Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Tag Team Challenge

Idol

Hi all, 

Some of you may have read the first round of this event, as @AndersJ and myself put @Brenty92 and @mcandrew003 to the sword by somehow getting Wayne Rooney to play football. 

For our second challenge we're welcoming some new challengers, making this into a H2H2H2H2H as 5 tag teams will attempt to come in with the biggest score possible. More teams are entirely welcome, PM @AndersJ or @mcandrew003 if you want and @Taff is still looking for a partner so if you want to get involved speak up.

Introducing - @Brenty92 & @Mikee1984

@Cockers2505 & @scratch99

@JustM1kePlays & @Mollers01

@Taff & @Eogtuc0910

@AndersJ & @Idol

General Rules

Normal challenge rules, No IGE etc. EME only. Coaching Badges are allowed. All challenges will be 1 season long. 

Challenge #1 Rules - Osasuna 

I personally feel defending is overlooked a lot in the challenges posted on this board, so I've come up a with a little one. Osasuna (Athletic Pamplona if you don't have the license fix) have the worst defence in the top leagues this season, shipping 94 goals in 38 games at a terrifying rate of 2.5 per game. Could you do better? 

Take over Osasuna and go through the La Liga season, points will be awarded as follows - 

The number of league goals less than 94 you conceded (i.e. if you concede 64 you will score 30 points). 

The position you get above 20th (i.e. if you finish 10th you will score 10 points)

And if you somehow manage to win a cup you'll get an extra 5 points (up to you if you consider this to be worthwhile chasing)

NO TRANSFERS ARE ALLOWED. This is a challenge to use the players of Osasuna to see if you can better their RL performances. 

Team discussion is definitely allowed and even encouraged! If one of you comes up with a great tactic feel free to share it with your partner.

Results are to be posted here on Sunday 4th June, which gives you all 2 weeks to get this done. Good luck and have fun!

51 minutes ago, Idol said:

EME only.

Not sure how I feel about this.

52 minutes ago, Idol said:

NO TRANSFERS ARE ALLOWED

Should I just disable the first transfer window?

Other than that I guess good luck to everyone and hope the best pair wins.

Me and @Mikee1984 got some talking to do in private.;):P

My take..

• JustM1kePlays & Mollers01 great on paper but too long on the sidelines. Both carrying ringrust. Conclusion: DISASTER
  • Cockers2505 & Scratch99 have never played tagteam before. It's blind meets blind. Conclusion: EPIC DISASTER
  • AndersJ & Idol Hmm..a Man Utd fan paired up with one of Morecambe. Morecambe? Hmm.. Conclusion: :laugh::laugh::laugh:
  • Brenty92 & McAndrew003 one's managing Blackpool, the other Santos?!? Hello..update?? Conclusion: RELEGATION
  • Taff & ? doesn't matter. This man has been spotted in rehab and has become an FMM liability. Conclusion: NO SCORE
  • Granit Xhaxa & Mikee1984 I'm feeling it. This is the team. Chemistry. Drive. Passion. Ambition. Conclusion: WINNERS

There you go.

4 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

My take..

• JustM1kePlays & Mollers01 great on paper but too long on the sidelines. Both carrying ringrust. Conclusion: DISASTER
  • Cockers2505 & Scratch99 have never played tagteam before. It's blind meets blind. Conclusion: EPIC DISASTER
  • AndersJ & Idol Hmm..a Man Utd fan paired up with one of Morecambe. Morecambe? Hmm.. Conclusion: :laugh::laugh::laugh:
  • Brenty92 & McAndrew003 one's managing Blackpool, the other Santos?!? Hello..update?? Conclusion: RELEGATION
  • Taff & ? doesn't matter. This man has been spotted in rehab and has become an FMM liability. Conclusion: NO SCORE
  • Granit Xhaxa & Mikee1984 I'm feeling it. This is the team. Chemistry. Drive. Passion. Ambition. Conclusion: WINNERS

There you go.

