Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games Arobbo92 & mcandrew003 present: The Vibe Olympic Games!

Just wondering, lets say for argument sake that you manage to get your player sent off, that means he misses the next game, then after another red he might miss two, so is it still the standard 16 league games, or do you get to play 16 games with your player and see how many of them he gets sent off in

So instead of showing 16 league games you show the players history and once he's played 16 then you show that and how many red cards he managed

Lets just say my first game didn't exactly go to plan

Spoiler

593f77ff7dc21_IMG_31341.thumb.PNG.49d324d743f4f8600f595fff94c9cd28.PNG

How the hell does he win MOM playing as a CD (he has a 9 stat for tackling and 20 aggression yet he wins 5 out of 6 tackles) 

1 hour ago, Taff said:

Just wondering, lets say for argument sake that you manage to get your player sent off, that means he misses the next game, then after another red he might miss two, so is it still the standard 16 league games, or do you get to play 16 games with your player and see how many of them he gets sent off in

So instead of showing 16 league games you show the players history and once he's played 16 then you show that and how many red cards he managed

Interesting..... Not sure what to say here. We'd like to stick to the 16 game format as much as physically possible, but can see where the issues can creep in. Thoughts @arobbo92

1 hour ago, Taff said:

This. Genuinely wondering how it goes

17 minutes ago, mcandrew003 said:

Interesting..... Not sure what to say here. We'd like to stick to the 16 game format as much as physically possible, but can see where the issues can creep in. Thoughts @arobbo92

Stick to the format dude, it's cool, it makes it more challenging after all

5 minutes ago, Taff said:

Stick to the format dude, it's cool, it makes it more challenging after all

Only if you are sure mate, thanks for understanding. 

4 minutes ago, mcandrew003 said:

Only if you are sure mate, thanks for understanding. 

It's Ok just thought with the nature of the challenge it's tough to give them 16 games, Finally got Costa a Red Card which meant he missed the next league game, but has now missed a second league game due to 5 yellow cards so it limits his time to achieve the sendings off

but everyone is in the same boat so were better sticking to the OP and using 16 league games

Slowly catching up with all the posts but I came third but I didn't get any points on the leaderboard?!

My guys only got about 2 goals in the last 4 games as well, sad times but at least it's my first time on the podium. 

Looking forward to getting my double footed tackles into the next challenge, I imagine 2 would be a pretty good score? Maybe I can get a 3rd with 0 >.> 

4 hours ago, Taff said:

Lets just say my first game didn't exactly go to plan

Hide contents

593f77ff7dc21_IMG_31341.thumb.PNG.49d324d743f4f8600f595fff94c9cd28.PNG

How the hell does he win MOM playing as a CD (he has a 9 stat for tackling and 20 aggression yet he wins 5 out of 6 tackles) 

Wow! I'm going to look at defenders in a whole new light now, make sure I have Aerial, strength, aggression and shooting ?

1 hour ago, Idol said:

Slowly catching up with all the posts but I came third but I didn't get any points on the leaderboard?!

My guys only got about 2 goals in the last 4 games as well, sad times but at least it's my first time on the podium. 

Looking forward to getting my double footed tackles into the next challenge, I imagine 2 would be a pretty good score? Maybe I can get a 3rd with 0 >.> 

That's my bad @Idol I'll update the leaderboard later today to show your points.

4 hours ago, mcandrew003 said:

Just caught up on this and I would suggest to keep to the format to make it fair for all, but totally understand where your coming from ??

I wouldn't even consider changing the format if it was my decision. The fact that it ensures there's a minimum and maximum amount of red cards available makes it even more challenging, plus if a contestant is trying to pick up on the rules it often means they're trying to gain an advantage it some way. Very cheeky @Taff :P

The leaderboard doesn't surprise me at all really, top three were all Challenge Cup quarter-finalists!

