Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career 500 International BatiGoals

Turns out my prediction was wrong, Sadiq ran the show this year!! Well played pal looking forward to next update already !

Thanks @Brenty92 tbf I think both Sadiq and Iheanacho ran with it this year. The other three, not so much the two IFs but fellow Center Forward Awoniyi, need to start pulling their weight next year. Can't wait to switch to a more stable 4-2-4 tho.

500 International BatiGoals

- 2019 -

AFCON Action

It was simple. I told the boys that we did very well in 2017 reaching the final but eventually losing to Egypt after ET (2-3). So we're back and only the Cup counts this time. In 2017 the group was together for only a few months. Now 2 years further we have a much more improved and experienced team and the FFs are incredibly hungry for their first silverware with their country. It went like this..

Group Stages - 3 wins vs Congo, Ghana and Cameroon.

Quarter Final - a win over Egypt (3-1) the 2017 loss can now finally be forgotten.

Semi Final - a win over Ivory Coast (3-3p) to set up a Nigeria vs South Africa final.

Final

Nigeria2019b.png

A one-sided final really. Great job of my IFs Iwobi and Success getting those goals in. My first Cup with Nigeria. The first one is always a special one. Hopefully a sign of plenty more Cups to come.

Nigeria2019c.png

I rarely post these shots but I've become a very superstitious man since getting the Nigerian job. I believe posting this will bring more Cups in :)

2019 - The Rest

3x 3-3

Nigeria2019a.png

Nigeria2019e.png

Nigeria2019f.png

Not sure where all these 3-3s came from but you know what..bring it. It means goals for my FFs so I'm not too bothered with the points. Don't need points, need goals. If only my board agreed, but they got their AFCON Cup in so I've earned some credit for the next year I hope.

3x other results

Spoiler

Nigeria2019d.png

Nigeria2019g.png

Nigeria2019h.png

14 gls in 3 games. Great to see all my forwards on the scoresheet. Hopefully we manage to beat last year's combined total of 43 gls.

The Five Forwards

• Taiwo Awoniyi +7gls
Spoiler

NigerianPL4.png

A gorgeous bump in Shooting 17->20. I expect a great 2020 from this Liverpool hero. I may need to tweak his player role tho.

• Umar Sadiq +8gls
Spoiler

NigerianPL2.png

Small ups in Shooting and Decisions but those smalls count big at this level. 2020 must get him at least 10 ITN goals.

• Kelechi Iheanacho +13gls
Spoiler

NigerianPL5juti.png

Bit of an odd fellow this one. A decline in certain attributes but he produced a 3rd consecutive +13 ITN gls. Well, keep going man!

• Isaac Success +11gls
Spoiler

NigerianPL3.png

Success is this year's success story. From Watford to AC Milan and his flank attributes made the jump with him. Crossing and Dribbling 17->20 powered up and he's a much much improved player now since joining Serie A. It's +11 ITN gls for an IF.

• Alex Iwobi +6gls
Spoiler

NigerianPL1vdf.png

5 greens got an upgrade. Not too many goals playing out wide but he's class. He's perhaps more of a teamplayer at the moment than an out and out selfish IF. No worries..once the first of Five gets the century in I may pop him in a more central position to get his tally up a bit quicker.

So with 2019 to an end we've done good but not great. I'm happy with everyone's progress but I want more. Last year we produced a combined 43gls. This year we got 45. A handful short of 50. I need that 50 to keep us well ahead of schedule. We've been pretty fortunate with suspensions, fatigueness, injuries, form etc.. but those may surprise us one at a time in the years to come and I don't feel like bringing these boys till way over their peak to squeeze out those final goals to complete this challenge. Had enough of those careers this year so I want to see this thru with seasons to spare.

Thanks for reading. Support these the Nigerians Legends with comments and well-wishes, please. Cheers and see you in 2020.

BatiGoal's African Adventure - 5x 100 ITN Goals - 53 games played

• 21/100 gls - Taiwo Awoniyi
  • 32/100 gls - Umar Sadiq
  • 42/100 gls - Kelechi Iheanacho
  • 27/100 gls - Isaac Success
  • 22/100 gls - Alex Iwobi
  • 144/500 - 356 remaining

Congrats with the final and yet again great challenge you have set yourself, if you have dont it with Lord Bendtner and Denmark you would have been done now ??

haha Lord who?? Thanks mate. It's been a very enjoyable adventure so far. And good to see one of the guys nearly halfway already.

Congratulations on the ACON dude! Looking good so far, even though you haven't seen the 50+ goals you're working towards, you are getting a steady increase each year so 2020 will bring the total you're after i'm sure!

Brilliant season again mate must of been a great feeling to get that trophy this time round. And I'm definitely  predicting over 50 next year, in fact I'm saying 53 :D

Amazing season/year for the boys, strange how all those friendly matches ended 3-3 but as you said thats 3 goals for your strikers

KIU bring on 2020

I hope so @Mr.Manager with this career now being the only save that's occupying my Vibe time I'll try to get it done asap. I'm actually looking forward to trying the 4-forward formation 4-2-4 and see the results I get.

