Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career The Converted Winger Challenge

Intro

Hello all I hope you are all doing well, I am a returning member the last challenge I completed was "The Impossible Challenge" on Football Manager Mobile 2016

Whilst this was my greatest ever achievement playing Football Manager a few months later I found myself away from Vibe, Since my time away I have learnt things that will help me produce some content I have been working on heavily last few months, So let's stop waffling and get on with my write up of my new challenge on Football Manager Mobile 2017.

There is many great challenges to choose from but this one is a personal favourite of mine and I will be attempting this one

Choice Of Team

BE1ZWy9.jpeg

Winger Choice 

So the rules state your chosen player must not have any shade of green in the striker position, For my chosen club this decision was a very easy decision most will probably guess so here goes.......

Hcri8Le.jpg

So there is my club and my very first player wish me luck everyone, Season 1 update coming very soon 

Great picks. Sneijder is a legend and still capable of getting 30gls in for you. Goodluck!.. and good to see you back.

Thanks for the comments guys, Previous versions I have been waiting for new leagues (especially Turkey) excited is a word that springs to mind with this league 

Converted Winger

Season 1

So I'm really excited for this challenge I have played it many times on previous FMM/FMH versions but never posted a career thread.

Gala is a team I have wanted to play with and with this years edition this seemed perfect for me, Normally when a new edition is released I spend a few weeks testing tactics but I couldn't wait to start a challenge, So would this be a mistake? It is always brave to go into any challenge almost blind.

Well is it blind or stupid? Or both? We are about to find out........

People that know me know I can't stand the EME I am OME through & through this is something that will never change, People say it's not realistic but let's not cross that bridge ?

Wesley Sneijder

So Mr Sneijder has to be arguably one of the best attacking midfielders to ever set foot on a football pitch he has had a brilliant football career, His stats for his age are really good and the decision to use him was truely a easy decision.

So season 1 is upon us let's take a look at transfer dealings we had in the club, Players coming in and players going out.

Transfers

4eoB7Rq.jpg

So as you can see there was no transfer business in or out of the club, I felt my team was rather beast mode and in a way I was lazy and wanted to get straight playing games, Season 1 was about 1 player and everyone else can suffer.

Turkish Super Cup

yywPy6Q.jpeg

So in our first competive match we where drawn against Besiktas in The Turkish Super Cup, We really needed Wes to produce the goods, With not testing my tactic I knew it would be hit and miss, Could we clinch the cup and send Besiktas packing?

So we dominated the game the only disappointment is that we didn't win the game by a bigger margain

Turkish League Cup

vkzi4u2.jpg

So yet again we faced Besiktas in a cup game and we beat them again! This time the match was very close and it really could have gone either way, Tiote missed a decisive penalty and we scored the last penalty to bring the cup home.

Turkish League Table

6NTQxeh.jpg

So we ran away with the league winning the title by a good number of points, But didn't score that much goals, Could Wes fail to reach his target of 30+ goals? Surely we couldn't fail in the first season that would be unthinkable?......

The Main Event

iKfacLL.jpg

So Wes hits 38 goals and bags 12  assists ! Tbh I am a little dissapointed I was hoping he got near the 50 goals mark but 30 was enough to complete his target, So with season 1 now complete it was time to wave goodbye to Wes he was immense to play with but it was time for another player to step in, I will be going with players that I have never used so season 2 should be fun, As always thank you for taking the time to read my career it truely is great to be back playing the game I love!

Excellent season mate, better than I did in my first year trying this challenge! A good total to build on, can't wait to see how you do in season 2! 

Spoiler

If you ever need a tactic, ping me a PM, I've got a good one ;):laugh:

19 minutes ago, JustM1kePlays said:

I know you say your disappointed but I still thing you smashed it mate. Looking forward to seeing who you pick next.  

Thanks mate, Previous versions I have scored 50+ with a striker but I'm finding this years edition on OME a bit trickier 

2 minutes ago, mcandrew003 said:

Excellent season mate, better than I did in my first year trying this challenge! A good total to build on, can't wait to see how you do in season 2! 

Reveal hidden contents

If you ever need a tactic, ping me a PM, I've got a good one ;):laugh:

Thanks, I think I spend more than me testing tactics than playing the game (previous versions)

Season 2

Player Pick

So I searched well and I found myself what I consider to be a young and gifted young player that would easily retrain to a striker, I must admit getting players to turkey is not easy I find most players won't sign for me, So without further ado let's reveal the player i will be using

xUku9bW.jpg

Just look at them stats for a 22 year old!!

Season 2

So with season 1 under our belt it was time to kick on and go even further, Wes set the bar in Season 1 so could we bag more goals than we'd got for us in season 1?

Im not going to lie getting a formation/tactic to stick I have found difficult in this years edition, It starts off well but then dips, My tactic has to be based around getting 1 player to score most of the goals 

Transfers I have also found tricky as I've tried to sell players in season 1 and had no interest, I even offered Podolski for £0 but received no offers Lol, So let's take a look at season 2 and see how we got on.