You don't ask you don't get @samhardy

It was just a thought as, the other rounds give you a guaranteed 16 games to complete the challenge, but the nature of this one means that if you're successful your missing games to boost your score

But mine are in so It's just waiting to see if the 35 Red Cards I got are enough

Just going to leave this here, awaiting replies on how the EME is the 'most realistic' engine...

image.png.8f6dc268c90465a4e734e9d192fe9d23.png

image.png.60203dfab35067552f1a111e6cd56b3b.png

image.png.0c07a52acade8c1d8753c913b1a0cdf5.png

Played all game with this formation hoping that Costa would get a red due to being the only defensive minded player in the squad!

1 hour ago, Brenty92 said:

Just going to leave this here, awaiting replies on how the EME is the 'most realistic' engine...

image.png.8f6dc268c90465a4e734e9d192fe9d23.png

image.png.60203dfab35067552f1a111e6cd56b3b.png

image.png.0c07a52acade8c1d8753c913b1a0cdf5.png

Played all game with this formation hoping that Costa would get a red due to being the only defensive minded player in the squad!

None of the engines are realistic let's be honest.

19 minutes ago, Mikee1984 said:

None of the engines are realistic let's be honest.

My point exactly, this was sold as a more realistic engine yet playing a striker as the only defensive player in the XI results in a draw!

15 minutes ago, Brenty92 said:

My point exactly, this was sold as a more realistic engine yet playing a striker as the only defensive player in the XI results in a draw!

Haha I know mate, costa got an 8 rating and won loads of headers... beast of a defender ?

1 hour ago, Mikee1984 said:

Haha I know mate, costa got an 8 rating and won loads of headers... beast of a defender ?

28 interceptions ?

added 0 minutes later

Bet he was knackered after the game!

I was playing with a similar formation Brenty, but I think I worked out that he was too slow to actually foul anyone. 

Basically by the time he gets anywhere near another attacker they just pass it on to someone else and he's got no chance of getting anywhere near them.

I did get sacked 8 games in like so I wouldn't listen to me! 

46 minutes ago, Idol said:

I was playing with a similar formation Brenty, but I think I worked out that he was too slow to actually foul anyone. 

Basically by the time he gets anywhere near another attacker they just pass it on to someone else and he's got no chance of getting anywhere near them.

I did get sacked 8 games in like so I wouldn't listen to me! 

I actually managed to win 7 games ?

Event 4 Round-Up - Judo

IMG_7477.thumb.PNG.9a84521615acfc5ae6078519c5c1997b.PNG

Good afternoon to all competitors and observers, and welcome to the Event 4 round - up! We are well into the competition now, and with the table starting to take shape, can this be the round one of you snatches the vital gold medal, or will you flop and fall behind? 

So, the challenge was announced on Monday evening, and we received submittion straight away! The first one to be recorded was Taff's incredible 3 red cards, using Diego Costa. We then received decent results like Brenty92's 1 dismissal using, yet again, Diego Costa, aswell as some who struggled, like Muzza2108's 0 Red's using Lubomir Fesja

So, with that, I present....

The Event 4 Podiums!

IMG_7545.thumb.PNG.4d8b1b694c622aaa7af569889d5c6fe2.PNG

Massove congrats to all of the competitors on the podiums this time round. Great to see a new name in @chewkaiwen grabbing the gold this time round, whilst @Taff consigns himself to that Silver medal for a 4th time, and we have a 3 way joint third. Well done all! 

Event 4 Points List

IMG_7544.thumb.PNG.5e26568298c0ddd54271b941729cca6a.PNG

As you can see, Costa was a popular choice for this round. Unlucky to those who finished on 0, next time might be your last chance to catch up of you haven't submitted! 

Vibe Olympics Table

IMG_7546.thumb.PNG.bd2e7060612f4fad018636f0c14c7258.PNG

Extremely close going into the last 2 rounds, can't wait to see who comes out on top! People with no medals, all you need is 2 golds to be up there! 

So, there you go! Event 5 will be up at some point tommorow afternoon, so make sure you are checking regularly! Thanks to all those who submitted, and also @arobbo92 for another set of fantastic graphics. Thanks for reading!