I haven't reacted yet, but I've been following this from the start. Another ambitious yet delightful venture, Bati!

Another great year mate, 45 is nothing to be sniffed at. I'm gonna say 52 goals next year, I think you can squeeze a good 10 each hopefully! 

Also, congrats on that AFCON win, brilliant stuff. 

Thanks @Jens

@mcandrew003 have just finished 2020 but it's been quite an uneventful year. Got 11 ITN games only compared to the usual 15-16. So nowhere near 50gls. 2021 could be the one as we have the AFCON and Confed Cup to play.

Update tonight..

500 International BatiGoals

- 2020 -

What a boring year this was lol. I know it isn't the best way to start an update but I gotta be honest. Last year 2019 we had the AFCON and before that the World Cup 2018. Next year in 2021 we're going to have another AFCON as well as the Confed Cup. Exciting games ahead and I can't wait to try and win those tournaments, but this year we played friendlies and qualification matches and some more friendlies and some more qualification matches. Only 11 ITN games in total whereas we normally get to play 15 or more. So obviously this didn't result in a big total for my forwards but they got their couple of goals in to crawl closer to that finishline that's awaiting us somewhere farther than the eye can see. But we know it's there so we keep going.

As I was writing the boring truth up here I'm trying hard to come up with anything positive to say about 2020 and something actually did happen. It just sprung to mind that towards the end of the year I finally got that "new Nigerian generation" I was hoping for. As I've mentioned more than once my defensive lines weren't great to say the least so I've been struggling to find a decent GK and playing midfielders as defenders at times. But I'm delighted to have been given two good GKs and some fine defenders as well. They're only lacking experience but that's a problem easily fixed. So in all not a total wasteful 2020 :)

The Results in 2020

ITN2020results.png

So that's all we got this year. 11 ITN games, 33 goals. FFs got 25-ish I'm guessing. But I'm very happy with the quality of the squad now.

The Games in 2020

Spoiler

ITN2020one.png

ITN2020six.png

ITN2020four.png

ITN2020two.png

ITN2020three.png

ITN2020five.png

ITN2020seven.png

We won the games we had to win. The draw Vs USA and loss to Roumania are friendlies so the board weren't too bothered by it. Got my fair share of goals in so things are looking just as they should.

The Fixtures in 2021

ITN2020futNEWes.png

This is the Confed Group we're playing next year and with a much improved starting line-up I can't wait to test this Nigerian team against some elite teams. Not an easy group but I think we should make the semi's and from there on it'll depend on the form of the day. But I'm pretty confident in getting good scores in. First we have a title to defend in January tho in the AFCON 2021.

The Five Forwards

• Taiwo Awoniyi +13gls
Spoiler

FFplayer2.png

Still a Liverpool starter and this year saw his Shooting drop from 20 to 19. Hmm.. he was slightly falling behind in goal production so I put him on penalty duty and free kicks from the right. A sweet +13ITN goals as a result and he's back on track.

• Umar Sadiq +7gls
Spoiler

FFplayer5new.png

Rome's still his home and this year saw his Shooting Decisions Movement Pace all +1. Those are perfect ups which is making him look like a fantastic striker. Not a great amount of goals this year but he's slowly creeping to midway point.

• Kelechi Iheanacho +5gls
Spoiler

FFplayer3new.png

By far the worst year for this City man. Goal-wise I gotta say as his attributes bumped beautifully with Movement +2 and Decisions +3 among others. These 5 Forwards are really becoming a force up front only a few years away from their peaks.

• Isaac Success +4gls
Spoiler

FFplayer4.png

Mr. AC Milan has held his attributes pretty stable this year. A bit disappointed with the goal turnout perhaps but it isn't easy for flank players to shine on the scoreboard. Success was a teamplayer this year chipping in more than scoring.

• Alex Iwobi +3gls
Spoiler

FFplayer1.png

This Gunner probably owns the prettiest greens of them all with Passing Movement Decisions and all Physical attr. going 1 up. Also coming of the flank it's tough getting the goals in at times so this year wasn't a great year for my Inside Forwards. Then again, the sooner the 3 Center Forwards get that century in the sooner the two flankers can obtain a more central position.

In all 2020 wasn't a particularly great year getting a measly 11 ITN games and a combined 32 goals but the big positive was having seen the Nigerian team being strengthened with fresh talents. It won't be too long before these future stars become quality additions so I'll make sure to give them plenty of gametime so I can rejuvenate the team where needed. That ends a reasonably uneventful 2020 and marks the beginning of what's sure to be an interesting 2021. Can't wait to see what this "new" team is capable of. If we manage to extend our two major tournament runs and get between 15-20 ITN games I'm confident we can come close to a combined 50 goals from the more experienced FFs. Thanks for reading and comments and support welcome as usual. See you in 2021. Cheers!

BatiGoal's African Adventure - 5x 100 ITN Goals - 64 games played

• 34/100 gls - Taiwo Awoniyi
  • 39/100 gls - Umar Sadiq
  • 47/100 gls - Kelechi Iheanacho
  • 31/100 gls - Isaac Success
  • 25/100 gls - Alex Iwobi
  • 176/500 - 324 remaining

A quiet year but not a bad one all told, 3 goals per game for your strikers sounds good to me? 

