Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career 500 International BatiGoals

Thanks guys! Do hope to see more blue's turn into green's but as long as they keep producing I'm fine with any color :) Getting all 5 to score is great but does make progress seem slow. It's a looong road ahead still.

It'll be interesting seeing how many games you get per season, progression in major events will be important I guess. 

That is it @Idol ultimately it's how I fare in those major tournaments that will make or break this African trip I'm on. We have yet to face European or S.American opposition. Can't wait to test my boys vs the world's elite.

3 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

Thanks @arobbo92 hopefully next update's out before the weekend with lots more goals.

Great stuff mate, I've tried Nigeria once and their attacking options are great! Look forward to it pal.

Thanks @Ashez but the goals aren't exactly coming from all angles anymore. One of the five picked up an injury at the start of the AFCON and missed the entire tournament so he's clearly fallen behind. Also some inconsistent performances since then. The team isn't good enough to play this formation tbh but I insist. :) hoping their development picks up -mainly two mids and two defs- so we get better scores in.

Update tonight.

This is brilliant! Such an ambitious challenge. I guess Argentina or Brazil would have been the obvious choice for this, but it's great to see so many quality Nigerian strikers.

How confident are you right now? I've seen four of your five players develop in to real beasts, although I have to admit I haven't come across Sadiq before.

Thanks @Mr.Manager but surprisingly Argentina had too few quality 18-21 yo.. Brazil had plenty. But loved the idea to manage in Africa.

As for being confident? I'm confident in getting at least 1 guy 100 goals. All 5..don't see that happening yet. Gotta get a little closer to the finishline to gain confidence levels :) Cheers mate!

500 International BatiGoals

- 2017 -

Let's throw in another update. I'm trying to keep these updates just short enough for them not to become a complete drag for myself and just long enough for you guys to know where we're at in the challenge and the work that still needs to be done. Alright. Let's get on with this year's results. Kind of a mixed bag really but the goal-production's been quite alright.

We started the year with the AFCON which was my first ever on FMM. The games came thick and fast which was a challenge in itself. One of my Five Forwards, Success, got injured on day 1 and was sidelined the entire tournament. So he missed a bunch of games as a results. Bad start to 2017, but we must not stand still. The group stages were perfect beating all opponents quite comfortably, but then things got a little trickier for this still very young Nigerian side. It's not an excuse, it's a fact :P

AFCON quarter-finals

AFCONgame1.png

Simple domination and the result could've been more in our favor but we're through.

AFCON semi-finals

AFCONgame2.png

South Africa put up an incredible fight to win the game after 90min. and an incredible fight to lose the shoot-out lol

AFCON final

AFCONgame3.png

A loss. I'm happy to go all the way and get valuable games for the FF (loyal followers will know this will stand for Five Forwards from now on ;) ). Dominated but playing two IFs we know we shouldn't take the stats at face value. XP gained I say.

The Results - 2017

results2017.png

Let me explain. It looks worse that it really is perhaps haha. The Egypt loss was deserved, no complaints. The Austria loss ..uhh deserved too. But had litterally no good defenders due to injuries/suspensions..I have to say Nigeria are very worryingly short in decent defenders. Glad I'm only playing 2 in this formation but I'm seriously in need of young guns to pop up sooner rather than later. GK same thing. No complaints about the other two lines, forwards and midfielders, but the defensive area might become a problem. And then the Congo loss..got some late goals if i remember correctly and was fiddling a bit with player roles. Not too bothered losing friendlies as long as my FFs get their goals in.

Stand Out Games

Spoiler

Games2017b.png

Games2017d.png

Games2017c.png

Games2017a.png

Delighted with the Venezuela hammering and with Iheanacho's hat-trick. Also Success getting his goals in is fantastic after his injury. He's got some catching up to do on that front.

The Fixtures - 2018

fixtures2017.png

Massive games Vs Argentina and France coming up in 2018. The World Cup group of DEATH included. I want to say we're so not ready to face these type of challenges yet but..I'll just say we'll try to be ready when time comes. Really hope we manage to strengthen our defensive lines by that time or we're sent packing in humiliating fashion. I risk being sacked if that happens..which ends this challenge :O

The Five Forwards

Taiwo Awoniyi +6gls

Spoiler

Player2017D.png

Awoniyi is still at Liverpool, which is great, and is now a stronger player and better shooter.

Umar Sadiq +5gls

Spoiler

Player2017C.png

Sadiq is now a valuable Roma player and upped his leadership by an incredible +12 ..A future Captain surely.

