Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games Arobbo92 & mcandrew003 present: The Vibe Olympic Games!

4 minutes ago, Muzza2108 said:

Torino have no defensive quality ? I was amazed to get 11 clean sheets with Joe Hart 

I found they were fine when you have 7 defensive players in the field.

Just now, Real_Random said:

I found they were fine when you have 7 defensive players in the field.

But you also had the top 3 scorers aswel you said, how??

9 minutes ago, Mikee1984 said:

But you also had the top 3 scorers aswel you said, how??

Look mate I said at one point my teams top goal scorers were 3 players on one goal each. I admit the wording could of have been better but in my first four games I scored only 3 goals and a different player scored each goal

1 minute ago, Brenty92 said:

When will the last event be up?

Will try and get it up around mid-day, if I'm busy through it will be tonight. Is that ok mate?

59 minutes ago, mcandrew003 said:

For instance, just a few months ago we had somebody score 250 odd goals with a CB.

That would be me and that's pure class ;)

I know we can't prove everyone's playing a clean game here or in any other career  at that but we just gotta hope everyone does and trust one another. Personally I wouldn't know why anyone would do such thing since a little knowledge and experience gets you a looong way at this game. Cheat and the only person you're cheating is yourself. 

It's been a great tournament so far. Let's pls keep it that way guys.

2 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

That would be me and that's pure class ;)

I know we can't prove everyone's playing a clean game here or in any other career  at that but we just gotta hope everyone does and trust one another. Personally I wouldn't know why anyone would do such thing since a little knowledge and experience gets you a looong way at this game. Cheat and the only person you're cheating is yourself. 

It's been a great tournament so far. Let's pls keep it that way guys.

Pure class would be the right words :D

Conpletely agree. There is no way for me and Arobbo to test for reloading, so we have to go with what we have got in front of our eyes, which is your screenshots. I hope you guys understand we are trying to make this as fair as possible, and if there is any hint of cheating we will sniff it out. 

Live enjoyed this loads and I'm glad some of you have to, even you BG and you haven't even competed. Thanks. 

27 minutes ago, mcandrew003 said:

Will try and get it up around mid-day, if I'm busy through it will be tonight. Is that ok mate?

Yeah mate of course, was just wondering that's all

10 minutes ago, Real_Random said:

I really have enjoyed this competition and I hope this can become an annual event on vibe's calendar like the Challenge Cup

Thanks very much RR, that's really great to hear :D

Think I might aswell disclose to you all now, we have major plans in place to make this an annual event for Vibe. Arobbo hasn't actually gotten back to me yet, but I want to make this something massive. A major thing we have found is that people are losing interest when they have no chance of winning anymore, which is why I have made the point to Arobbo of thinking of a new structure for it. We would like to keep the 16 game time frame as we feel that gives it a unique feel and identifies it as different to the Challenge Cup. We would also like to make 2 a year, a Winter Olympics and a Summer Olympics, although don't know how possible that will be with the Challenge Cup schedule. 

We have tonnes more ideas but I can't disclose everything or else you won't have anything to look forward to. Feel free to leave suggestions and thoughts on the tournament as it will help us identify an issues. Cheers lads. 

Great ideas mate,and in my mind you should not think of other Cups - you should think what does the community wants, and we want this, IF we have the opportunity to win it ;):P

3 hours ago, mcandrew003 said:

Thanks very much RR, that's really great to hear :D

Think I might aswell disclose to you all now, we have major plans in place to make this an annual event for Vibe. Arobbo hasn't actually gotten back to me yet, but I want to make this something massive. A major thing we have found is that people are losing interest when they have no chance of winning anymore, which is why I have made the point to Arobbo of thinking of a new structure for it. We would like to keep the 16 game time frame as we feel that gives it a unique feel and identifies it as different to the Challenge Cup. We would also like to make 2 a year, a Winter Olympics and a Summer Olympics, although don't know how possible that will be with the Challenge Cup schedule. 

We have tonnes more ideas but I can't disclose everything or else you won't have anything to look forward to. Feel free to leave suggestions and thoughts on the tournament as it will help us identify an issues. Cheers lads. 

Maybe have more points for further down the table. The event could be run in the style of a heptathlon so you get points where ever you finish in each event. Perhaps even the score from each event would be the score you get E.G. I got 10 clean sheets so score 10 points in this event. I think this would keep peoples interest up as you would have points on the board. Then at the end of all the events gold silver and bronze are handed out to the top 3 finishers.

Like the sound of summer and winter as well. Maybe winter in Jan/Feb time when interest is waning in the game and then summer June/July when not much footie on.

3 hours ago, AndersJ said:

Great ideas mate,and in my mind you should not think of other Cups - you should think what does the community wants, and we want this, IF we have the opportunity to win it ;):P

Thanks Anders. I personally want to base the next one on 2 things:

1. What do you guys want? (Basically what Anders said) this can be events, minor structural changes and things like that.

2. What do me and Arobbo want/need? This will be things that we feel will boost the interest in the competition, and hopefully see many more people sign up for the next one. It's highly likely there will be a massive structural change, but can't promise anything. Would anybody object to a knockout structure? Also have another nice little idea I want to put into play, but we'll see. 

5 minutes ago, fuddledfoxFM said:

Maybe have more points for further down the table. The event could be run in the style of a heptathlon so you get points where ever you finish in each event. Perhaps even the score from each event would be the score you get E.G. I got 10 clean sheets so score 10 points in this event. I think this would keep peoples interest up as you would have points on the board. Then at the end of all the events gold silver and bronze are handed out to the top 3 finishers.

Like the sound of summer and winter as well. Maybe winter in Jan/Feb time when interest is waning in the game and then summer June/July when not much footie on.

