Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help Goalscoring

Hey guys,

I've seen a lot of people have great success with their strikers, scoring a thousand goals in a career, 80 a season and whatnot, but I struggle to get 50 a season out of a Messi Regen. My formation is:

GK

WB/CD/CD/WB

BWM/CM

IF/AP/IF

P

Any formations/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I would play a 4231 with two CMs:

_______GK______

FB__CD__CD__FB

___DLP__BBM___

APM__APM__APM

_______P_______

Choose the instructions depending on the opposition and the gameplay.

Pretty sure it's harder to get lots of goals with one player on the enhanced engine. 50 is very good anyway, too much more is just unrealistic.

I scored 1000 with Adam Armstrong at Celtic and he was nowhere near as good as your striker. I surrounded him with World Class players and used the following formation:

_______GK_______

WB__CB_CB__WB

__DLP_AP_CM__

W____________W

________P________

Attacking, Direct, Counter Attacking (some of the time).

He missed a lot of headers, but he got a lot of chances and took plenty of them. I found with IFs or a central attacking AP, they took too many of my striker's goals, but wingers would cross into him more often instead of cutting inside into his space and shooting like IFs would.

But there are so many variables that you have to tweak things to make them work for your striker and there are plenty of ways to be successful and my way may not work for as well for you.

Anyway, good luck!

21 hours ago, gbohunmi10 said:

try changing one /or both ,  of the ifs to a winger and changing wbs to full backs

7 hours ago, KennyMiller27 said:

I'd say put an IF on his weaker side and a W for service on his stronger side

3 hours ago, scratch99 said:

I found with IFs or a central attacking AP, they took too many of my striker's goals.

I wouldn't play IFs if you want your striker to score a lot. Ws and WBs primary cross a lot which isn't ideal when your striker has 8 aerial. If you see that your central attacking APM is taking too many goals than exchange it for a CM.

1 minute ago, Granit Xhaxa said:

I wouldn't play IFs if you want your striker to score a lot. Ws and WBs primary cross a lot which isn't ideal when your striker has 8 aerial. If you see that your central attacking APM is taking too many goals than exchange it for a CM.

My logic on putting an IF on his weaker side is to pull defenders away from there and take  away their option of pushing the striker there mate =)