Kelechi Iheanacho +13gls

Spoiler

Player2017A.png

Iheanacho doing his thing at City but not really showing any major improvements. But he scored a great amount for Nigeria.

Isaac Success +6gls

Spoiler

Player2017B.png

Success has become a better dribbler during his time at Watford but still not the greens I'd like to see from him.

Alex Iwobi +8gls

Spoiler

Player2017E.png

Iwobi's been a revelation in my book. Of course I'd love to see that shooting shoot up a bit more but the rest of his attributes are gorgeous. It's been a fine year for him.

All things considered 2017 has been a success. We got hit by only a few injuries to our main men and played 16 ITN games, which is more than I expected. They managed to score a combined 38 gls. A very decent number. But it's a number we need to try to beat. 50 is next year's target altho it largely depends on the amount of games we get. A good run in the World Cup..provided we do the impossible and survive the group of death..decides whether we're going to have a good or great 2018. Let's hope for the best. I'll make sure my FFs are ready for each upcoming game. Thanks for reading guys and see you next update.

BatiGoal's African Adventure - 5x 100 ITN Goals - 22 games played

• 10/100 gls - Taiwo Awoniyi
  • 9/100 gls - Umar Sadiq
  • 16/100 gls - Kelechi Iheanacho
  • 10/100 gls - Isaac Success
  • 11/100 gls - Alex Iwobi

Another great update enjoyed that, and really good to see all 5 of your men contributing as well with a nice goal spread. Unlucky in the cup final but I'm sure your Nigerian warriors won't let you down in the World Cup...

That Austria game was a bit mad weren't it ? Iheanacho was always bound to be first to cross the line in my eyes and the fact he's slowly pulling away fro the rest is starting to prove that, really enjoyable read mate!

Thanks @Brenty92 yup Austria game was a lesson learnt I suppose. Jon Obi Mikel played majority of 2017 as a defender. He does a very decent job tbf but goes to show our defensive problems at the moment.

Thanks @mcandrew003 priority is to do enough to please the board and keep the job. But of course they'll demand a trophy at some point and we gotta make sure to show progression and give them a Cup once in a while.

My aim is getting each forward roughly 10gls/year in (and 50 combined) they're not too far off of that number. 

I suppose you could take over a club side, max out training facilities and then sign all the nigerians you can find? Would take a lot more effort and time to run through the game though.

Those regens are starting to make their appearance in the game @Brenty92 but nothing of the quality I'm looking for at the moment. Not yet.

You're right @Idol running a club simultaneously would be ideal to nurture raw talents for the national team. It's what I would normally do but for this challenge I've chosen to go at it the hard way. Also, I like the fact that I have no control over these forwards when they're back at the clubs.

It's also a little side journey I'm enjoying following; where these boys end up, at which clubs, how they cope with competition for places and how their attributes develop. That's why I have a small inclusion of their stats and info at the end of each update. Adds to the save imo and makes me want to pick up the phone to continue following their personal progression apart from the challenge itself.

Cheers guys!

I've found that African regens come into the game looking 10x worse than any other nationality, however quite a few of them are worth a punt. Give 1 or 2 a go in friendlies, they can often get more game time due to being an international player lol

Slightly disappointed in losing the final @Ashez especially after leading 2-0 but didn't expect to make it tbh. Now..a year into the job.. I'm adjusting my expectations. The boys have now an AFCON + WC under their belt. With the gained XP I'm aiming for the sky. 

Update today..

@Brenty92 Iheanacho did very well again. Looks like he could be the one to hit 100 first.

@Ashez luckily we got to play 15 ITN games in total in 2018. I'm happy with anything over 12. Btw *spoiler alert* we didn't win the World Cup either, simply lacking the quality at the back for now, but the team is growing. There's hope!

500 International BatiGoals

- 2018 -

An update every other day. That's the pace I'm intending to keep for this career. So with 2016 -pretty decent- and 2017 -pretty good- let's look at what the FFs (that's the Five Forwards I told you to remember!) achieved in 2018.

After Nigeria's first major tournament, under my management, ended in a respectable runners-up spot at the AFCON it's time to test ourselves at the World Cup 2018 in Russia. Ideally we'd be having this tournament in a few months from now but we're not living in an ideal world. My squad isn't great yet particularly the defensive lines but hopefully our FFs and the tactical set up we're threatening the opponents with can pull us through against the much stronger opposition we've faced so far. Let's fast-forward to June 2018...