How dare you sir I am not to be considered a liability (a loose cannon maybe and an FMM junkie for sure) but a liability 

giphy.gif.6c56f3f44a58d57bf4923d812cd6bf26.gif "How dare you besmirch my honour sir"

Spoiler

This isn't me challenging @BatiGoal to a duel, I'm not suicidal 

35 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

My take..

There you go.

Read more  

Yeah I'm managing Blackpool, but I've took the most from league 2 to the Championship (check my thread if you don't believe me :D) And Brenty is, well, Brenty, so we will be victorious! 

To all the new Tag Teams, you will receive a PM off me soon to sort some stuff. Cheers :D

1 minute ago, Brenty92 said:

@BatiGoal I haven't updated who I'm managing since my failed Triple Threat last year ?

LOL at least you still got that wonderful Brazilian league ;)

1 hour ago, KennyMiller27 said:

@Taff still partnerless?I'll tag in :)

Depending on what happens in the next few days, you could take my place mate, ill keep you informed....

Announcement

Due to being quite busy on the website recently, I have decided to pull out of this round of challenges. I really wanted to continue but me being really busy and going away next week, I had to make this decision. I've enjoyed this, and will follow eagerly. For now, Brenty needs a new partner, so anybody interested lease step forward. Thanks a lot to Anders, Idol and Brenty for helping put the original idea together, cheers guys.

5 minutes ago, mcandrew003 said:

Announcement

Due to being quite busy on the website recently, I have decided to pull out of this round of challenges. I really wanted to continue but me being really busy and going away next week, I had to make this decision. I've enjoyed this, and will follow eagerly. For now, Brenty needs a new partner, so anybody interested lease step forward. Thanks a lot to Anders, Idol and Brenty for helping put the original idea together, cheers guys.

I think I may have to leave as well due to schoolwork and the Olympic Games that I'm already doing so @Mikee1984 could go with @Brenty92. Sorry for any inconvenience I've caused and hope the best to everyone.

1 minute ago, Granit Xhaxa said:

I think I may have to leave as well due to schoolwork and the Olympic Games that I'm already doing so @Mikee1984 could go with @Brenty92

Alright then mate, no worries there. Brenty and Mikee could be a good partnership. 

@Idol quick question and apologies if i'm being stupid here, but the team is either Osasuna (Sporting Pamplona if you don't have the license fix)

But in my database I only have Atletico Pamplona, is this them as I want to choose the correct team?

19 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

Cockers2505 & Scratch99 have never played tagteam before. It's blind meets blind. Conclusion: EPIC DISASTER

It will either be an epic disaster or a CRUSHING VICTORY!!

Not sure which yet. Although given neither of us can find the damn team, the pendulum is probably swinging towards epic disaster right now.... ?

But don't worry @Cockers2505 , all my saves start off like this!

ATTENTIONE ;)!!!

Could everybody send their results to me when we hit the deadline. Then i will fix.....then i will sort it out and put in a document :D

What do you think about that?

I'm happy to do that if you're happy to take the time sorting it bud, not many people would be prepared to post results on behalf of 5 teams of 2 

On 2017-5-22 at 15:38, Granit Xhaxa said:

Should I just disable the first transfer window?

Up to you.

5 hours ago, Cockers2505 said:

@Idol quick question and apologies if i'm being stupid here, but the team is either Osasuna (Sporting Pamplona if you don't have the license fix)

But in my database I only have Atletico Pamplona, is this them as I want to choose the correct team?

Good point, I've edited the original post.

I'll amend the original post for the team changes as well.

We have to either 1. ALL post in the same time

or 2. Send to me or someone and i make a display that shows all the scores. Think last is the easiest?

but fixtures plus final league stand. And what else @Idol wrote :)

1 hour ago, AndersJ said:

We have to either 1. ALL post in the same time

or 2. Send to me or someone and i make a display that shows all the scores. Think last is the easiest?

but fixtures plus final league stand. And what else @Idol wrote :)

Read more  

As I'm not competing and I'm fairly decent at graphical stuff, I'll do the 2nd one if you want for you guys :D