadly after 10 years, meeting many great people and doing really cool things I'm going to have to call my time on the Football Manager Mobile Community. I'm very exhausted with it and feel like the site needs a change of pace to be able to succeed (more on that later). Unfortunately due to not having  a break in them 10 years and being very full on for a large portion of it I'm fatigued. I understand that the site hasn't been where it was a couple of years back and this has been a source of frustration for me and I've tried to bring it back to that level to varying degrees of success, however now I don't believe I can take the site forward to that level again.

For myself this is a very sad day, I created this site, I nurtured it and my heart has gone into growing it. I've learnt so much that I've now carried onto a professional life but going from a 17 year old in College to a 23 year old Social Media & Community Manager my life has changed dramatically. While I couldn't have done it without Vibe it is something I can no longer dedicate a large portion of time to doing Transfer Updates, Social Media across 4 channels, Moderation, Finances and more. I don't seek admiration for anything I've done, I just do it for my own and others' enjoyments. I remember a couple of years ago slogging out 800 created players on the transfer update which took 30 hours a week. However I didn't do it for praise, I did it for the love of the game and the community. Sadly all this has left me tired. While I've tried to strip my job back, my aspirations and the reality hasn't allowed me to do that and now I have very little time and drive - mostly down to my job being similar to my role on Vibe, to carry this on.

I don't believe this is the end of the FMM community and I'd be way over my head if I believe it would be, however the direction needs to change and I believe fresh input would help this. I'd appreciate if you could all spend a bit more time where possible to help with this transition and make the community succeed again. It only takes a small handful of people to put in more effort to make content, to comment more and to interact on social media to attract new people that will hopefully make this community rife with activity again.

Now let me introduce you to FMScout owner @Stam. He will be the one taking over my responsibilities. Please give him some time to sort everything out and understand the site, after that I fully expect him to make some changes that will hopefully in the long run benefit the community. It will come as no surprise to say that there is likely to be a round of staff hires coming out of this as he seeks to replace roles that I have been doing exclusively such as on Social Media. However this may take some time to get him up to speed and assess the community so patience would be very much appreciated, but the community will be in good hands as FM Scout is a great website and he's an amazing guy.

Thank you all again for the great memories and spending the time here making my little hobby turn into a great community spanning more than just this website. I wish you all the best for the future.

Kind Regards,
Dec

Dec mate, I may not have been here long but I can tell how dedicated you were from day 1 of creating this website. You have been so helpful and caring since and before my arrival here. You have created an entire community of thousands of unique people here, and for that I thank you as I don't know what I would do if Vibe wasn't around. Even though we haven't talked a lot, I wish you the best in your future endeavours and thanks for making such a wonderful and welcoming place for all FMM lovers to visit every day. 

Welcome @Stam to the community, looking forward to see your new approach and I'm sure I speak for all Vibers when I say you have the full backing of the community for any ideas you bring 

Thanks again Dec 

Sorry to hear this Dec but I completely understand your decision, thanks for creating this amazing community where we are all invited to push the game to the limit! All the best for the future mate!

Thank you for ALL that you have done for this community! We would not be here without you, and I personally Think that you leave the site in a time that is right. Respect for your choice and all the best.

FMH/FMM would not be the game it is today without your initial research and guides paving the way to unlocking the game systems for all of us here.

Dec even though you will not be here as much as before I'm sure we will still be seeing you popping your head in every now and then (I hope we will) 

I want to personally thank you for all you have done not only for the FM Mobile community but to help me with the content I have created. All the best in the future and enjoy having some spare time to actually play some games now. 

Thanks for creating a great website Dec, you have done a fantastic job and you have kept the standards of this website at the highest order, your website was the catalyst in me playing FMM in many different ways and I thank for that. Good luck with your future endeavours.

Thanks @Dec - You've been amazing. I dont think many people appreciate the work that goes into running a fansite and the time it requires. Good luck with your break but I have a sneaky suspicion you'll still be lurking on the touchline :)

I look forward to working with the team taking over as well.

Hey guys, 

It's clear for anyone to see that Dec has put a truly remarkable effort to grow this place into a fantastic community. 

I feel honored that he trusts me to take on his responsibilities here, though I prefer not to make any bold promises, except that I'll try to keep Vibe alive and drive it forward. 

It wasn't a difficult choice for me because the alternative would most likely be the site closing down and I'm pretty sure that would be a regrettable occasion for most of you. 

A transition period is naturally needed though. In the coming days I'll reach out to discuss the next steps.

Kind regards,
Stam

46 minutes ago, Stam said:

I feel honored that he trusts me to take on his responsibilities here, though I prefer not to make any bold promises, except that I'll try to keep Vibe alive and drive it forward. 

Look forward to seeing your new approach :D

Having been here from pretty much the start it's very sad to see you go Dec and I'm sure others feel exactly the same. Glad to see that vibe has helped you massively on your career path as that is what a project like this deserves - you should be extremely proud looking back on what you have achieved in the last 7 years.

Your site has made FMM a hundred times more interesting for so many people here. That deserves a big thank you, @Dec goodluck wherever your journey takes you.