We're thrown into a group with France, Argentina and Costa Rica. I protested against this and demanded a re-draw but the FIFA boys would have none of it. It's a Group of Death as far as I'm concerned but that's reality and we must make the most of it. First up, France.

Nigeria2018a.png

For some reason I knew this was going to be the toughest match-up. Simple, no chance. 5-4 looks decent and it actually is outstanding to score 4 Vs France, and it's another +4 gls for my FFs but we're in serious trouble now. Two late goals by Sadiq, excellent job man!, is a welcome consolation and somewhat lifted the team's spirits. Argentina followed..a potentially deciding game!

Nigeria2018b.png

Another 4 goals. That's 8 gls Vs top level opposition. Delighted and it's 3 pts by a late Iwobi goal. We're so back in it if we manage to win our final game against Costa Rica. Really good performance again. The leakiness at the back we take for granted. Our defence just isn't up to par this tournament so we gotta outscore opponents for now.

Nigeria2018c.png

Never an easy game that third and final group match but we did what we came to do. Totally dominated and I'm happy to get a decent GD in since it could become a deciding factor in a group with only 3 games, especially having lost the opener. A clean sheet is extremely rare for this 2-2-1-5 set up and the quality of my boys at the back. 11 goals in a group of death isn't exactly terrible.

Final Group Standings

Nigeria2018dida.png

This feels like a huge victory. The guys that beat us are out + we win the group! That's definitely not what we saw happening after losing 4-5 to France. Well, on we go then..

WC 2nd Round

Nigeria2018e.png

Just like Vs Argentina it's another 86th min goal to bring in the win this time by Awoniyi. We were outplayed but more effective on the day. On we go..

WC quarter final

Nigeria2018f.png

Another 3-2 victory. The goals are really starting to pile up. Win or lose I'm loving the amount the FFs are netting. Loving it! Looking at the overall stats I say we were Spain's equal but, just like Vs Portugal, more effective. It was really tight tho with 1-2 in the 87th and equalizing in the 89th but we had just that extra bit of energy left in the tank to grab the win. And on we go..

WC semi final

Nigeria2018g.png

Alright. Poof goes the dream. Outplayed. The shaky defence that managed to somewhat stay organized against the World's best was torn apart by Belgium. It's another 2 goals that count for this challenge but our WC run has come to an end right here.

More high-scoring games in 2018

Spoiler

Nigeria2018i.png

Nigeria2018h.png

The goals really flew in this year, 9 in these two games but 8 from the FFs. Can't wait to see their combined goal tally for 2018.

The Five Forwards

Taiwo Awoniyi +4gls

Spoiler

NigerianPlayerD.png

Taiwo is still playing for Liverpool and upped his Decisions by +2. Not a super year tho with 4 ITN goals to his name.

Umar Sadiq +15gls

Spoiler

NigerianPlayerB.png

Umar is rocking it for Roma now and upped both Aerial and Decisions to greens this year. Also a whopping +15 ITN goals.

Kelechi Iheanacho +13gls

Spoiler

NigerianPlayerC.png

Kelechi and City seem inseperable. Also +2 Decisions for him and a bump in Pace as well. A consecutive year with +13 ITN goals.

Isaac Success +6gls

Spoiler

NigerianPlayerA.png

Also no club chance for Isaac yet. Great to see Movement +2 as well as a little bump in Shooting and Dribbling. +6 ITN goals is OK.

Alex Iwobi +5gls

Spoiler

NigerianPlayerE.png

Alex The Gunner didn't do great goal-wise but had a fine season from the right flank. Very happy to see his Shooting reach 14 and I'll be even happier if it turns green by the time one of the other strikers hits a century of goals. Once that happens I may play him as a striker (despite his yellow) or flank depending on the FFs goal production then. I'll have to keep an eye on that.

As for 2018..quite good. We got a combined tally of 43. That's an increase of +5 over last year but 7 short of my target 50. Hopefully we see a bigger total in 2019. The AFCON is awaiting us and we'll do our best to reach AND win the final this time. Our strikers are top..midfield really solid..defence getting better..and GK using his experience (not quality) to keep us in the games. I can't wait to make a start to 2019. Thanks for reading and comments of any kind appreciated. See you in 2019. Cheers!

BatiGoal's African Adventure - 5x 100 ITN Goals - 37 games played

• 14/100 gls - Taiwo Awoniyi
  • 24/100 gls - Umar Sadiq
  • 29/100 gls - Kelechi Iheanacho
  • 16/100 gls - Isaac Success
  • 16/100 gls - Alex Iwobi
  • 99/500