Thanks for this amazing feedback Foxy, quality stuff :D That is a good structural request, I'm personally edging towards a group system. Here is what I'm thinking:

5 groups of 4. Round 1, 1 person is eliminated from each group. It then turns into 4 groups of 4, but it is randomized again. Round 2, 1 person from each group eliminated again, turns into 3 groups of 4. Etc.... 

Not sure about the one above though, only just though of it. Winter and Summer would be good for us as then we can use events from both. 

Hell another silver I thought 12 would be enough for Gold

@Real_Random you have done it to me again and I have no doubt about the results being honest, well done mate (just hope I can finally win 1 sodding gold to clinch the Olympic Crown) although I can't complain about 5 straight Silver Medals 

Bring on the Final

@mcandrew003 and @arobbo92 you guys have worked wonders and given the community another fantastic annual event to look forward to

well done guys and well done to everyone who has taken part

Event 6 - Final Event - Diving 

IMG_6364.JPG.7fca0b59575ab1dae480de5eb1484cdd.JPG

Wow. Just wow. What an incredible journey this has been. What started as a little idea has become a massive Vibe tournament , accumulating over 7,000 views. This is incredible. You guys have been amazing through this whole thing, going along with the challenges and structure so well and being a great community throughout. Sure, we have had the odd questionable result or difficult challenge, but the atmosphere in here has been incredible (You might hear me use that word a few times.) 

IMG_7608.thumb.PNG.be7bb3e51c7a2ab9ff84f2dcd4c3c9f0.PNG

Thats likely going to be the last of this technical wizardry you will see in this version of the competition, might have to cope with my B-Tech graphics if Arobbo isn't back in time. This event is going to be diving, which I think fits well. Can you perform in the big stage, the final stage? 

Diving

Diving is about the performance of the individual and how they are rated on that particular performance…

In this event you have 16 games to score the highest average rating as you can. 

To make this fair, each participate will represent the following players.

• Kevin Gameiro – A. Madrid

• Romelu Lukaku – Everton

• Javier Hernandez – Leverkusen

• Alexandre Lacazette - Lyon

• Edin Dzeko – Roma

• Bas Dost – Sporting Lisbon

16 games
x Average Rating

Another great challenge from the man himself @arobbo92. A nice one to end on, get your chosen player to perform to his highest ability, and steal the show. I think I'll let you win if you nick the Silver off @Taff, it's starting to look a bit suspicious.... :P

Rules
- Pick any player from those listed above
- Submit your results to both me AND @arobbo92
- All rules and restrictions from before
- 16 league games
- No transfers
- Highest Average Rating wins! 

Deadline - 18.00 UK Time, Friday 30th June 
So, the final hurdle. What do you all think of this one? Can you snatch that medal? Or are you hoping to just get anything in the board? Let us know, and thanks for reading!
5 hours ago, Taff said:

Hell another silver I thought 12 would be enough for Gold

@Real_Random you have done it to me again and I have no doubt about the results being honest, well done mate (just hope I can finally win 1 sodding gold to clinch the Olympic Crown) although I can't complain about 5 straight Silver Medals 

Bring on the Final

@mcandrew003 and @arobbo92 you guys have worked wonders and given the community another fantastic annual event to look forward to

well done guys and well done to everyone who has taken part

Thanks for this comment earlier Taff, sorry I missed it. Means a lot to hear you say that :D

15 minutes ago, Taff said:

Looks like a good way to end the tournament, bring it on @Real_Random

Glad you like the Event, the 2 horse race for gold will be interesting. Best of luck to all!

48 minutes ago, mcandrew003 said:

Glad you like the Event, the 2 horse race for gold will be interesting. Best of luck to all!

Excuse me... Technically it's mathematically possible for me to snatch gold, just need Taff and RR to fall at the last hurdle ?

3 minutes ago, Brenty92 said:

Excuse me... Technically it's mathematically possible for me to snatch gold, just need Taff and RR to fall at the last hurdle ?

We'll call I tell a 2.5 horse race then :laugh::P

4 minutes ago, Eogtuc0910 said:

Could you just stop playing him if he got a 10 in his first game

Unfortunately not mate :D Full 16 games, like always. 

Wow, some awesome results from that last round! I thought 9 was pretty good at the time and I'm nearly bottom of the pile! I was of course totally robbed in all the 7 games I conceded in... Honest! Awesome work RR, 

Next one looks like a classic challenge, good to be back to goalscoring! (other means of scoring high average ratings are available) 

Regarding points, I would recommend doing something like benchmarking the average score of all the competitors as 1000 points, then divide the score each person got by the average for a score, this will give you something like the heptathlete method, but obviously we don't have all the data they have to set a middle mark so you'd have to do it challenge by challenge. This would give a fair amount of score to each challenge. If you just took the number of whatever the challenge was aimed at as the score you'd make some challenges nearly pointless.

The only problems would appear when you had a challenge like the red cards one which engenders low scores, which would throw up some really big and zero scores.

Just 4 entries lads, 4. This is why we are planning a new structure to make sure everybody has a chance next time round. If you are considering submitting, please do to keep the competition up. Cheers!

6 hours ago, mcandrew003 said:

Just 4 entries lads, 4. This is why we are planning a new structure to make sure everybody has a chance next time round. If you are considering submitting, please do to keep the competition up. Cheers!

I've always been told "Finish what you start" and I've stuck by it.

The remaining players and hosts are duped if you don't so it's the only right thing to do. 

Yourself and Robbo have done a great job so far. Next time use deadlines and stick to those and anyone missing one deadline should be removed from the competition. Nothing personal but it's in the best interest of the tournament.