Interesting choice giving Awoniyi the pens, I'd be tempted to give them to Iwobi or Iheanacho personally. Iwobi because he's dropping well behind and only yellow up front or Iheanacho to get him out of the way quicker. I'm sure you have good reasons though.

I suppose it's an interesting debate, do you want to get down to 4 up front or is it better keeping it at 5.

If you're scoring 3 gpg spread amongst the 5 strikers that's probably better than when you get to 1 striker when you'll be doing well to score 1.5 gpg, the question is will that be a straight downward progression from 3 to 1.5 or will it go up when you get to a 4-2-4 (obviously the potential of playing more games through a more stable formation also has to play a part). 

Bold decision to help Awoniyi try and claw his way into this challenge dude! Shame about the lack of fixtures this year but next years competitions will more than make up for it!

1 hour ago, RipRip said:

Awesome content in this one! Looking forward to the upcoming updates.

Thanks mate! You won't need to wait too long for the next one ;)

1 hour ago, Idol said:

Interesting choice giving Awoniyi the pens, I'd be tempted to give them to Iwobi or Iheanacho personally. Iwobi because he's dropping well behind and only yellow up front or Iheanacho to get him out of the way quicker. I'm sure you have good reasons though.

I suppose it's an interesting debate, do you want to get down to 4 up front or is it better keeping it at 5.

Iheanacho's been my penalty guy from the start but I was a little annoyed seeing him miss 3 from the last 5 so I thought you know what..let's hand it over to one of his buddies. Iwobi does need goals but Awoniyi was having a stellar year after a couple lesser years so I guess I felt he deserved to be rewarded for his fine form. Iwobi's 14 Shooting put me off but maybe I need to re-think. He's a great teamplayer but not a great scorer. With Iwobi having only scored a quarter of the required amount I may need to re-strategize for the coming years. Not entirely sure whether I should keep the 2-2-1-5 for as long as possible or quickly move on to 4-2-4. I'm a little short in quality Full Backs so I may be better off waiting a couple years with the formation swap.

46 minutes ago, Brenty92 said:

Bold decision to help Awoniyi try and claw his way into this challenge dude! Shame about the lack of fixtures this year but next years competitions will more than make up for it!

As I told Idol, maybe I need to pass on that responsibility to the guy that has the most trouble scoring, Iwobi. At least until he misses consecutive spot kicks. See how it goes, and yes let's hope we get twice as many games in 2021.

Thanks for the comments. It's really helpful as it gets me thinking about the things I perhaps otherwise wouldn't. Cheers!

5 minutes ago, Brenty92 said:

Iwobi looks to need all the help he can get atm mate lol

Yes he's slightly slacking :D Ok let's give this Gunner the penalties in the coming season. hehe.

2 hours ago, Eogtuc0910 said:

Iheanacho is an absolute beast and so is Sadiq. Success is decent and I've never used the other two

Iwobi is real class too but his current low goal production is partly due to him playing on the right flank and being a right-footed player that isn't ideal for an IF. Success is right-footed as well so they'll have to alternate playing in their preferred FL spot.

Awoniyi started slow as I was struggling to find him the right player role and make those five forwards click, but he's become much more prolific now. 

I know the game doesn't give you the stats but regarding Iwobi do you find his footedness makes that much of a difference? Say is he cutting in and wasting chances or is he instead gaining assists from passing instead of shooting etc? 

Shame that you didn't have too many games this year, I'm sure your FF will make up for it next year though. Good to see Kelechi edging closer to the half-way mark, and I'm sure the others will follow. Interested to see who you have on free-kicks, is it one of the FF to boos their goals, or someone else to give all 5 of the forwards the chance to nick it in the box?

3 hours ago, Ashez said:

I know the game doesn't give you the stats but regarding Iwobi do you find his footedness makes that much of a difference? Say is he cutting in and wasting chances or is he instead gaining assists from passing instead of shooting etc? 

Ime it does make a difference. Once I play a working formation I only look at the obvious stats such as results, clean sheets, assists goals etc. I have played both left- and right-footed players on the same flank and those with the better foot opposite to the flank are always the better performers as you'd expect. Playing the "wrong" guy (or foot) doesn't result in more assists, but in more wasted chances - fewer goals. Btw, I don't mind playing/using yellow for positions or footedness. They perform well enough imo. I do avoid orange (or brown.. is there brown? lol) and red.

36 minutes ago, mcandrew003 said:

Shame that you didn't have too many games this year, I'm sure your FF will make up for it next year though. Good to see Kelechi edging closer to the half-way mark, and I'm sure the others will follow. Interested to see who you have on free-kicks, is it one of the FF to boos their goals, or someone else to give all 5 of the forwards the chance to nick it in the box?

Since I'm playing 5 forwards I figured if the taker doesn't hit the target directly then maybe one of the other 4 forwards nicks it in. So I simply put the best shooter behind the ball every season. It's trickier if I were playing for a 1KC for example. I'd still pick the main guy as the taker in most cases but someone with good strength and aerial (your typical TM) would be great to have in the box too. Definitely food for thought here.