Transfers

So we blew the whole budget on our Converted Winger so we dipped inside the loan market as for a 2nd season I struggled to sell any players to raise some funds, Tello is a fantastic free signing and will be very useful next season, We also signed Elneny I have never used him but looks a powerhouse (Possibly a cheap mans Wanyama?), We let a few go on free transfers as they simple where not good enough for the team.

So with the transfers complete it was time for Bilal to lace his boots and destroy the Super League (Or at least I hope)

Turkish Super Cup

So for the second season in a row we faced the not so mighty Besiktas, The game was a close game and wasn't much in the game, We where fortunate they had a goal chalked off but that didn't stop us lifting the Turkish Super Cup for a second year running!

UCL

So we play our first season in the Champions League but I'm not feeling confident although we didn't have a hard group we didn't have no where near good enough players to even compete so how did the groups stage go? Let's take a look?

So as you can see the UCL group stages was a absolute disaster! We where aweful! We deserved to go out but we advanced to the Europa League

Turkish Cup

So as you can see we dominated both games but still managed to go out of the competition, Rather dissapointing considering the amount of attacks we had! We should have won with ease but I suppose you can't win them all.

Europa League 

So we get Bayern in the next round (what the hell they doing in the Europa League FFS) A game like this is never a easy game, Losing 3-0 in the 1st Leg was the nail in the coffin but we took the game to Bayern, The scoreline surely doesn't affect what the stats say? Never mind as this is about Bilal so who needs European Glory ?

League Table 

So for the 2nd season running we win the league title, But Besiktas love to finish 2nd behind us in cups & Leagues Lol, So with all completions out of the way the time is now!? How did Bilal get on in the Gala team, I really wanted him to beat Wes but asking as he hits 30+ Goals we move onto season 3.

The Main Event 

So as you can see Bilal retrained as a striker, I must admit it was very easy for him to retrain 

So Bilal smashes 48 goals, This is a good number considering I'm still tinkering he really produced the goods for me, I have never used this guy but he is a ideal 1KC candidate, He really is a top class player, So there you have season 2 with that being said another season done another season we wave good bye to our Converted Winger and the search goes on to finding our next gem

As always thanks for taking the time for reading my career and see you in season 3!

You make it look easy. Almost 50 gls that's way more than the required number. Doing great so far. Hope the next player does just as well.

4 hours ago, Ashez said:

Very impressive mate :) 

Thanks for the kind words, So far it hasn't been easy results very much up and down but loving the challenge, It's a gem of challenge, I have a great #3 player was brilliant on previous editions but in real life when he sealed a move to England it didn't go down well (Can you guess? Lol)

added 0 minutes later
9 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

You make it look easy. Almost 50 gls that's way more than the required number. Doing great so far. Hope the next player does just as well.

It may look easy but OME is very unpredictable one minute I smash it then I dip so hit and miss but still scoring the goals which is good 

8 hours ago, mcandrew003 said:

Very well done mate, a fantastic score! Bring on season 3!

Thanks, Got a great player for season 3 

added 0 minutes later
8 hours ago, Granit Xhaxa said:

Good going so far

Yes going good at the minute, I'm hoping I can take this to 20+ seasons Lol

The Converted Winger Season 3

So the last couple of seasons have been very good, We have hit way over what we needed to hit, Every year we have beat the previous year so let's keep that going.

Transfers where my aim to try and get some class players in especially some wingers and a Converted Winger, So let's delve into season 3 and see who I picked and how I got on.

Player Pick #3

So in season 3 we went for Lazar Markovic, He posses some insane stats and I belive he can take us too the next level, My tactic has finally clicked with my 2 wingers and my CF.

Transfers Out

So we let go a lot of players of free transfers they where nothing more than dead wood and we made some nice money towards buying some players 

Transfers In

So we really attacked the transfer market my aim was to bolster my attack and make some good signings, Praet is a gem I have used him on previous versions and always comes good, We also picked up Tello on a free and what a signing that is! All in all a very good transfer market compared to the last 2 seasons.

Turkish Super Cup

Im just going to leave this here...........

Champions League

So in the UCL group stages we where drawn in the same group as, (us),Barcelona,Arsenal & Wolfsburg, The group of death! So we scrapped the group and made 2nd place, But that was enough we where then drawn in the next round against PSG we managed to beat them and then Real Madrid Lol, TBH we gave Madrid a good game in both legs but they where too good for us.

League Table 

So for the third season in a row we win the league, Champions!!

Turkish Cup

The Main Event 

So Markovic absolutely smashed it! Smashed in 53 goals and also chipped in 10 assists, What a player he truely is! But wait...... Check out Tello & Praet this two really are the unsung heroes, Yes the challenge is about Markovic but these two killed it 

So as you can see they where awesome! As always people thanks for taking the time for reading my career and see you all in season 4

16 minutes ago, Cockers2505 said:

Brilliant @Rafa2017 really killing it, your goal stats are immense considering these are normally wingers, good luck for the next season.

Thanks, I play them both on the Wing and as INF my tactic won't work unless I play them in this role 

11 minutes ago, fuddledfoxFM said:

What a return from Markovic. Keep up the good work, looking forward to seeing season 4.

I think the markovic tally will take some beating, He is pure class